Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Time's up, the bomb's set, prepare to..... vote ! - Minitokyo

Time's up, the bomb's set, prepare to..... vote !

Group announcement by Doujinshi-Support-Club

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Sorry to those who've awaited this for some time, but here it is now :)

Please send your votes on the 11th display as soon as possible, by PMing me. As a reminder for new members, you're allowed 2 votes, one for each category (regular, colored).
The votes will be put into the box from today up to monday the 23rd (because i won't be there on sunday.... planing a little trip to Paris to visit some friends ;)).

I'd like to have a lot of votes, otherwise i'll get angry :).

anj

PS the 12th display is now open, so if you've got any entry, please PM them to ryuuen, peg chan, ephie obaa-san, glassheart or me.

PPS : a happy birthday to obaa-san, and good luck for the display !

On a side note, a lot of ideas have sprund into my head about the 'year round display'. I think it's actually too bad to limit it to the winners of the monthly displays, so it will be held together with a 'new prodigy display' that will be strictly forbidden to the winners, so that we let the new talents come to light.
Nothing really finalized yet, but if you've got ideas to share, pour them in :D

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

Hey, happy birthday too, Ephie! *fake whisper - you know, I should be preparing a special post for you, related to your latest Honey and Clover obsession, which kinda connects the whole supposedly-weird food intro thing with female food fetishism and stuff, but anyway, enough of that for now, whispered lol!*

Good luck to the display entrants! Oh, and yes, I'll be voting publicly again, and I'll evade anjhurin's spanking this time for sure! XD Have fun offline, btw!

Hey, anjhu-chan, so you're suggesting that there'd be certain artist divisions for the yearender display? Like, for example (without lovely titles yet):
(1) Division 1 -- artists who already won in the monthly display will be classified by the organizers (a.k.a., super-diligent-patient you, pegassuss, ryuuen, ephemeral-garden and glassheart and anyone else willing to step up and volunteer organizing it) here?
(2) Division 2 -- artists who haven't won in the display but have submitted at least one entry in the monthly display will be classified here?
(3) Division 3 -- artists who haven't submitted anything to the display, your 'new prodigy display' idea, will be classified here?

... or maybe I'm wrong? How can we combine (or is it possible to combine, in the first place) the suggestion I made about "letting the artists themselves choose which division-based-on-skill-level they want to enter" with your latest idea? ^^^

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Hum.... i think you've got it more or less right : and somehow it mixes with your idea of 'display according to skill', at least for division 1 (since they won !).

Problem is division 2, because i actually lost track of who participated or not in the display *gomen*, and i actually wanted to give some awards like 'bigger number of entries', 'always there award' (for the participant who'd enter the most displays)... I had actually not thought about creating a 'division 2' anyway, but if the idea's adopted, why not... though i don't know if it's a good idea to scatter things too much.
So the 'new prodigy' display actually was, IMO, your divisions 2 and 3.

If i remember correctly, your 'display according to skill' idea was something like splitting it into heavyweight display, and featherweight. Then we could have the two ideas of mine (year round display, new prodigy display) divided into those 2 categories. What i actually fear is that there'd be too few people, or it would be too scattered.
But maybe we can think of something better by the end of the 12th display :). Please help me out.

PS just finished Gifts (in a straight night...... *tired*) and Discordia, Hail Eris Goddess of Chaos and Confusion !

pegassuss

pegassuss

peggie

Happy birthday ephie-san! ^^ *throws confetti* weeee

mnn it seems a great idea anjii-san! ^^ That way everyone can participate *great* I think 3 divisions inside the group would be too many, it would be better two groups for participation purposes at least. But the third division for outsiders is a great idea too

Now, to vote! ^__^

Signature
Proud member of: .::[Japanese] ::[Final Fantasy Fans]::.
Proud admistrator of: .::[Doujinshi-support-club]::. Do you like doujinshi? Then join us!
Do you like doujinshi? Then you may want to visit my gallery! ~~ *My latest submissions* : Farewell and Portrait

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

Quote by from you boththough i don't know if it's a good idea to scatter things too much... I think 3 divisions inside the group would be too many...

