Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Critics please =] (GS/GSD vector) - Minitokyo

Critics please =] (GS/GSD vector)

page 1 of 1 5 total items

the link to my image:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/polly2930/MiniTokyo/vectorwithlightningbg.jpg

original image:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/polly2930/MiniTokyo/eptwentynine11.jpg

i know the vector itself is small, so I am not even thinking of doing anything with it >_>

all i m asking is some critics as to how my vectoring skills are doing... i mean this is my 2nd vector, and my first anime one. I really wanna do something with vectoring later (but that's only when I am better at it :sweat: )

this vector took me forever T_T i mean i spend like a week before, and picked it up - continued it for another 2 days or something.. so painful >.<

it consists of a total of 36 layers in the end, but then there are layers that i merged earlier, so probably there's really 45 layers to it... (o well...)

i know the background is a bit wierd, but then out of my 3 ideas back then, this one matches the theme the most, so i stuck to it... X-P

just wondering, like in this picture/screenshot, the top of Athrun's head and the back of his head is missing, right? how can I fill it in?

thanks in advance for your critics =] and i hope to improve.. AHaHaAhA

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

wow, that looks really neat! your 2nd vector? wow, it's so much better than my second one...

anyway, I think you did a good job with the lines and the colours, everything looks pretty smooth at this size. um, maybe darken his eyes a bit? 'cause it looks a bit faded with the shade of grey that you've used... and I think you missed the slight highlights just in front of his ear.

well, if you want to finish the rest of his head, you have to make the canvas size bigger. I'm not sure how you do it in Photoshop, but in PSP8, there's a function called "canvas size", and I can extend the borders. Then you just extend the curve of his head according to his hairstyle, maybe some improvisation, and other reference pics will help too.

I like the background actually, I usually just stick a random background for my vectors too...

It looks really good. By the way, about lightening, don't put it in unless you have a reason. I don't like pointless backgrounds.

nolove

nolove

better forget me ...

humm it is not something i'd call vector skill after all, this should be practising with pentool though >_<.
if you're not using illustrator or corel, you can enlarge the scan to vector it ^__^ so it'll be at the better resolution neh?
furthermore, you can redraw the rest part of his head then...if you leave it like that you cant make a good wallpaper >_<
as for the vector...i dont really have anything to critic since it's actually too small to find out if it really has mistake >_<. as in my view now..your work is really nice though..it looks a bit...ermm..amatuer..but this cant be fixed right away....uhm i suggest you to draw the coat outline with smaller brush set and harder too >_< it look quite blur and not really good this point

anyway...just try it some more time and i believe you'll sure get use to it ^^

-: BE-DEATH-MEMORIES :-

thanks ppl =]

alright, next time I'll "make sure" it is a larger image... and probably the biggest problem I have is improvising parts I can't see ><

so thanks for stopping by =]

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.