Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Comics made into Movies: yay or nay? - Minitokyo

Comics made into Movies: yay or nay?

Comic-movies? yay or nay?

Yay!
15 votes
Nay!
1 votes
MINI-MOOSE!
5 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

As most of you know, there has been a lot of movies based on comics in the last few years. It's not a new idea to turn a comic character into a movie (like Batman, which IMO is a great series of movies), but recently I think it's been getting out of hand.

What do you guys think?

Don't get me wrong. There are some pretty good movies based on comic characters, like the X-men movies, Batman movies, SinCity (technically a graphic novel). But for every good comic-movie there's about 5 crap ones. I'm not a big comic fan so I was wondering what the comic fans felt about their favourite comic characters on the big screen.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

for me that would be a big freaking YAY, my friend ^_^

The Spiderman flicks, X-Men, Batman Begins, Sin City, V For Vendetta, these are some of my fave action movies ever.
The X-Men and Spiderman were practically my bedtime stories as a kid, so I'll cheer on any comic movie as long as it's done well. On that note, can't wait for X3, Spidey 3 and even Ghost Rider!

Arkano18

Far, Far Away

It's better to have a referent (maybe not that good), than have nothing (at all).

Movies can be good or bad, it depends on people... but if you love comic, and the director loves'em too, I think the product would be great.

I can't believe ist's not yoghurt!

Nubes

Nubes

Blah blah blah!!!

wella wella!

if u want to see ur favorite super heroes, like: fan 4, spidey man, X - man, Hulkie Hulk or Daredevil, etcetera, etcetera, etcera--- doing and makin their thing in ACTION! OKEY! I agree with comics goes to movie... but if u're goin to mutilate the characters, or even mutilate the comic, pleeeeeeeeeeease dont, let it be...

let say for example, X- men, they mutilated Storm with Halle Berry... here u dont see Storm, u see only a black girl with powers (u cant even imagine how powerful is she, and her leadership role is out of the track).

another one, Sin City--- OMMIGOD, i slept before half of the movie happened...

Another one, Elektra---- BOOOOOOOOORING!

the Punisher.... they didnt resemblance THE! punisher in that character
:S

the Hulk.... i dont even know what the heck happened there:S

well, that's my opinion.

If they are goin to make good the movie, like for example Fantastic four that wasn't just so bad, i think it was excelent for coming out of a comic story.

and i cant wait to see what is goin to be the disaster in X3... but i saw the trailer and i cant wait... IM EXCITED! :D

even though, if the movie if bad but it has graphic and action, i can sit for 1 hour and half to see the movie, but only one time:D
like i saw Elektra:D

I've sawn Xmen (2 movies), and Spidey man (2 movie) more than once, becuz their the famous of the famous...

I like them:D

take care

i have to give a YAY
BUT
i'm not really eager to see movie adaptations of comic-books
i mean, the stories and heroes in comics are bigger than life and thought FX improve day by day, it's still a different feeling
and well, when you are a longtime reader like me, you can only get frustrated by those movies. you would like to see years and years of continuity included in those movies but that's not possible, right? So you only get the core of the books and unfortunately you don't get the same feeling

Don't get me wrong, the 2 X-men, Sincity, Burton's Batman and Batman Begins were great great interpretations but (with the exception of Sincity) they didn't give me the same feeling as the books.

i say YAY mostly because it puts comics on the forefront and maybe will bring more readers ^^

i have to give a YAY
BUT
i'm not really eager to see movie adaptations of comic-books
i mean, the stories and heroes in comics are bigger than life and thought FX improve day by day, it's still a different feeling
and well, when you are a longtime reader like me, you can only get frustrated by those movies. you would like to see years and years of continuity included in those movies but that's not possible, right? So you only get the core of the books and unfortunately you don't get the same feeling

Don't get me wrong, the 2 X-men, Sincity, Burton's Batman and Batman Begins were great great interpretations but (with the exception of Sincity) they didn't give me the same feeling as the books.

i say YAY mostly because it puts comics on the forefront and maybe will bring more readers ^^

Arkano18

Far, Far Away

that's a good point

I can't believe ist's not yoghurt!

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

I say Nay now. Comic book movies actually used to be rather interesting, but as of late they have all sucked. The problem lies in that studios are just trying to cash in on as many titles as they can, so they are churning out absolute crap. Besides, I tend to believe original ideas are far more impressive.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

ko1

I agree with shoujoboy. Just think about what would happen if Hollywood were to make a live action Lupin III movie?

"I want it all and all at once" - Marquis de Sade

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

Personally, I think it can go either way depending on how the movie is done. Jisatsu Circle was great, and that was based on a comic. I heard V for Vendetta was brilliant, but I still haven't seen it. I've seen the trailer for the Death Note movie, and that looks like it'll be great too, even if MIsa wasn't quite what I expected. I'll have to wait for it to actually be released to know for sure.

