Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 if heaven and hell really existed would you change your life? - Minitokyo

if heaven and hell really existed would you change your life?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 40 total items

midnightLOVERS

midnightLOVERS

.:THE QUEEN OF HEARTS:.

IF YOU WERE FOR SURE THAT HEAVEN AND HELL REALLY EXISTED WOULD YOU CHANGE YOUR LIFE?

thats what i want to know. i for one would not chage my life if i was for sure that i was going to go to hell or that hell and heaven do exist in the afterlife. because if you cant be who you really are then your not really living.

i believe that if you modify your life to gain something then you are not really living your life to the fullest that your life can be. granted, heaven and hell may always linger in your mind that shouldnt matter if your happy, right? i know that im a religious person and that i do many things that probably might send me into purgatory but i dont keep that from doing the things that make me happy. dont get my wrong though. i dont do things to the extreme because thats not in my nature to do so.

but i want to know your opinion on this. would you change yourself?

midnightLOVERS

Avatar, signature, and userpage skin all thanks to k1ru
Signature Image
soon love soon

npoe

npoe

He was made to be able to do so.

Sadly I would change my mind, but not the way I act, I always try to do what I feel to, but seriously I would take my life a little easier, because I think that there is no afterlife and so, I try to do what I want, if that means no hurt someone.

animefairy

animefairy

Bored student

I already believe that there is a heaven and a hell, so my life wouldn't be any different from now, but I've would have known sooner, so that will let me understand better about religious stuff!

Thank you so much to soujiokita fro making my avy and sig! Mega thanks! *hugs*
Signature
Check out my userpage layout by Chichiri1907

yep i already know heaven and hell exist and of course i'll change my life to make it better ^^

Quote by midnightLOVERSIF YOU WERE FOR SURE THAT HEAVEN AND HELL REALLY EXISTED WOULD YOU CHANGE YOUR LIFE?

thats what i want to know. i for one would not chage my life if i was for sure that i was going to go to hell or that hell and heaven do exist in the afterlife. because if you cant be who you really are then your not really living.

i believe that if you modify your life to gain something then you are not really living your life to the fullest that your life can be. granted, heaven and hell may always linger in your mind that shouldnt matter if your happy, right? i know that im a religious person and that i do many things that probably might send me into purgatory but i dont keep that from doing the things that make me happy. dont get my wrong though. i dont do things to the extreme because thats not in my nature to do so.

but i want to know your opinion on this. would you change yourself?

Interesting but just a few questions before that. Now if one is really, really sure that heaven and hell exists in which heaven is just as blissful and beautiful as he has been told and much, much more while hell is just as...hellish, his worst nightmares multiplied a 1000x over and much, much worse - why wouldn't he change? If he knows that an action will take him to heaven, why not take it even if it is contrary to his personal enjoyment/base desires/emotions or not being able to live life to the 'fullest' so to speak? Similarly, if he knows an action leads to hell (which is all too real in this scenario), why wouldn't he abandon that action?

Now, in this scenario it is assumed in all certainty that heaven and hell are real and existing. In all likelihood, everyone will act along the lines of two choices only and will most likely do all good acts to the best of their abilities to earn heaven. Can we then say that they are acting in the extreme or not happy or not living their own life? This of course doesn't mean that we'll be saints and angels but our actions will strongly gravitate to "heaven" choice rather than "hell" choice. In this scenario, even if the person is not religious, the instinct of self-preservation will always override base desires because as far as I know, no one wants to burn and be damned for all eternity.

The reason people all over the world acting as they are now is that they either (i) do not believe heaven/hell exist or (ii) believe heaven/hell exist but because they can't see it or know for certainty that heaven/hell are real, they do things as we see them today i.e. good and bad intermixed - "normal" people.

Thus in this specific scenario, to abandon choices that leads to eternal good rewards and adopting those which will result in eternal damnation/torture just for the sake of being able to live life to its fullest just speaks of poor judgment and illogical desire/act to hurl oneself to own self-destruction.