Actually, I don't think the whole 'division' is going to be confusing, since the participants won't have to worry about which division to enter. The "super-diligent-organizers" will be the ones who will be tasked to handle the tasks of (1) asking participants which skill level they think they are in and (2) grouping the entries. So the artists need not be confused with all the classifying brouhaha.

Lol, you fear that they'll be fewer entries? Well, if it does come to that point, then we could just laugh about it, since hey, we're doing this all for fun and supporting doujinshi, right? And that's the important thing! ^^^

So, summing the suggestions/proposals so far, plus a few suggested tweaks (lol, what about editing the first post with the messy stuff here? Also, the division things are seemingly becoming like the ones the Doujin-Arena already have, lol!):

(1) 'Year Round Display' division -- artists who already won in the monthly displays will be invited to compete here?
(2) 'New Prodigy Display'* -- artists who haven't won in the display or who haven't submitted anything to the display can join up here?
(3) 'Outside Reality Display'* -- artists who aren't members of the DSC are invited to join here?
* (2) and (3) participants will be asked by organizers if they wish to be classified as 'heavyweight' or 'lightweight', or more-skilled or less-skilled

(4) Special Titles to be Granted **--
.a. most active display participant ('always-there')
.b. 'bigger number of entries'
** Note --> I don't get how the organizers will determine this, since you yourself said you didn't keep records/data on who submitted what and how many?

Yikes, now I know what we left out! The voting! It's gonna be messy............. T_T

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Ahah, i think you summed it up pretty well. As for (4), i said it was something i'd have wanted to do, but that isn't possible since there is no record whatsoever (as far as i know) of the display participants (only the winners !).
Also, if we see that splitting into heavyweight and featherweight makes the number of entries too small, maybe we can reunite the two. But that would just be an 'escape' solution, and it might be unfair to the participants.

Now, i wonder, if we get some non DSC members to join and everything, do we need some "prizes / incentives" and such ?

As for the voting........ yup, that'll be tough, but i think as far as the people voting follow the instructions, it would be okay (like indicating precisely which display you're voting in etc...).

Does everything sound okay now ? So maybe we can start plotting everything, and bugging non DSC members, as well as displays winners.
Btw, i don't think it would start right after the 12th display ; maybe leaving a 2 weeks period to 'organize' things more properly would be a good idea !

Thx chara

*shocked* Did you guys just wished me "happy birthday"? Why would you say that? My birthday isn't here yet. It's on the 15th of November. XD

But anyways, thanks everyone for the advance birthday greetings. (too advance in fact) Thanks Jii-chan, char and peg-chan. But hey, that's not the point. I'm here to vote, it's been some while since I last recollected myself from confusion, I need to start my drawing all over again. Wow! What a happy thought that is! >.<

@ char: Oh whoa, I wonder what would that be. But owhh yeaahh, Honey and Clover's cool. Weird food = Yamada + Hagu. ^^ By the way, I've watched Honey and Clover 2, and OMG! I think I'm in love with Nomiya! *sobs*

Hm, so let me see. We're going to have whole lot more divisions?

1. "Year Round Display" - Monthly Display Winners
2. "New Prodigy Display" - Members who have yet to submit anything
3. "Outside Reality Display" - Non-DSC members
4. Special Awards

Whoa. Sounds interesting. I hope I could help out. Tell me, what kind of job is available? ^^ Prizes sounds cool. All this is making me feel so enthusiased. I'm trying as hard as I could to digest everything that you guys have been planning, but it seems like my head is all in a tangle, might need some time to actually understand everything... -_-

But I'll make sure to keep up with everything that is planned, I can't miss out now! It's fun, fun fun~

*runs off*

Signature Image

All blackheads in Mashima Hiro's mangas are my boyfriends. Owh yes they are.

