Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wallpaper and Round 1 Themes! - Minitokyo

Wallpaper and Round 1 Themes!

Group announcement by The-Planning-Board

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Now up! http://minuial.net/war/index2.html >> click the Battlegrounds link on top for full details

In short (chara is the best ;_;):

Wallpaper Round 1 Theme: The Unknown

(1) Wall an artist/creator/studio's art or anime/manga series that has less than 5 wallpapers submitted in the Minitokyo gallery.
(2) The waller should PM the organizers (a.k.a. flyindreams or charaznableamurorei) telling them whose artist/creator or what studio/series they're doing ASAP so that we know they chose a category with less than 5 walls, in case others post walls in those categories during the course of the competition. Feel free to put in a request a series/category that's not up on MT yet.

Doujinshi Round 1 Theme: Choose your fate. FUN or FEAR?

FUN!
Pick a certain slogan (defined here).
The slogan can come from any source -- advertisements in print or on television; political or satirical ones; catch phrases; soundbites; or even your own stabs at mincing words.
Now, try to make a doujinshi out of the slogan.

FEAR...
Portraying our deepest, darkest emotions on canvas is difficult. Will you accept this challenge?
Draw fear.

Deadline for walls + doujin: July 19th @ 12 noon (Pacific Time)

Please submit one signed and unsigned versions of your work (which can either be black&white or color) to wallartrev@gmail.com. Please DO NOT submit your work anywhere until judging for round 1 finishes on July 27th.

Yina

Yina

www.kisuki.net

yeah >___< I'll definitely choose fear.. haha XD

Signature Image

bj0rn

bj0rn

Apostle Of Fate

jus wonderin
so we wall as a group or indivduals.

and let's say i'm walling a certain anime series, but the catagory isnt out in MT yet. is tt applicable?

Signature

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Everyone in the group submits their individual walls, but you know, get help from other ppl if you need it.

And yea, definitely you can put in a request for a category :)

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

i forfot what group i am in, wall or doujinshi? oh well. cheers.

Signature

ShiXon

ShiXon

PFFFTT.

ummm who are the organizers? i don't know whom to PM and i got my category xD

HAY THARR.

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

This should be fun...pretty fun...i like the theme and the rules for this round

K I R A B O S H I !

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Quote by smilebiti forfot what group i am in, wall or doujinshi? oh well. cheers.

Right now you're in both... XD

Quote by ShiXonummm who are the organizers? i don't know whom to PM and i got my category xD

That would be either me or charaznableamurorei XD

Quote by Rebel-Soul-KazeThis should be fun...pretty fun...i like the theme and the rules for this round

Yay! >_<

Haha I've got something for fear, but I know I'll never finish it. So hmm.. I'll go for fun :]

Signature Image

Sandra

Sandra

.:: Haya karo waru karo ::.

Damn , i must change my wall :P

merged: 06-29-2006 ~ 04:47am
Owww and can we use vectors made by other ppl from MT if we have premission from them?

merged: 06-29-2006 ~ 05:04am
It's weird idea with this "less than 5 wallpapers..." because searching a gallery with less than 5 walls is really horrible...

Signature

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Quote by Sandramerged: 06-29-2006 ~ 04:47am
Owww and can we use vectors made by other ppl from MT if we have premission from them?

merged: 06-29-2006 ~ 05:04am
It's weird idea with this "less than 5 wallpapers..." because searching a gallery with less than 5 walls is really horrible...

You could, but I would encourage you not to, or to do your own, just 'cause I think it would reflect better for your scoring.

It wouldn't be w.a.r. if it wasn't at least somewhat challenging! >XD

hmm its hard, but i will choose fear^^
sounds like a lot of fun.

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

(*biggest sweatdrop emerges here....)
Sorry for being late, flyindreams and everyone; there's been no electricity in my place since this morning.. and *gasp*... hey, no fair giving me all the credit, flyin!

BIG thanks should go out to the "Secret Cadres and Arbiters Section of the W.A.R." -- they really labored suggesting the themes! I just helped, well, 'adding the seasoning'...

And go go go go go minna-san!

merged: 06-29-2006 ~ 04:47pm
Oh, and nobody asked (and I remember we didn't talk about this!) ... can the doujin artists submit black-and-white OR colored entries for this round?

About media used, I guess any medium is accepted, since according to the revised great words of Keltosh-sama under "Intents": ...we do believe that there is no genre superior to any other.... be it inked, penciled, crayoned, tablet-drawn, enhanced via digital means or any other... we believe that a skilled artist can make an art piece truly worth of this name.

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

Sandra

Sandra

One mor thing. Can i make a doujin and use it in wallpaper ? Because i can't find a scan which fits my vision ?

merged: 06-29-2006 ~ 07:07pm
nevermind,no questions....i know what to do :)

Signature

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

Hnnn... that would be interesting (very!) if you could make your own original doujinshi, enhance it or something and put it on your wall. But wouldn't the category of your wallpaper fall under http://browse.minitokyo.net/311/original/ , which most probably already contain more than 5 wallpapers with walled doujin? Sorry, I couldn't provide the exact numbers, but as flyin said, "It wouldn't be w.a.r. if it wasn't at least somewhat challenging!", right? You might want to browse thru the "Original" category to see if your idea on the wall can work with the required theme.

Just to give you support, here's extra go go go go for Sandra, lol....

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

I think if you walled a series/artist that doesn't even have it's own categroy you'd also get through the requirements.

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

Sandra

Sandra

I'm goin to wall a game which doesn't exist here :)

Signature

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Quote by charaznableamuroreiOh, and nobody asked (and I remember we didn't talk about this!) ... can the doujin artists submit black-and-white OR colored entries for this round?

Yup, a couple people asked this earlier and I said yes all the times... :) I'll add it to the website and here :)

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

'Copy that!

Signature Image

Rikkablurhound

Rikkablurhound

*Kero~! O_o

Woah... this is a hard one... >_<
I think I might choose Fear though... >_<

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

Quote by Terra-chanI think if you walled a series/artist that doesn't even have it's own categroy you'd also get through the requirements.

Agreeness! I think the loopholes are shining thru, so to speak.

Quote by RikkablurhoundWoah... this is a hard one... >_<
I think I might choose Fear though... >_<

lol, everyone seems brave enough to portray Fear... 'am so excited 'bout what you're all cooking! Patikim! (that's sort of a polite way of saying "I want a taste/Gimme a sample!" in my language)

Signature Image

Sandra

Sandra

One question...... I s it possible to make a mixed wall ? I mean with character from this unknown section + from well known category ?

Signature

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

I would say no Sandra~

Sandra

Sandra

Ok ok....But ! If i take a scan.And redraw it , change it much....?

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.