Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Atheism and Theism - Minitokyo

Atheism and Theism

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 87 total items

I love my GOD more than anything. Because "I'm just an honest man."
But I'm an atheis (what the f**!?).
I worship kris (Indonesian Sword) and trees.

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

Quote by ishimiIf you'll discover it, im sure you will really appreciate God and give a two up! XD Do you want to know God's purpose for humans?

I already know my purpose.
As for the rest of the mortals, its not my bussiness.

Quote by ishimi Do bad people go to hell if they don't repent? What is Hell by the way? It is a fiery torment that burns wicked ones? What does the word Hell means?
Anyone?

Yes ishimi, I am quiet aware of what hell is.
You see ishimi, those who "repend" are automatically "granted" passage to paradise. While those who made good all their life and are not belivers go to hell.
And yet you will say that since he can forgive the rapist, killer, etc... that shows that he is truly forgiving and loving (as long as you worship him/her/it). Unfortunantely for me, that a snag that i don't agree with.

When Darkness Falls, All is quiet in the Mist of the Night.

Before I say anything else, a message for someone I care: DarkIngram! I'm HUNTING you down! You haven't dared to answer my opinions in your posts. I wonder why.

Hi, everyone. I'm Catholic, and I am not going to write a 2-million-words opinions that won't-be-answered by someone who weasels. SO, I'm going to be plain and simple

God is LOVE before anything else. He's very slow in anger. He'd rather see you at his side than reducing you to ashes in Armaggedom

Armaggedon is not going to happen tomorrow, Sep 29. Perhaps later.

Jesus IS God, as the Father is, since he wasn't created. He's part of him.

Jesus resurrected IN SOUL AND BODY, since the body isn't per se something bad or dirty. he's present under the form of bread and wine in the mass

The Bible IS NOT a biology book, nor a history book (altough it has many books that are about history) nor an oracle. It is a book that talks about God. The deepest parts are writen between lines.

So, the Catholic Church doesn't denie evolution or Bing Bang. Perhaps won't accept Oparin, but he was writting for Stalin.

Kisses to DarkIngram, to everyone else, a warm see ya.

merged: 09-29-2006 ~ 01:06am
Now that I got that off my system. Ill tell you WHY I BELIEVE IN GOD (and you could, too).

It's so simple: raise your head and see.

See the perfection? It doesn't comes out of ramdom. Imagine the first cell? Can you believe something so complicated and undefined as life could come out of random?

This is what we often forget. We are so bussy dealing with our everyday life that we forget that he answer is simple. So simple as looking around. You won't find it by reason, but you'll feel it in your heart.

merged: 09-29-2006 ~ 01:08am
P.S. I also like the theory of the Big Spaguetty of Cyberdragoon... it's so unssetling...

merged: 09-29-2006 ~ 02:06am
YU-HUANG, you're so wrong... perhaps in the point of view of other Christian Churches you're saved by FAITH, but in the catholic we believe that your GOOD DEEDS is what saves you.

So, a non-believer can go to heaven. and he or she that TRULY repents (that comes from love, not from fear) too.

The core of this is that THE OTHER PEOPLE MATTER. What is FAITH, what good it does, if its not traslated into ACTION?

That ACTION is what you do in behalf of other people. Don't make religion just theory, that's a DEAD FAITH

I don't understand your anger, please answer.

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

Quote by mireya2It's so simple: raise your head and see.

I'm sorry, but I see the celing when I do that.

Quote by mireya2YU-HUANG, you're so wrong... perhaps in the point of view of other Christian Churches you're saved by FAITH, but in the catholic we believe that your GOOD DEEDS is what saves you.

You will have to forgive me if there are, I don't know how many division of the Christian faith, and they don't completely agree with each other.

Quote by mireya2So, a non-believer can go to heaven. and he or she that TRULY repents (that comes from love, not from fear) too.

See I learn something just know.
There is a small snag however, what am I suppose to repent for?

Quote by mireya2I don't understand your anger, please answer.

What are you talking about?
What anger do you speak off?

Anyone feel free to tell me where did I show sign of anger?

Quote by CyberdragonThe particulars of my belief involves the following.

* An invisible and undetectable Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe, starting with a mountain, trees and a midgit.

* All evidence pointing toward evolution was intentionally planted by the Flying Spaghetti Monster. The FSM tests Pastafarians' faith by making things look older than they really are.

* Pastafarian heaven includes at least one beer volcano and one stripper factory.

* "Ramen" is the official conclusion to prayers.

One of the reasons for my sect's radical difference from mainstream FSM is that we dispute the idea that the lack of pirates in today's time causes global warming. Despite the vast body of evidence (see below)

http://www.venganza.org/piratesarecool4.jpg

We find that that idea is absurd. Instead, we have concluded that it was the increase in the amount garbage masquerading as "real" science people are trying to have taught next to evolution. As we all know if you pump air into a tire it gets hotter. We suspect that a similar effect is occuring now only that the "tire" is the earth and the "air" is all that junk.

