Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Need some guidance on my (general) wall... - Minitokyo

Need some guidance on my (general) wall...

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Not exactly my first wall, but I haven't done more than 2... :sweat: Made with the GIMP.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5254/nightgardenhi1.th.jpg

The thumbnail can be a little misleading...To me, it looks better than what it really looks like :\

I made this wallpaper, with a lot of help from shinta's Wings tutorial (Thank you shinta!), except that I made flower petals instead of wings.

I drew the flower petal, grass and the butterflies(do they look like butterflies...?) with the Pen tool. I applied some star brushes made by caffeine2 of deviantART. I also applied the Motion Blur filter to most of the wallpaper content.

The background's really empty, but I dunno what to fill it with. Any suggestions? Also, how does my wallpaper look to you guys? I've a bit of problem judging colour with my (weird) screen.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer! :D

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

Hmm, this is an interesting concept saphira0589. I like the colours you used, it really brings great contrast and makes it abstract looking. The designs are overall good. The quality is the worst aspect ... I'm not sure what you did since I'm unfamilar with GIMP, I used it twice in my lifetime. It's blurry in lots of places, a little too simplistic, maybe add some textures or something to fill in all that black, put leaves on the flowers. Put more variation in the grass, made a hill or something, it looks boring to be just a straight line. But I do enjoy your idea and determination to make everything yourself.

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

Well, it's definitely a really cool concept.

But some of thel ines around the edges of the... flower... windmill... things... are jagged, and the rest of everything is kind of blurry.

Plus it's all pretty simplistic, so it would be cool if you added some more detail and stuff--especially in that area in the lower left where there's nothing but black.

if you had maybe a cooler starfield, and put some sort of patterns in the sky...?

And varied the colors a little--the pinwheel things are all rainbow, but then everything in the sky is just white.

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

Kuzoku

Kuzoku

Sweet Dreamer

I like the colours and the composition. You might want to take a look at making everything a bit more seemless. In other words that all the elements fit better together in terms of texture.

Those who dream sweet dreams forget the pain of yesterday

Quote by DeviletThe quality is the worst aspect ...It's blurry in lots of places

I'll leave out Motion Blur. It should be clearer then.

GIMP is weird. When I make a selection on the same object many times, it tends to form an outline of the object, which just stays there and doesn't come off.

Quote by "embershadow"But some of thel ines around the edges of the... flower... windmill... things... are jagged, and the rest of everything is kind of blurry.

I'm a little new to the Pen, have to improve on my Pen technique... XD

Thanks for offering your suggestions, as well as encouragement :D

I hope no one minds if I take too long to fix the wall...Exams are coming :\, so I might not have so much time on my hands now. Hehe, I'll do what I can when I have the time!

merged: 08-06-2006 ~ 11:55am
I haven't finished...Far from it, actually. I only redid the flowers, so I was just wondering if they aren't too blurry now.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7069/wallpaperuncompletewo3.th.jpg

:sweat:

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

yup, it's much better. I esp like the purple one, looks like a fractal :)

but I think if you wanna have a stem, them give stems to both of them, or take out the stem on the pink one to match the purple one.

This will look great as a piece of abstract art (with a few more flowers near the top to fill that black space), but as a wallpaper, it looks a bit empty... but um, I'm not sure what to suggest because I don't know what kind of context you want these "flowers" to be in.

sorry I couldn't be more help...

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

These are really neat thingies. Can you give us some background on your idea so we can suggest some stuff to fill up the space a little? I see the opportunity to do an abstract galaxy belt. Y'know, a stream of stars, little thingies, big thingies, maybe more butterflies (I liked those), comets...that kind of thing.

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

Quote by MapleRose
This will look great as a piece of abstract art (with a few more flowers near the top to fill that black space), but as a wallpaper, it looks a bit empty... but um, I'm not sure what to suggest because I don't know what kind of context you want these "flowers" to be in.

sorry I couldn't be more help...

That's ok. You commented on what you could, so thanks. :)

Quote by sailorchironThese are really neat thingies. Can you give us some background on your idea so we can suggest some stuff to fill up the space a little? I see the opportunity to do an abstract galaxy belt. Y'know, a stream of stars, little thingies, big thingies, maybe more butterflies (I liked those), comets...that kind of thing.

Mm...I was thinking of making some sort of garden. I like your galaxy belt idea though. Sounds cool. :D I'm not sure if I can do anything complex, since I'm such a noob, but I'll do my best.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.