Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime VS Manga - Minitokyo

Anime VS Manga

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 67 total items

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

I guess that is really quite true that manga can't give the same effects as anime. But anyway, i've always preferred anime to manga. The best part about anime is that they have seiyuu's for the characters and it gives me a more realistic feeling that there are pple that are being those characters.. haha... sounds ridiculous?

Oh yes, for example Miyano Mamoru - Voice artist for Ouran high School Host Clubs, Tamaki.. He is kinda like an anime character himself. Good looking with a nice voice! haha... Sakamoto Maaya, too.. is very talented and beautiful.. another beautiful seiyuu out there... that is y i prefer anime.. haha.. the presence and need of voice artist's bring anime an edge closer to reality...

I love both of them 'cos for me its has a purpose. The manga accompany me in my long distances with the public bus to and from school and anime if there's nothing good on tv - a very common thing - spend time watch 'em - since i spend time dnld 'em -.

Give me manga any day. It may lack special effects, sound and color, but it tells the story and gives such deep characterizations. It's the author's original (mostly) unadulterated work. After seeing beautiful stories like Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha and Yuugiou get butchered in their animated versions, I've become quite the manga fan.

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

Hmz, recently i have really gone back in to liking anime more to manga.. haha.. i guess that i am getting lazy. Reading all the words and waiting for the books to be out is such a chore. The best thing about anime is that they would be subbed and all ready to be absorbed... haiz... i just wished that there would be at least 2 eps. out per week. But anyways, anime is way faster than manga which may only be out once in a few months... aaawwww....

I like anime better then manga, because i'm too lazy to read through a manga most of the time. Though if i come across an anime that I really like, i'd go and buy the manga if I hear it's pretty good.

Signature

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

haha same here. But i think that they can get far too costly! Does anyone know where to get cheap manga's? For every volume i buy it would be like about S$5 plus.. and thinking about it.. if the whole series had 20 vols. I would have to spend about S$100 plus to colect the whole set.! *Sigh!

Generally I prefer manga cuz the pace for some animes are just too slow. But of course there are exceptions to this. For some series I prefer the anime.

himura088

himura088

~Smile

I love the manga! The original.. Sometimes the story in the anime deviates from the manga.. And I love re-reading the mangas..

Melodyfpf

Melodyfpf

Murderous princess..

Both rocks but i still prefer manga coz there is some manga tt anime doesnt have

Signature
I'm back! :D

I like both anime and manga. Manga can sometimes give you more details such as the plot and characters. However anime is also good because you can finally put a voice to the characters.

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

Hmz, yeap, i totally agree that voices really do add life to the characters! But i especially love it when voice artist's voice male characters when they are female in real life.. and when some characters are just clad with the cutest voice.. Aren't those voice artists' great! They just so talented! haha...

It depends but generally the manga r better since most anime originated from the manga version. The anime versions most of the time has got some differences in the story. But i like both in general. If u wanna talk like about mahou sensei negima n tsubaba chrnicle, then the manga would rock 100times more.

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

HMz, yea, i've come across some manga's that are really MUCH MUCH MUCH better then the anime. I've also heard that Tsubasa was a real dissapointment compared to the manga itself. But since i haven't got down to reading all of the manga in that series yet, i can't really comment. However, i feel that there are still some anime that follow their manga versions faithfully. One example can be Fushigi Yuugi! My FAV! haha... But i must comment that naruto has been awfully off track *SOB

SangoHiwatari28

SangoHiwatari28

The Road to Dawn

It all depends....I love both....but sometimes manga is better than anime....anyway, i like listen the story too...so I watch the anime >_>.......it's a confuse question xD..

....I'm agree with Justice48 :O!

As I softly sing your name to myself...

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

I'd go with C, but in many cases I greatly prefer the manga version because it's the original. however, if the manga is based off the anime, then I prefer the anime version. (yes, there are manga series that are based off the anime)

anime has one bonus: music. IMO, no matter how much I dislike the Anime adaption of a series, it doesn't completely suck unless the music is horrible.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

C: I love them all.

I've recently started the manga to see how much they differe from the anime and/or to see what happens after it Gantz and Beserk. At the time I didn't realize how captivating the mangas can be. I seem to find times that mangas are more conveniant. Though I'm still a die hard anime fan the mangas have their place.

gilesaquil

gilesaquil

honora medicum

Generally I prefer manga over anime: cases in point include Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and Love Hina (OH YEA! I definitely loved the manga, while the anime was...kinda mediocre...or it's just me)...
But I'd go with letter C; there are a lot of good anime out there that I thoroughly enjoyed (admittedly, though I think I'm contradicting myself here, I very much enjoyed the anime of Samurai X more than the manga...go figure) or really haven't seen the manga of.
Plus, as you mentioned, the soundtracks rule!
That said, they both have their pro's and con's. Whichever, though, they still rock! ^^

I'd prefer anime because sometimes I'm lazy to read, but manga puts more imagination to your mind :)

Anime is great, cause you see fights, scenes and other things animated obviously :D and that's great! Cause it allows it to be unpredictable and make you laugh lots of times, or get you by surprise.

However in the mange you see much more detail many times than in the anime, or subtle details that you might miss in the anime. One such example, Neon Genesis Evangelion. The anime is great (except for the endings in my opinion) since it also allows us to experience the mental confusion and pain that goes through the characters. However, you miss many of it cause things just go too quick, in the manga, you can see their inner thoughts and feelings.

So in my opinion, I personally wouldn't be able to say which is better, they both complement each other too well, I just love them both ;)

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 67 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.