Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My First Wall, PLEASE Rate It - Minitokyo

My First Wall, PLEASE Rate It

page 1 of 1 13 total items

blackchii

blackchii

Enjou no Kougyoku

okay, finally i can make one and it's actually done.. personally i like it and want to submit it to the gallery but well... those strict rules and all

here it is;

http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crimsonx1gq.jpg

and here's the original scan (credits for the respective artist);

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3184/11284058838789si.jpg

there, please please and please gimme a suggestion, advice, or anything u have in mind.. i need as many input as possible

thanks

Signature

heey not bad ^^ work more on da background ya? :D

PAche

PAche

hoarder

its not a wallpaper.the dimensions are wrong.and...well i'm sorry to say this but its only gna be deleted if you post it in the forum ^_^' it looks like my first wallpaper XD right.first, the glowing cross is cool, but the glowing hair? too cliche.i'm ok with you placing her at the centre but the bg is too bland.it doesnt create any impact at all as a wallpaper.its fine, only it needs to be expanded.like...use brushes, textures, layer styles and such to make it look more unique.and try not to make the priest look so red.i know its supposed to blend in, but not to that extent.also, i think her stance isn't suitable for that kind of bg.its more for a..airy, windy, sky-ish background

well because theres only 2 aspects to this wallpaper, the stock and the bg, thats really all i can say for now^^change the dimension to something like 1600x1200 or 1024x768

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

onwwed lol i prefer bigger ones so i can change if i want to later on. Well i tihnk i got a big screen. 19 inch dell is alright yeah? yeah thats the sad thruth blackchii

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

blackchii

blackchii

Enjou no Kougyoku

Quote by PAcheits not a wallpaper.the dimensions are wrong.and...well i'm sorry to say this but its only gna be deleted if you post it in the forum ^_^' it looks like my first wallpaper XD right.first, the glowing cross is cool, but the glowing hair? too cliche.i'm ok with you placing her at the centre but the bg is too bland.it doesnt create any impact at all as a wallpaper.its fine, only it needs to be expanded.like...use brushes, textures, layer styles and such to make it look more unique.and try not to make the priest look so red.i know its supposed to blend in, but not to that extent.also, i think her stance isn't suitable for that kind of bg.its more for a..airy, windy, sky-ish background

well because theres only 2 aspects to this wallpaper, the stock and the bg, thats really all i can say for now^^change the dimension to something like 1600x1200 or 1024x768

cool that's a good comment.. right, background is currently my weak point *sigh* anyone know where can i find a good background tutorial sites?

Signature

Inuyasha-FAN

Inuyasha-FAN

I'm back

wow that's cool, so awesome!

BlueAngel17

BlueAngel17

In The Clouds

nice wallie. but the bg makes my eyes burn. lol. It'll be cool if it's motion is like.. air shooting upwards or something. I'm guessing this is some difference clouds or clouds then one layer is in color dodge or something...

hmm.. www.imanimations.net has neat tutorial sites. Shinta is the best. :)

Signature
Love it? Click HERE to view my wall site. ^^

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

The extraction seems cool but the background is a bit strange. I'd go for a sky-like, or maybe night-time-magical scene to make it work. Use light shades of like, red or maybe yellow, but nothing too dark, since the scan is already overpowering.
Some tutorial sites:
Imanimetions
Good Tutorials
Biorust
Ningen's

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

blackchii

blackchii

Enjou no Kougyoku

lol i must admit that the bg is actually not done yet, yeah i'll try to make better one next time

thanks guys for the encouraging comments and the sites ^^

Signature

I like your center piece and the extraction of it (as most ppl already said) and really there aren't much things to say, but why don't you try changing your background color to a light blue oreven a dark blue (for night sky) ... that way your center piece will stand out more. Hope I helped ;)

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

note: 1000x1000 is not a proper walling size. i suggest making your canvas 1600x1200.

your extraction looks good. i recommend using the pen tool.
be sure to reduce the glow on her hair- its 2 much.

okay: the bg has a few issues. this red rose-ish is pretty standard sort of bg for this type of artwork.
why not use some brushes as previously mentioned. keep the bg dark [like a very dark blue] but not black.

i know it a lot to digest- but think of the bg as the violin in a chamber orchestra. done right it complements the artwork.

keep working the bg you are already half way there.

blackalchemist

blackalchemist

never cry wolf...

on a 1-10 scale i give it a 6 & 1/2, but you cant really trust me I suck at wallies and art in general ^_^'

Go to the battlefield firmly confident of victory, and you will come home with no wounds whatever. Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death. When you leave the house determined not to see it again you will come home safely; when you have any thought of returning you will not return. You may not be in the wrong to think that the world is always subject to change, but the warrior must not entertain this way of thinking, for his fate is always determined.
Uesugi Kenshin (1530-1578)

Fighting for Peace is like Fucking for Virginity

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

It's a great first wall! I agree with the other feedback. Another good idea is just to look at the walls here at MT. You'll see a lot of interesting ideas that might spark your interest. :)

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.