Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Windows Vista: Yes or No? - Minitokyo

Windows Vista: Yes or No?

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

I have 2gb Ram in vista, but it looks like it was 516mb in Xp, vista sucks its only a beatiful face, I prefer Xp, but I cant downgrade because I have a Laptop hp. There is a new feature in vista that alows you to preview musc videos images and office files in the same window in explorer, even you can copy and paste parts of the files. Now I cant wait for the Sp1, vista needs a urgent update for performance issues.

is it true that vista is unable to install game that are not original?

For now I wouldn't go with Vista. Maybe in another year or two.

Getting Vista is a NO. Just don't get windows if you can get a Mac.

ATAndTruong

ATAndTruong

More To It Then Meets The Eye...

Ha, I like Vista. I have Business right now, but I could upgrade to Ultimate at anytime (they're selling it at my school for...no joke, $30!) =]

Signature
Ideas...without actions, are worthless.
Thanks to the wonderful k1ru for making my masterpeice of a webpage!

I'm dual booting both vista ultimate and windows xp.

Er... as of right now, NO.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

well.. now i d say it s not worthed the trouble to have one..

maybe in 5-10 year

-.-

i prefer NO! Vista is expensive and can't installed in my compie, coz my comp is old and VGA card not required to Vista.I prefer Linux esp OpenSUSE.

CND2007

CND2007

White

I would like to upgrade next year. But I wont do it if I cant use some of my softwares... I think taht all of my editing programms will work( ulead VS11 and PI 12), but does anyone know whether I can see Visual Novels on Vista? I got some so I really want to see them on vista. if they dont then I wont upgrade...
Thank you for your post...very long...

A smile for the day.

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

Well, Isis Has been through some major changes sinced I been here. I bought Vista Home Premium two months before Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Vista ran great until I ran FSX. That is when I found out how SLOW my computer really was! I changed my graphics card to a GeForce 8800 GTS, my processor to a Intel Dual Core Processor, my motherboard to the Nividia 680i Black Pearl, and finally added 3GB of RAM. After overclocking the processor to 3GHz, now my computer SCREAMS! :) Since then, I have decided to hack into Vista and added the Windows Dreamscene program (which is intended for Vista Ultimate) so now I have animated wallpapers! Not Screensavers, active Wallpapers! :D I am also working on the new Microsoft Silverlight program, but I found out it runs just like Macromedia Flash Player.

So for Vista.... A HELL YES! ^_^'

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

scrapstyle

scrapstyle

Look! Behind You!

I used Vista for a month, then jumped ship and went back to XP. If you're happy with XP and all your games, software, hardware, etc. work fine then stay with XP.

Oh, Vista's start panel is so horribly designed.

Soroga

Soroga

Is busy again

No...Vista = a bummer, it wasn't as good as i expected it to be, the layout's changed and all, plus it's much slower than XP for some reason <_<

^_^

Windows Vista - IMO I don't use it on any desktop I just have it on my laptop and its not to bad but a few compatibility problems I would choose to use XP till either they upgrade vista to be better for a test top but I would place my money with XP or a mac (next laptop choice for me I think still debating long time windows user =p ). If you looking to play dx 10 games carefully on upgrading but if you just mostly watch anime and play dx10 games go with XP. And you need a bit of a "good" computer to use vista so if you have moderate hardware I would suggest to stick with xp if your not into the latest games and that kind of stuff.

kotaru

kotaru

Solitude Cried

Ya, somehow Vista sucks, even though it has enhanced layout and display settings. Yet the biggest problem with Vista is that it has alot of Bugs, you need to download some updates for it to be fixed and all PLUS not all programs, games and other softwares are compatible with Vista, so I prefer XP than Vista. Who Cares about a Cool Display? All we want is a FASTER RELIABLE and EFFICIENT Computer that provides us all we want... Right?

To be quite frank I'm not even bothering with getting vista since it's common knowledge that directX 10.1 which is coming with vista SP1 is going to render ALL DX10 graphics cards obsolete so I'm sticking with XP since I can quite easily make it look like vista if I wanted to (and as the old adage states if it ain't broke don't fit it)

There are many problems/changes with Vista, one noticeable change was that they changed the way the start menu works and some names in the control panel. But the problems are that it has one of the worst driver supports I have seen, making you get low frame rates even with a good graphics card. It also added many useless services (about 60 processes running) making startup time even longer, but there are improvements such as enhanced security and a program called "Ready Boost" uses a usb drive as RAM. A backup partition if you tend to mess up your computer. I say vista is fine IF they fix up the major problems fast. If your wondering yes I am using vista >.> so far its ok...

Vista is crap, horrid RAM eater, most awful driver support I've ever seen, security loopholes...just crap lol it's only good for dx10

I read on techpowerup that someone cracked Vista in a matter of minutes...it's just like Windows ME

it's like this with every new OS Microsoft puts out...always seems to be every other year the OS is good...

remember Win98? that sucked...then Win98SE came out and that was good...then WinME came out...worst OS EVER! then XP, which is godly, then Vista the pile of crap aka WinME 2 lol

Vista = No

The only thing it has over XP atm is DX and a nice looking GUI

If you want a nice looking GUI then get Ubuntu.

I don't have the ability, hardware wise, to test the newer games, but some of the older games I've tested, WC3, C&C, ect. they have ran faster emulated under ubuntu than natively in windows.

Windows Vista, only after Service Pack 2, when it should be stable.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

windows vista yes or no? to me a big no. based on my experience with vista, the startup time is very sloooooooooow. it's very annoying. the good only thing that i have noticed about it so far is that it looks good, and thats just not enough for me.

I WANT LULU'S HAREM

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

I can deal with a lot of things, I've used both macs and windows based computers and played around with linux, and as a whole I'd say I prefer the set-up of Microsoft. It's not that the others are bad, I just don't care for them personally. But with Vista...

NO.

I like to give things a chance, but after five minutes of it asking me "Is it okay to open this?" (and had I turned that feature OFF!) I wanted to kill it. I may try it later on if Microsoft fixes that, but if it continues to ask "Would you really like to open this?" I'd say NEVER on that system.

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

Just NO. It's more of a faith thing. And besides, there's no actual difference between DirectX 10 and DirectX 9 to date.

rika-shin

rika-shin

The pig... COMMANDS ME!

i don't think i could deal with vista much; after a minute or so, i'd wanna kill it and then something else because of its constant "would you like to open this?" type messages, its performance just sucks. it really needs an upgrade. Vista is just annoying.

Vista=Never

Quote by chore-boyVista is crap, horrid RAM eater, most awful driver support I've ever seen, security loopholes...just crap lol it's only good for dx10

I read on techpowerup that someone cracked Vista in a matter of minutes...it's just like Windows ME

it's like this with every new OS Microsoft puts out...always seems to be every other year the OS is good...

remember Win98? that sucked...then Win98SE came out and that was good...then WinME came out...worst OS EVER! then XP, which is godly, then Vista the pile of crap aka WinME 2 lol

lol^^

I wish my life had an 8-bit NES soundtrack.

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.