Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Friendlist should include art notifications! - Minitokyo

Friendlist should include art notifications!

Friendlist also include notifications new artworks?

Yes, because that's what I think friendlist should be.
10 votes
No, it's good the way it is.
2 votes
I don't think it matters.
0 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

I know there is a similar thread about the missing watchlist in this forum, but I guess my topic is really about my idea that friendlist should also include the functions of watchlist. If you want to be someone's friend, I feel that not only do you want to participate in their threads, but would also like to know of when their art is posted up.

I still don't know what hotlist does (I assume it notifies when someone posts a new thread) and I know that you can't have a person on both your friends and watch, because I tried and that just removed them from my friends altogether.

So, yes I was just wondering if anyone else felt that same way as I do.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving up something in return.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

yeah, I was actually kinda surprised at first that MT has two separate categories. I'd like it if I can get notified for their threads as well as art, or maybe there could be an option where you can select to be notified on their threads, art, or both.

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Ahah that would be going back to the MT2 version of the friendlist (which wasn't bad at all) !

But i think the justification for not being notified of friend's art is along these lines : "if it's your friend, that means you should check up on him / her from time to time, and thus you are able to know if he / she submitted a new art" :)
What i do to counter that is i ask my friends to tell me when they submit a new art, or i go to their UP because they often feature it on their gallery.... Actually, maybe the new system allows friends to make more contact ;)

nolove

nolove

better forget me ...

youre just a new member you just bring everything back to MT2 lol where there was no wl or hl only fl and fl was everything, but the staff didnt like the number of favs increase along with fl even though the wall isnot good enough so they create wl for the one you wanna to watch and fl is ur friend and u only get notif of 4rum thread from them ^^, that's the best way best choice as i think ^^

-: BE-DEATH-MEMORIES :-

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

The idea goes something like:
Friendslist = friends = people you want to keep in contact with on a social basis = keeping up to date on their forum postings
Watchlist = people whose art you like = keeping up with their artwork submissions
The two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, but it would be better to have the ability to put someone on both wl and fl than to give the fl the same purpose as the wl.

Well, I do think it is a good idea to be limiting about the lists, but yeah I wish I could add someone to my watchlist as well as my friendlists - I mean like Anjhurin said if they are friends you should keep monitoring them, but I just think it would be nice.

Haha, yes I'm new (ish X-P) and I found out that it used to be that way on MT2, I just thought that hotlist was for forum threads, watchlist for art and friends for both.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving up something in return.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I assume that the hotlist is for threads and artworks (I don't really know though because I have only one person on my hotlist... I assume you get both notifications though), watchlist for art, friendslist for threads. To tell the truth I'm not really quite sure what the hotlist is either lol :X But you might want to give it a try <_< I know I haven't yet >_>

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

lunagata

lunagata

Lurking -3-

Well here is what the MT Policy says:

What are the watchlist, friendlist, and hotlist?

>>> * The watchlist is a list of members whose contributions you wish to remain updated on. As such, you will receive notifications for wallpapers, art, scans, and reviews submitted by members on your watchlist.

>>* The friendlist is a list of members who you consider your friends. As such, you will receive notifications when they create threads in the forums so you can participate in discussions that they begin. You will not receive notifications when they submit wallpapers, art, scans, or reviews.

>>* The hotlist is a new section on Minitokyo which allows you to view other member's personal photos on your userpage which you consider to be worth flaunting. They will be shown on the left side bar, with a link to that particular member's userpage, that other members will be able to view on your userpage. To add people to one of your contact lists, click on the appropriate link in their profile page. Note that everyone who you indicate as a friend who has also indicated you as a friend will appear on your profile page under the Mutual Friends list.

~~~~
Simply said, the friendlist is when you indicate as a friend who has also indicated you as a friend will appear on your profile page under the Mutual Friends list.
The Hotlist is for you to view other member's personal photos on your userpage which you consider to be worth flaunting.

And the watchlist is a list of members whose contributions you wish to remain updated on.

~lunagata~

But I do wish that the Friendlist had art notification

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.