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

(1) Display Divisions, check!

(2) Special Awards, scratched out!

(3) Skill Level subdivisions, on hold/'just-in-case' solution.

(4) Voting procedure/matters:
a. instructions on voting must be made as concise/clear/less verbose as possible
b. translation of voting instructions into Vietnamese, Spanish, French and other languages is recommended to increase understanding

(5) Current List of Organizers:
- anjhu, peg, ephie, ryuu, glass, and meee!

(6) Current Tasks for Organizers:
[Lol, so choose your pain or pleasure, ephie and minna!]
- involve/ask more DSC people to be organizers
- write special PM/guestbook invitation-posts to past Display winners; translate to appropriate language of person invited
- prepare content of thread announcing the Special Displays sometime soon; translate to various languages
- suggest more possible ideas for prizes and Display rules
- suggest more tasks
- announce the Special Displays two weeks after 12th Display

Other suggestions:

On (1) for Division 3, can we target inviting non-DSC artists whose doujinshi have been highlighted on the MT front page?

Still on (1) overall, I was also thinking of inviting eunasahng and unicorn2006 to cast their special picks of doujinshi from the Display, since (a) they're the currently-designed MT doujin mods, (b) it would be seen as a special privilege for doujin artists for their work to be recognized by unicorn2006 and eunasahng, (c) both mods are or have been DSC admins/members, (d) since the DSC is the largest doujin-related group in MT, wouldn't it be just apt that issues, projects, contests or event pertaining to doujinshi should be closely brought up or referred here in the group on the mods' part and that the DSC itself should largely involved itself also in matters concerning MT's policy on doujinshi and events that concern/matter to doujin artists? Lol, in essence, I'm just suggesting that we in the DSC and other doujin-related art groups for that matter should actively discuss and work with the moderators on our art/activities and vice-versa.

On the "Outside Reality Display" thing, I don't quite get why anjhurin calls it "Outside Reality"... explanation, please?

If all of this is too unbearable/too complicated, lol, well, we could always go back to the original format of the Display and suggest a new project that's a lot more bearable, ne?

'hope I do get the chance to write that post, ephie. I'm still bothering peeps with some stuff on other doujin-related projects and other stuff. T_T Lol, but Morita + Hagu = archetypes of surrealism: Morita, embodying some surrealist-artists' antics and traits; and Hagu, embodying the child-woman archetype! And yes, that was totally random and unexplained and would need a lot of words to explain, lol!

Signature Image

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Wee, that's what i call some good job :) *bows to chara*

I think i can ask some DSC members to help out (1 : check), and gather the previous winners as well (2 : check). Translation to french (check).

More task : create a thread in the art lounge (and we can keep this one as some sort of backup for organizers to talk about 'non-secretive' matters).

Division 3 : name comes from something from Discordia, which is (goes to get the book) "The point is that (little-t) truth is a matter of definition relative to the grid one is using at the moment, and that (capital-T) Truth, metaphysical reality, is irrelevant to grids entirely. Pick a grid, and through it some chaos appears ordered and some appears disordered.
Pick another grid, and the same chaos will appear differently ordered and disorderd."
So well... we have our DSC grid, which we have lived in for some time, but it doesn't mean it is the (little-t) truth. We need to open to other (little-t) truthes (first time i use the plural for that) to get closer to the (big-T) Truth, metaphysical reality. So "outside reality" would be more like "outside truth".

Anyway, members whose submissions have been highlited... it's a good idea, but of course it'll be open to everyone outside DSC ! (oh, and one thing we organizers will have to do is to thoroughly check that they are non-DSC members ;)).

Contacting the mods : yes, that is a requisite for all events, at least if we want more acknowledgement. Do you think they should vote for the 3 divisions, or only some of them (to speak the truth, so far not one of them has ever voted to a display... so maybe they'd be voters only for division 3).
Btw, speaking of division 3 : what kind of vote system ? Judges, or the same as usual ?