I'm sure by now I've converted all of you over so please feel free to spread the word if you like. And if you laugh at my beliefs I'll be forced to rip your viscera and use it to strangle you. Then I am required by scripture to insert candy into your hollowed out corpse and give it to orphans.

This is also another reason why my sect is considered radical by mainstream FSM.

Peace be with you brothers! Ramen!

Jesus what have you been smoking? ? ^_^'

merged: 10-01-2006 ~ 06:41am
I personally would agree with embershadow in his believs, I feal mostly the same way but I also like the socalled " Gaia Theory" like in Final Fantasy: Spirits within.. but that doesn't mean that i actually believe in it...

Quote: Jesus what have you been smoking? ?

Jesus' dead. So I doubt he's able to give you an answer. But I'm sure weed didn't existed during Jesus' time. Maybe he smoked his time's equivalent of Dunhill. =\

Quote by kiopi

Quote: Jesus what have you been smoking? ?

Jesus' dead. So I doubt he's able to give you an answer. But I'm sure weed didn't existed during Jesus' time. Maybe he smoked his time's equivalent of Dunhill. =\

A little known fact is that Jesus invented crack.

http://xs307.xs.to/xs307/06390/1156587108907.jpg

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

this issue may take me few more months to observe others' opinion, but anyway, i'm going to serve my deepest point of view here

first of all, i'm a Buddhist as well as practising the religious side of Taoism. my multi-beliefs was due to a common ancient (& till now) Chinese practise of mixing these both religions into their lifestyle. like japanese who practised a mix of Shinto & Buddhism, Chinese practised Confucianism in daily life, Buddhism in spiritually & religious-type Taoism in ancestor worship.

but as there're not many schools and books emphasizing these religions in my country, i admit i'm a free tinker (in replace of atheism, as i still believe in gods and certain superstitions). i never get proper religious education but moral education (basic 'which is right & which is wrong' rules). i only get to learn my own religion properly by myself at the at the age of 16.

however, being an open minded thinker as well as directed by surrounding-curiosity, i've learn about other religions too, particularly which are practised in my country Malaysia (Islam, Christian, Hinduism, native tribal Animism, Sikhism). i believe the key to living in harmony without war among multi-religions is by learning each other religions. this does not mean converting to that religion. there should be no fear to do so cause' if we've deep faith in our own one's, nothing could influence us. and rule of the thumb says religion is not a forced thing to do so.

next, i'll go explain my views on both sides of beliefs. beginning with Atheism, there's nothing wrong with that. being non-religious doesn't mean he/she's a barbarian, and never ever call them barbaric! although religion acts as guidance in life, sometimes it can destroy one too. (especially when you're too religious, you'll stray towards extremist's road. religion actually serve as spiritual comfort, while in ancient times it served as law of life. but, in fact it's even used by kings to rule people by saying they're 'descended from gods'.) but, i wonder how would the funeral be done if you've no religion.

most non-religious people live by their own 'way of life', that is, based on their experiences they had gone through. city life may serves as a good example. a number of city people are non-religious as a result of social lifestyle there. some youngsters are indirectly atheism. they seldom pray, and spent more time in entertainment.

basically, 'true' atheism have this way of life. it's called 'cause & effect': whatever actions have the consequences (though it's part of Buddhist teachings). it's an unavoided rule, so it serves as moralty (without connections to religions). [my explaination on this is on the next paragraph] thus, most atheist are careful in thier actions in life despite not governed by religions.

Theism, by the way, has ceremonial significance. moralty rules are second part of it. most religions have similarity in moralty laws. but, it's the ceremonies they're concern of so as to appease gods.

i believe, all religions sincerely strive for peace. but why the crusade 'holy' war in the 15th century, the terrorist in 21st century? this are all in one common problem: mis-interpretation & misunderstood in religions. Islam is a peace-loving religion, as shown by Prophet Muhammad's treatment towards his enemies. he released them without holding grudge though they've been a treat to his live. same to Jesus Christ in Christianity. he never hates his non-believers and even treat his enemies as friends.

but, what you see now is both religions fighting each other. Jesus & Muhammad were sent by God (the same God!) to save the people. it sadens me so much to see islamic militants shouting 'God is great!' after beheading a hostage. and it pains me deeply to see american soldiers killing Iraqi people (with one of them even yelled "you kill my family [refering to 9/11 incident], now i kill yours!")

mis-interpretation & misunderstood are almost an unavoided problem, as common as "humans do make mistake"
in simple, a moderately-practised religion is already essential.

