Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Reporting Threads/Posts - Minitokyo

Reporting Threads/Posts

page 1 of 1 5 total items

kyokujitsu

kyokujitsu

Without Purpose

I searched for a while but I couldn't find any information that helped me, so I decided to make a thread. If there is someplace where I can find answers, then please close this thread and redirect me to it.

So, what actually happens when you report a post? I myself have reported double threads several times, and have yet to notice any outcome. So I was wondering what actually happens to reported items. Who do they get checked by, and how often?

I was also wondering about the possibility of creating some sort of notification system. Of course, not being a mod myself, I don't know how many items are reported everyday, so it may be too difficult, but I'd like to recieve a response on the result of reporting. If it's successful, a message saying that it was successful. If it's not successful, a reason saying why. Not only would this notify me, it would also tell me what I should avoid reporting next time, and most helpfully, it would show me that my report was actually recieved and acknowledged.

And if that is too difficult, can I please get a notice about the threads that I reported myself? I'm curious about what happened.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
- Dr. Robert Schuller

GoodTree - The homepage that supports charities ^_^

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

When you report something it will go through to moderators only, a moderator being the only person who can actually see and process reports and such. This is done more than daily by whoever comes on at the time.

Well no one actually get notifications on what happens after somethings been processed, the only real way you can follow reports is by saving the link and checking back to see whats happened later. e.g. see if threads were closed and read the comment on why, or in the case of a gallery item if you go back to the gallery and it's not there or it's in quarantine then naturally your report was processed and deemed useful. There's no real purpose to having people notified of their reports being successful and would become rather redundant, but if you would like to know how useful your being then follow yourself a day or two later. Also if you made a bad report a moderator will often let you know.

Anyways hope that was a little helpful and keep on cleaning MT :D

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

Bluearth

Bluearth

A Panda lover??

I guess reported items get in line of the cleaning-rubbish chute queue ? And get deleted, only moderators/admins(I'm assuming here x.x) can access to it like what little johhny said. Maybe you can take note of the url of the thread and check on it a few days later since they would most probably have been closed... I guess maybe we can create a thread and post reported items and their urls so that mods can go clear it all? It maybe easier afterall. Mods might want to test it? So that at least those who help to report knows which gallery items have been reported and report other ones? But i see no point in a notification system since the item would probably be deleted in the end...
And lets all work on a better Mt :)

Join the Panda Lublub today! Check the following links for more info on mt!!
Upcoming news on credits system!! Guide to Mt3:Credits,browsing and moreGuide on making gallery commentsSignature Image

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

I can assure you that all reported items are looked at by the moderators, whenever they decide to do so. I can't speak for everyone, but I usually look at reports or pop in to check on mod duties several times a day. As for knowing what happens to your reports, the best you can do is what littlejonny100 has already said.

It used to be that the member would receive something of a 'thank you' notification for each of his/her processed report, though that isn't the case any longer. Even in the past when we did get those notifications, there was no way of really knowing what exactly was just processed ("..your report for post#93842932 has been processed..."), so the only way to see what happened to the gallery item/post was to go back and look for yourself.

Also as a sidenote, it is considered a double thread only if there is an older/existing thread that has had a post within the last 4 weeks. After that people are free to start another thread on the same topic.

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

kyokujitsu

kyokujitsu

Without Purpose

Ah alright, thanks alot for that. It does help knowing that mods check several times a day. Keep on doing a great job ^_^

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
- Dr. Robert Schuller

GoodTree - The homepage that supports charities ^_^

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.