Silent Hill was about 30-50% crap though. Resident Evil was about the same, but it did get much better with RE: Apocalypse.

I say yay if they're well done and nay if they're crap. But doesn't everybody? No matter what, though, it gets people to read them. Since V for Vendetta came out, sales of the comic have gone through the roof (I work in a bookstore). It's just kind of... good for business.

I love X-men movies.

I find the majority of them pretty good, so I say Yaay.

Credit to Bleeding_Muse at LJ for the icon~

Right now I am waiting for Death Note live movie :) I think it's a good idea to make movies based on manga, if someone doesn't want to watch it - then don't have to, but me personally like watching movies like that ^^

Manga based ones arent bad. Kashino-I'm waiting for the movie too! ^_^

It is a hit or miss question. I am sure if they took the comic book/ manga seriously they could make a really good movie, yet that doesn't happen much any more.

I love V for Vendetta and The Punisher! they are great both in movie and comic!xD

I'd go for a yay only if they stick with the storyline in the comics.I mean,some of the comicbook made movies don't match with the ones in the movies.I'm just soooo disappointed.Take for example the origin of Rogue in the X-Men movie.That one didn't follow the origins stated in the comics.

The other thing is that the costumes aren't the same as in the comics.Ok so maybe yellow spandex doesn't look cool in real life but they could at least make it look better.Cyclops' costume doesn't even look cool at all.The only costume which i think sticks with the ones in the comics are the costumes which the Fantastic Four and Spiderman wear.

I'm in the middle on this. I have to say some comic to movies are pretty good while others just suck. I thought the Punisher was okay since they kept to his origins. The Hulk just sucked. I skipped on the Fantastic Four, don't know why.
Spider-Man's been pretty good though i didn't like the second one too much cause it didn't seems as serious but more funny in some scenes. Kinda over used it too much in that one.
X-men: where do i start. There's a few things i didn't agree with. Like in the second one where Wolverine takes a bullet to the forehead. Umm..........can you say Adamantium skeleton? That bullet shouldn't have even gone into his head.
Batman Begins was really good compared to the last two that had Gotham City looking so ugly with its giant statues and glow in the dark henchmen. And Bane..............not exactly what i pictured.
I guess i base the movies on how close they can keep to the comics. But if they do have to make changes, then i base it on how good the new story line is and if it draws me in.

if its done right yay! if not nay!

joelawawaw

joelawawaw

boy to the world

I gave a YAY! but it wasn't a clearcut decision, as I still have bad memories of The Punisher, for which I have the misfortune to have had caught the movie (at a free preview screening nonetheless).

I don't read American comics at all, so I guess I judge comic to movie adaptations purely on the merit of the movie. I had no idea whatsoever what The Punisher was about until I watched the movie and i thought it was horrible. I could see where it was coming from with the very dark and violent, film-noir feel to the movie but the script was poor and the cinematography was really dull. Fantastic4, I felt was too commercial- the whole Hollywood blockbuster thing going on there- and its only saving grace was the casting of Jessica Alba who fitted anyway in the movie's sole agenda of making big bucks.

Not that wanting to make money is in itself a bad thing. I mean, of course all the Spiderman and X men movies were made with money in mind, but then at least they, even as stand alone movies, were decent enough, IMHO, especially the second movies of both series. Spiderman 2 was one of my favourite movies of the year when it was released and I thought that it was great that finally an action movie would also pay some attention to character development, as we saw Spiderman not just as a superhero, but as an everyman geek in Peter Parker- without having to resort to simple deus ex machina.

lol after quite a rant I realised my imprecise words could be summer up by this:

Quote by Nasikiif its done right yay! if not nay!

well put XD

When all that you wanted, and all that you had don't seem so much, for you to hold on to... for you to hold on to...

for you to belong to...

Signature

Mikofake

unforgiven...

yes, considering that the Hollywood film producers don't have any more original ideeas, it is worth the try..but the chances of smth good getting out of it are slim

depends...
some are gd while others..
nah. XD

Yeah! Comic movies are a great idea. However they run into the same dilemma game and anime movies run in to. There is usually a substantial fan base to begin with. Fans set unrealistic standards for a live action setting. It is a problem with finding a competent director that will not sacrifice the very essence of the story to please big budget investors that don’t know the story line. Any long running comic has the potential to make a great movie. Comics supply new material on a regular basis to keep the readers interest. The potential problems with the final product is directly related on the amount of pure crap is thrown in to please the general public… not the source of the material.

west comics, that'd be cool eg.x-man, batman, superman, fantastic four, etc.. but mangas into animes, i dun really like that.. >.< mangas is still coller!

it's rock lee in my avy, if you don't recognise him! ^u^v

ChronicX

ChronicX

Beholder of the Behold

I would say nay, because somehow, the movies seems to make the comics lose the soul of itself.

However, none of the comic movies failed to impress me. So it is a big yay for me. :)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.