EDIT: As for me personally (assuming I'm a very bad guy prior to this knowledge), yes I'll change.

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

Assuming that somehow I know that they are real I ask you two things.

Which religion I have to follow and how do I get to heaven?

The reason is that there are many religions with heaven and hell aspects and each have different rules on how to get there. Clearly just knowing that they exist won't change anything for me. I mean for all I know I need to kill 100 infidels to get to heaven. Or maybe I need to live a life without nose hair? Who knows what God would demand? However, if I know how to get there then I would change. After all what sane person would choose eternal torment over paradise?

The problem is that you will never know that the path you're leading to heaven is the right one. That is until you're dead. However, it's a moot point for me cause I'm atheist and don't believe in Heaven and Hell.

dalidadod

dalidadod

..:nya:..

well for me i do believe that too ... and that doesnt mean i'm not acting my way or i do smthing i dunt like i just do what i love and act the way i want i do believe n life after death, but that doesnt mean that i have to forget my real life and act n a way that i dunt love or like i just do whats n my mind and what i learn from my relegon ... so i'm fine with that,well i know sometime i have a hard time coz i cant do some stuff but well i'll be happy to get it n heaven ^_^
ps: nothing personal what i wrote is just my opinion ov view ^_~ have a fun everyone >_<

"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heav'n."
-The morning star (Lucifer)

I wouldnt change the way i live. I live a good life and harm no one. According to the christian religion i am damned to hell. Why? Because i was born? Because i have premarital sex with my fiance?
Any diety that forces you to act against yourself, when your not even evil, is one that i will not serve. Id rather burn in hell. And it would give me great comfort knowing the two existed, so i would know my defiance is real and well placed.
Do not think lustful thoughts? Come on.. who controls their thoughts? The male brain thinks of sex something like once every 20 minutes, unconciously every man sins. Sort of unfair isn't it?
What about the police officer that kills to protect a bus of children? Are there biblical stipulations saying its okay for him to kill? As far as i can recall the Commandments only state "Thou shall not kill" with no other heading or admendments. The same goes for everyone who prays for their loved ones out fighting a war. They kill as well, and will go to hell defending our rights and nation.
To the christian religion, its a sin to be human, but i was born human, and thats what i am and will be, defiantly if i must.

Galian

Master Ninja

Heaven and Hell does exist.

I am trying to make my life better but its really hard if youre living in this corrupt world.

Not in the slightest.

I'm not religious, nor do I ever wish to be. (I've spent too many years thinking through the angles of religion on a rational and general scientific level to ever have faith in anything). I live how I live and whether Heaven or Hell exist means nothing to me

To me heaven and hell does exist and if even I didnt believe in heaven or hell, as long as I found out, I'd probably change. However, I must say one thing... when you say "changing" your life, why must it be such a negative thing... I dont live my life all cautiously and worried about every single sin out there cuz thats impossible, God doesnt ask us for our works but our faith, so even if I had to change it would be a life of comfort

Story-Weaver

Story-Weaver

Another story begins...

I'm a Christian and already believe in heaven and hell.

A lot of people seem to be saying that even if they existed they wouldn't change their lives to fit in with some powerful being's abitrary whim. However (in Christianity anyway, I can't speak for other religions), we see that God is our creator. He made us in order to be happy, joyous and live life to the full. God's not asking you to live a life of boredom and endless work, serving some church.

Instead, he knows fully what makes you work - can understand you in a way that no one else ever will - and knows that some things, even if they initially seem fun, will ultimately harm you and lead to despair. He doesn't want you just to dance like a puppet to what he feels like, but he can see more clearly what will lead to a happy life - quite apart from heaven/hell - and wants the best for you.

My two Yen.

See my web page! Or my blog.

No I wouldn't change a thing! come heaven or hell

I don't belive in a christian heaven or hell, but if there should be a christian god (or court or whatever)
judging me after my death I will take the responsibility for what I have done. Only I myself am responsible
for what I am doing, and because of that I alway try to do the right things and to behave in a "good" way,
not because of anyone judging me, but because of my principles.