As for the MT art lounge thread, it will be obviously necessary for division 3, yet do we need to create one for each cat (regular, colored), set a special theme etc ? And do we need one (or more) for the DSC restricted divisions ?

Gonna get to work now. I think we should start contacting members from early november onwards, since the whole event won't happen till mid december (so they won't forget about it).

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

just wondering, are the year-round display contest for new doujins, or are we selecting from old ones (ie old entries/winners)?

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

@ MapleRose : it should be displays with brand new art, otherwise it's no fun is it ?

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

Task mode! XD

Quote by Anjhurin(Tasks for organizers) ... create a thread in the art lounge... necessary for division 3, yet do we need to create one for each cat (regular, colored), set a special theme etc ? And do we need one (or more) for the DSC restricted divisions ?

How about keeping it simple for the artists? While the organizers handle the complex tasks?

- one thread for all three Special Displays' divisions
- this thread to be posted as a DSC group announcement, since the Special Displays' still a DSC activity
- On the Invitations: I suggested that the organizers or anyone who has a love/flair for writing in the DSC try to write/compose special invitations, to inspire artists to join up. Like the ugly w.a.r. 2006 invite, anjhu? XD Could anyone write something special for the artists? Though this is gonna require a lot of effort and a lot of love for the one/s writing the invite. Maybe flavoring the invites with a 'personal spice' might help, too. Instead of they just receiving a bland, generic, spammy, so-so, "Hi, we invite you to..." invite, something that would make them feel as if that particular piece of writing was written specifically with their art in mind, as if that invitation was speaking to them, might really encourage them to participate? I would if I could, but I'm stuck on some stuff... probably I can throw around some ideas and tweak the draft, but .... T_T ... I can't promise anything right now.

- On Themes: Same as the previous Displays and echoing pegassuss' sentiments about not constraining artists to come up with a specific artwork for a specific theme, why not keep the "theme-less" theme for the Special Displays?

Quote: (non-DSC) members whose submissions have been highlited...

As of 24 October 2006, 1:03 PM Manila time, these are doujin artists whose works are MT-highlighted and are not DSC members (or in your words, "living in Other Realities"):

cremia
catcrazy
omocha
Yina
raindropmemory
parami
laxkor
kaorusumya
Crossiel
nostyle118
hana-kun
frostious
rinku726
sphene
xxxholic2
RyryTa
hana-kun
Nekat
salavin
coralstone
Dark134
Clap
natz
MercyOfIdiots
harakiri

Please comment if anyone's missing or wrongly included in the list.

Quote: Contacting the mods : yes, that is a requisite for all events, at least if we want more acknowledgement. Do you think they should vote for the 3 divisions, or only some of them (to speak the truth, so far not one of them has ever voted to a display... so maybe they'd be voters only for division 3).

But my point, anjhurin, was that this might be also a way of drawing in participation from the MT doujin mods, reminiscent of that of what happened in the MT Character Classes long-name thingy? I'm positive that they'll be willing to have a say on the whole event. I also thought this might also be a good opportunity for people in the DSC to work closely with the doujinshi moderators, at least to help ease what I consider/feeling to be a certain 'gap' or 'distancing'... since doujinshi is already underappreciated in MT, as most people would claim, I think the doujin groups should at least try to work with the mods on matters related to doujin; and by inviting them to the Special Display, it could be a way to foster that?

Quote: Btw, speaking of division 3 : what kind of vote system ? Judges, or the same as usual ?

For the Doujinshi Moderator votes? I thought that the organizers suggest that the mods try to pick their fav doujinshi from the whole lot. I guess we'll leave it up to them to pick as many doujinshi they really like... but what does anyone else think? ^^^

Also, if the "Mod Choice" proposal is a-ok, maybe I should REALLY finish that "love letter" soon, taking into account that the DSC plans to invite them to the Special Event thing. ^_~

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.