Quote by Yu-huang"I am the one and only god and if you don't worship me you will burn forever!"
How can you have any respect for that ?
I rather burn in hell for all eternity than worship such a god.
How can you live with that in mind?

this one is quite a disturbing statement. and it even appears in the holy books! we are told that religion can't be forced on anyone. yet, it may be a statement to instil fear among humans so that they'll 'seek refuge' under the gods. i would say it's a blackmail act. plus, i will never believe that. i believe it's propagated by humans so as to make its religion more popular. Even gods never rule with such unkindness if we ever say God loves everyone.

Have you heard before this words: "God dwells in our hearts,". it means God exist spiritually inside our soul.

in conclusion, no matter if you're an Atheism or Theism, don't practise your belief to the extreme.

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

I'm going to state that im a methodist christian. so i believe in God

Quote by CyberDragoon
Not only that, if the sound waves could knock the wall down by bouncing off the hills wouldn't the waves also hit the people who had been screaming thus killing them as well? Wouldn't the powerful sound waves pretty much kill everything within a mile or so?

I'm sorry there's something called resonance. Destructive waves comes with constructive waves too depending on the incoherence of the sound waves.

Quote by evangantengkiyut13666I love my GOD more than anything. Because "I'm just an honest man."
But I'm an atheis (what the f**!?).

Please an Atheists believes in nothing but science. meaning : no God, no tree worship, no kris worship and so on

Quote by Yu-huang

Quote by ishimi Do bad people go to hell if they don't repent? What is Hell by the way? It is a fiery torment that burns wicked ones? What does the word Hell means?
Anyone?

Yes ishimi, I am quiet aware of what hell is.
You see ishimi, those who "repend" are automatically "granted" passage to paradise. While those who made good all their life and are not belivers go to hell.
And yet you will say that since he can forgive the rapist, killer, etc... that shows that he is truly forgiving and loving (as long as you worship him/her/it). Unfortunantely for me, that a snag that i don't agree with.

maybe you don't know about this : bible is written in methaphors. It shows an event but theres a different meaning to that. Bible is full of it. When it says non-believers can go to hell and believers can go to heaven doesnt mean like that! not believing a God IS a sin. It means you are arrogant about your knowledge and not acknowledging God. That's 2 of the 10 sins for you.

Quote by Yu-HuangThere is a small snag however, what am I suppose to repent for?

repent for not believing in God

Quote by Yu-HuangYou will have to forgive me if there are, I don't know how many division of the Christian faith, and they don't completely agree with each other.

I agree with that however a sin is a sin in christianity and God is God. we still read the bible even tho different sects get different meaning out of it.

Quote by Yu-HuangI'm sorry, but I see the celing when I do that.

yeah i'm sorry that you stay in your house 24 hours a day

Quote by Yu-HuangAnyone feel free to tell me where did I show sign of anger?

you didnt dont worry these things just tend to heat up when it's debated

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

Quote by xangel0you create your own "heaven" or "hell" by the way of your acts
dont blame anyone else for your bad acts, dont say its the devil or something else, its just you!.

Indeed, heaven and hell are conceived within our own self. This planet that we live in could be consider hell to someone and heaven to another. The way a person live their lives make it seems like one or the other. Unfortunately, the hypocrisy of man is great and they rather blame their action on something else rather than taking responsibility for their actions.

Quote by ttwenPlease an Atheists believes in nothing but science. meaning : no God, no tree worship, no kris worship and so on

Actually that a misconception. Being an atheist mean that you simply don't believe the existence of God or gods, not that you only believe in science.

Quote by ttwenmaybe you don't know about this : bible is written in methaphors. It shows an event but theres a different meaning to that. Bible is full of it. When it says non-believers can go to hell and believers can go to heaven doesnt mean like that! not believing a God IS a sin. It means you are arrogant about your knowledge and not acknowledging God. That's 2 of the 10 sins for you.

I am quiet aware that it is written in metaphors. But as you said yourself it can be interpreted in a number of different way. That is why there is so many division within your own faith.
What makes you so sure that your way to interpret it is the right one?

You have a valid point, I would be arrogant if I held the knowledge of God and not acknowledging. But you are assuming that all those who do not believe have met God face to face and had a nice little chat with him and then decided in the end that he doesn't exist or something. But as you said it yourself, it can be interpreted in a number of different way.
2 out of 10 sins? I seem to have forgotten what is my first sin, could you remind me again?

Quote by ttwenrepent for not believing in God

Another base assumption...