Depends, if I get sent to Hell for not believing in God and I'm sure it exists then I'll become a theist. If Heaven and Hell just exist, then you also have to include the fact that I will go to one of them based on how I live my life. If Hell is eternal suffering and Heaven is eternal umm... not suffering then I'd want to go to Heaven rather than suffer forever.

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

So if you suddenly knew to 120% that H&H existed, you would change your life?
That would mean you would live a forced life, a fake life.
Since you change for fear of ending up in Hell, you haven't >really< changed at all, have you?
The heart is where it's at, everyone is capable of kindness.
Forcing a fake kindness is pretty sad. It feels much nicer being kind for real, than out of fear.

Lifeless

Lifeless

Sharigan Master

No, I wouldn't. I have no fear of either so I really don't care. I change my life when I feel like it.

I will stop at nothing to achieve my goal.....

AngelTAP

AngelTAP

Keeper of the Midnight Sun

I do not believe in Heaven or Hell. But if they did exist..... no.

When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

i dont believe in afterlife...but if i did....then still no...im not going to let something change my life, the way i act, or who i am, ill do what i want to do, and ill do what i think is right, and if im going to hell for it...so be it! at least i lived my life to the fulliest....pluz i relle hope there isnt an afterlife because then thats just like living forever...I DONT WANT TO LIVE FOREVER! i like living, its cool...but forever? naw uh aint happining

I don't believe, but if it were proven to be true, I would change my life. I don't think many people wouldn't change their lives when put in that situation. It's why people followed people like Hitler and Saddam. They'd rather change their lifestyle than face punishment.

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

I don't really care if heaven or hell exists, and even if it does, I'm not going to change my life. I'm living my life the way I want it, and if I'm deemed to go to heaven for the way I live, then so be it. Likewise for hell XD

Shinsengumi89

Shinsengumi89

The Watcher of Movies

no i would not change my life i need no heaven or hell to tell me what right or wrong and if god sets such a horrible thing in the first place then i rather help people, support gay rights , i would not care for going to hell for doing the RIGHT thing.

merged: 05-26-2006 ~ 09:18am
Also heaven and hell are just things humans made up so they felt they would not trully die and they would be immortal.

http://mt-environmentalists.minitokyo.net/ -Protect the Environment
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ - Philosophy is disscused here.
http://true-colors.minitokyo.net/ - Human Rights Group
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ - We help bridge the gaps between the different sexual orientations.

The afterlife doesn't concern me much. I live my life because I want to make the most of it, not so I can be rewarded or avoid punishment. The *concept* of Heaven and Hell is an interesting one; it can be used as a sort motivation, I suppose. (Except when some take it upon themselves to decide who is going where and treats them accordingly; ugh.) I grew up dreaming about what Heaven is like; it's still a comforting idea to me. But it's still only a concept and will remain so until my heart stops beating, y'know? Maybe Christians like myself got it totally wrong--but that won't upset me.

I have a conscience, moral scruples, my principles, my own ideas of what's "right" and "wrong"; it comes from my parents, my friends, society, and my own thoughts. I want to live my life to the best of my ability. If that's not good enough for Heaven or Soul Society (heh heh) or any afterlife, then... oops? I tried my best.

So, no, I would hope that I'm not less of a good person now because I don't live in fear of The Fire. But, I'm also scaredy-cat and, if I was truly convinced of a literal Heaven and Hell, I probably would be a different person. A nun, actually. But I'm not and I'm happy about it. Death is the next great adventure right? Or, at least, the answer to the Last Question--who was right?

it's like threatening a child if he wants to be killed or stay living. of course i think for more people they would do as they r told becuz they would want to be in heaven instead of hell fromt he descriptions we were told. so yes i would be one of those people who would change myself for two reasons. to see my daddy and to happy and blissful when i die

"I must destroy the despair-night
To shine in Eternity's sunshine."

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 40 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.