Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How to use GIMP? - Minitokyo

How to use GIMP?

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Most people I see around here normally use Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. I downloaded this program called GIMP 2.0, which is apparently similar to PS, but I don't know how to operate the layers, and I haven't seen any tutorials for GIMP... :\

How do I use paths? And what is the "Script-Fu" command for?

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give! :D

hey...i did the same..i downloadedit but i have no idea watsoever to operate it...i thought it would be better with GIMP than PS but im sticking to PS..lol...sorry im not giving u much advise...but im just sharing ur confusion...lol :P

like photoshop

Quote by krow666like photoshop

I don't have PS in the first place, so unfortunately, I won't know what you mean by that... ^_^'

S-a-c-h-i-e-l

S-a-c-h-i-e-l

S-a-c-h-i-e-l

GIMP is really confusing and somewhat hard to use, but the price is wayyy better than photoshop's. And yes, the layers are confusing and hard to use XD

If price is not an issue, I'd recommend photoshop. For those of you who are broke (like me~), go with the GIMP. A little work and trial and error will get you doing great things~ XD

Quote by S-a-c-h-i-e-lGIMP is really confusing and somewhat hard to use, but the price is wayyy better than photoshop's. And yes, the layers are confusing and hard to use XD

If price is not an issue, I'd recommend photoshop. For those of you who are broke (like me~), go with the GIMP. A little work and trial and error will get you doing great things~ XD

I agree. I could work with PSP layers, but I never get GIMP's layers. I'm broke, so that PS is like, so near yet so far, haha...

A little trial and error...does that mean you know how to work GIMP layers? If you do, would you mind teaching me how? ^_^'

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

I have GIMP, but never got around to trying it ^_^'

Check on deviantART, there's some GIMP tutorials: http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/tutorials/gimp/?view=1&order=9&limit=24

Personally i think GIMP is pretty good for a free program. The brush tools are similar to PS in my opinion

Quote by MapleRoseI have GIMP, but never got around to trying it ^_^'

Check on deviantART, there's some GIMP tutorials: http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/tutorials/gimp/?view=1&order=9&limit=24

Thanks! :)

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

I don't know what's there, so this might be a wild goose chase. But you might want to check out www.good-tutorials.com and as the name implies - they have good tutorials. :)

Signature
Proud Member & Admin of::.Oldsters.::

Quote by ElvesI don't know what's there, so this might be a wild goose chase. But you might want to check out www.good-tutorials.com and as the name implies - they have good tutorials. :)

OK. Thanks! :)

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.