Quote by ttwenyou didnt dont worry these things just tend to heat up when it's debated

Thank you, I was beginning to believe that I was some kind of wrathful person who didn't see his own error when it was right in front of him.

risingcrescent

risingcrescent

Essential&Naturality Heaven Form

Quote:
love my GOD more than anything. Because \"I\'m just an honest man.\"
But I\'m an atheis (what the f**!?).

eh, eloe, siapa sich? :D

Quote:
next, i\'ll go explain my views on both sides of beliefs. beginning with Atheism, there\'s nothing wrong with that. being non-religious doesn\'t mean he/she\'s a barbarian, and never ever call them barbaric!

atheism worhsip matter as god.
they dont worship totem,wood-stoning art,etc

but they believe idea about how matters being concepted.
Not only this, but all things, assume that these matters hve power,inteligence,knowledge that abudance-infinite

but the chance fall into barbaric is high, considering they dont have morality.Morality comes only fromreligion, not for those who dont afraid God and religion :)

Quote:
, most atheist are careful in thier actions in life despite not governed by religions.

do they have grudge against religions?

Quote:
well, at last Im an atheist
I got my own world and doesnt mean im in a bubble or something like that
i live my way and ill die in my way, where do ill go then?

at leat,you confess you are atheis too.
do you believe you will return to energy and matter when die, considering you are atheist .

Edward De Bono reflection,
Human minds are Dull , because most rational minds that sharpest ARE NOT HUMAN MINDS, that're Animal minds.

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Quote by Persocom01Thus I conclude that the common Atheist stand of wanting only to believe only in evidence is an ultimately indefensible position.

No it isn't. Evidence should be provided for all claims since lies are very possible.

Quote by Persocom01The only logical position for an Atheist to assume is to admit that he does require a certain amount of faith.

No we don't. We just need to admit that there are questions that NOBODY can answer.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

Quote by risingcrescentatheism worhsip matter as god.

Not only this, but all things, assume that these matters hve power,inteligence,knowledge that abudance-infinite

Atheists do not worship matter as god. Your statement and beliefs regarding atheists are utterly absurb. Save afew extremely eccentric science-fanatics, no one outside a lunatic asylum could possibly hold the beliefs you have so eloquently described. I would like to request that you do at least an inkling of research on atheism, and base your statements on these facts, or AT LEAST on the more common/believable misconceptions.

Quote: but the chance fall into barbaric is high, considering they dont have morality.Morality comes only fromreligion, not for those who dont afraid God and religion :)

So only religious men can be moral? Ridiculous. A person who does not sin purely out of fear is not a moral person. Religious men who lead 'moral' lives simply because they fear Hell or retribution are in no way moral. They are merely cowards. Moral men are those who intentionally refrain from immoral deeds on their own accord, out of their own inherent goodness. Moral men are those who would remain good even were every deity to die, and every form of divine punishment cease to be. I myself believe in no god, yet I do not pillage and murder. I have friends of Methodist, Catholic, Buddhist, Taoist, agnostic, and atheist lines of belief, and they are all (relatively) moral. In contrast many religious men today and in the past have committed acts of unforgivable brutality and immorality. Consider Adolf Hitler, or members of the (old) KKK - all devout Christians, all murdering, bigotted scum.

Quote: but the chance fall into barbaric is high, considering they dont have morality.Morality comes only fromreligion, not for those who dont afraid God and religion

Not only "ridicolous", but offensive!
Catholic says to have the truth.
Jews says to have the truth.
Islamics says to have the truth.
And they only admit and accept ONE only truth.
I cannot say that.
They all, saying that, are barbarics and immorals!
I don't want to be offensive, really. I want only to make you be more aware of what you say!

I put a question on heaven.
Heaven is joy, isn't it?
The only real JOY, the peace, the extasis! Right?
What about a mother of a killer? She has no fault. She is not to blame. She goes in heaven. Can she be joyful and in peace knowing her son is in the Hell?

Take your truths and turn em in question. It's the only way to be not immoral ones!

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Quote by risingcrescent

Quote:
love my GOD more than anything. Because \"I\'m just an honest man.\"
But I\'m an atheis (what the f**!?).

eh, eloe, siapa sich? :D

Quote:
next, i\'ll go explain my views on both sides of beliefs. beginning with Atheism, there\'s nothing wrong with that. being non-religious doesn\'t mean he/she\'s a barbarian, and never ever call them barbaric!

atheism worhsip matter as god.

but the chance fall into barbaric is high, considering they dont have morality.Morality comes only fromreligion, not for those who dont afraid God and religion :)

Quote:
, most atheist are careful in thier actions in life despite not governed by religions.

do they have grudge against religions?

Quote:
well, at last Im an atheist
I got my own world and doesnt mean im in a bubble or something like that
i live my way and ill die in my way, where do ill go then?

at leat,you confess you are atheis too.
do you believe you will return to energy and matter when die, considering you are atheist.

LOL! How ignorant. Atheists don't worship matter. Please do look up your information before you post RisingCrescent. Some Atheists do have grudges against religions because it can make people do stupid things ie Crusades, "witch" burning, 911. Yes, that's what happens when we die. We turn to dirt so as Atheists, we live life to the fullest and work hard knowing that this is the only life that is guaranteed.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 87 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.