Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What is your favorite anime serie and why? - Minitokyo

What is your favorite anime serie and why?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

ookani0131

Your Nightmare

Well, this topic is openned for all the anime fans; my favorites series are Inuyasha, Full metal alchemist and chrono crusade, but my 1rst is Full metal alchemist... Why? for all!!! the story is nice and the style of the anime is awersome. What do you think?

sister princess repure. i really like how it flows from one moment to another.

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

Stellvia of the Universe... just awsome.

i need to watch more anime though ^_^'

this is prolly the hardest question to ask..... and well... i cant answer it.... right now I hafta say Naruto and Full Metal Alchmest, but thats only because I'm watching right now.... I love S.cry.ed, Naidesco, DBZ (your DAMN right!!!) and well a million others (trigun and hellsing 2)

i guess i'd hafta say, my fav anime is whatever I'm watching at the time...

oh... samurai 7 is seriously DOPE

"Below the couragous... there is NOTHING...." Yondaime-Sama (the fourth)

www.e-spot.ca
www.originudragon.deviantart.com

Signature Image

kippei

kippei

yuzuyu-chan's guardian

aishiteruze baby for me of course~! ^^

"from now on, i will be your mama..."
*hands an onigiri to you*

Gari

ah... Ahh... AHH... CHOO!!

Love Hina... Because, for some reason, it is still as funny as the first time I watched it.

'A wise man speaks because he has something to say. A fool speaks because he has to say something' - Plato

Dranzer

cloud is tight

my fav is trigun.the story line is awesome.vash looks kickass.

evangelion, asuka

snarzz

snarzz

kawaii deschou ^^

Full Metal Alchemist - the story and art is great plus it has a way to really transmit the feelings of the characters upon them, I ahve never been so moved by an anime as this one, edwards and Al´s despair is so ..."persistant" that you feel their pain and sorrow and really want to comfort them.
This is what i call an ultimate anime ^^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

nozue

nozue

Peanut & Shrimp

My favorite series are mostly Naruto and Weiss Kreuz and why: 'couse they made me so into them and now I'm stuck O_o

Signature

Spikexp

Truth Seaker

I would have to say my fav. animes are Evangelion, Please Teacher, and Ai Yori Aoshi, becasue they are all great.

Where I fight, I fight alone, where I walk, I walk alone.

Each of us needs a quest, and a person without one is lost to himself

Due to recent cutbacks, and until further notice, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

a very difficult question, because basically, I don't have one...
currently watching Full Metal Alchemist... and prolly being one of my topmost favorite ever, besides Evangelion and Lain (this one entitled one of the most impressive psycho-bending anime I've ever watched, but up until now, I can't get a full grip of the entire story)
the older series I've watched are great animes, too, such as , Mahoromatic, Love Hina (the most romantic, yet frantic, anime I've ever watched), Haibane-Renmei, Stellvia, Vandread (the most advanced cg showcase in its era), FuriKuri, Peace Maker Kurogane (no, I've never watched or liked Samurai X), Noir, Gunslinger Girl, and many more (oh yes... I'm a mainstream otaku).
Thank god. My life would SUCK without them.

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Cowboy Bebop hands down. Best art and storyline combo around!

dhunter

dhunter

Pantsman to the rescue

Vandread is still #1 on my list, I really liked the love story, the comedy and the action

Signature
Are those... pants on your head???

akari-tenshi

akari-tenshi

Happy-happy, joy-joy!

INUYASHA!!!!
i really like the story ploy, the adventure, the action, the love, and the friendship between
Inuyasha, Kagome, Sango, Miroku, Shippou, Kirara.... XD Waiii, should akari-chan mentioned all the cast here ^__^

right now i like Ufo princess valkyrie because its adorable
or
Chrno Crusades cause of the emotional moments ^_^

macguges

macguges

yet another otaku geek

As many people have said it's possible to have many, many favorites, and distinguishing which one you like most can feel like fishing for koi with a paper scoop. But as it happens, just yesterday I was thinking about my favorite anime series, and why I love it.

It's Neon Genesis Evangelion.

This anime was made by a studio and a director demonstrating total mastery of their form, who completed it by exceeding all expectations for a children's television show. I remember the uproar of fans after the series ended, and again after The End of Evangelion appeared in theaters, who accused Hideaki Anno of betrayal, bloody murder and worse. Let me suggest that their uproar demonstrates how fully Eva reached its creative goals.

"The proper education of children demands transcendental terror." It occured to me yesterday you could paraphrase the message of Eva by saying that. Scare the living bejesus out of them enough times until, one can only hope, they begin truly thinking for themselves. Each angel encountered possessed a greater scope than the ones before, not by steps but by redefining what the scope of threat could include. By the sixth episode NERV had already commanded the national resources of Japan to defeat a single angel. How would you expect the angels to respond, with stronger armor? By the End of Evangelion, the angels' scope of threat had expanded to include the audience.

That should explain why I feel so impressed with that particular series. It certainly doesn't make it easy viewing. but it does make it the most amazing anime I've seen yet.

Btw, if you're up for a book, a title I can recommend in the same vein is The Magus by John Fowles.

All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense. A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom.

I'm embarrassed to say it, but my anime experience is very limited. Most of my viewing has been of standalone films, like most of Miyazaki-san's works and the occasional "landmark" anime (Akira, gits, Ninja Scroll). I've gotten partway through "Record of Lodoss War" and have NGE (but not the two "changed ending" eps) sitting in a box in my closet. I grew up watching Speed Racer, Marine Boy, and Star Blazers (aka Battleship Yamato), with the occasional Gigantor thrown in for good measure.

Macguges has very similar ideas about film as I do. What makes a story truly great is that the characters transcend themselves and become archetypes, much like the Greek myths do. Archetypes resonate with people much more thoroughly than "mere characters" because we *all* identify with them. In tragedy, we hate the way the story ends, but in archetypical tragedy there is still a seed of hopefulness among the ashes of inevitability. (Gads, that was purple prose.) We want the characters to survive, to have a happy ending, for everything to turn out right. It usually doesn't, but we recognize that "there but for the grace of god go I" and the hope lies in ourselves -- maybe, just maybe, -we- can avoid that fate.

Anyway, enough blather. I can become pedantic at the drop of an academic hint.

eindeutig Kyou Kara Maou !
weil ich Fantasy liebe und Shonen Ai so wieso X3
und weil Wolfram so goldig ist *___*

FLCL just because it was so damn crazy.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.