Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Maybe God Created Cavemen? - Minitokyo

Maybe God Created Cavemen?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 50 total items

Quote by CrashAriMP5N2OTaking into account my belief and science, I have convinced myself that God has worked his creation through evolution. One of my dreams to accomplish before I pass on is to set up a grand unified theory that would seek out connections among science, theology, philisophy, etc.

Yeah, I've been thinking that there is prove that evolution is probably God's will. If not, all dinosaurs won't be wiped out for us humans to evolve. I only hope that we won't share the same fate with the dinosaurs. >_>

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Evolution wiped out dinosaurs because their inefficient diets and such as their sizes that do not support their lifecycles and completion of bodily construction (like heart size vs bodysize mass, transition of body heat cooling cycles vs sweat glands and body heat disposure rate). In simple terms, they did not by the will of God decided to get wipe out, they are imperfect, and thus, die out by the ever changing and ever volatile environment, including those like what we experience now, such as the haze affecting quality of air.

If humans are not able to adapt to pollution, we will be like the same. IE: evolution in progress.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Quote by DevildudeEvolution wiped out dinosaurs because their inefficient diets and such as their sizes that do not support their lifecycles and completion of bodily construction (like heart size vs bodysize mass, transition of body heat cooling cycles vs sweat glands and body heat disposure rate). In simple terms, they did not by the will of God decided to get wipe out, they are imperfect, and thus, die out by the ever changing and ever volatile environment, including those like what we experience now, such as the haze affecting quality of air.

If humans are not able to adapt to pollution, we will be like the same. IE: evolution in progress.

good point but if it's not God's will then why are we all imperfect? Why are dinosaurs imperfect? ^_^' If God's will is evolution which is the answer to solve our imperfections then indirectly it is God's will to wipe the dinosaurs as they couldn't go through evolution so they have to make way for evolution? :x I have a feeling I'm getting confused lol..

Signature

Kyo26

Kyo26

Miuseiki

wut wut wut? im confused here @.@ so basically imperfect stuff gets wiped out? O.o hard stuff...but why cant imperfect beings change into sumtin better ? i tink im mixing up stuff around...forgive me if im mistaken. ;)

Signature

Quote by Kyo26wut wut wut? im confused here @.@ so basically imperfect stuff gets wiped out? O.o hard stuff...but why cant imperfect beings change into sumtin better ? i tink im mixing up stuff around...forgive me if im mistaken. ;)

lol...that is what we meant, imperfect beings are most likely to be wiped out in this dog-eat-dog world, that's one of the reasons why evolution happens.

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

It's not imperfect things are wiped out... "imperfect" can have different connotations. The big idea here is that those that are best suited to their environment will survive. For instance, why are there no native kangaroos living in North America? Is it because they are imperfect? That cannot be right because there are still kangaroos living on this Earth. The truth is that they are just not well adapted for living in the type of climate found in North America. They are better adapted for the weather/environment in Australia. For dinosaurs... they didn't ALL die out... only those that weren't well adapted for the changes that came about became extinct. (which just happened to be the great majority of dinosaur species... ^_^')

Signature Image

hmm...so u're saying that only the strong will survive and it's not God's will? ^_^' now that I think of it, it does make sense..we won't be created just to be destroyed right? D:

Signature

I don't want to get into a pointless conversation, but all I'll say is that you should try not to form strong opinions on things you don't really even have a basic understanding of.

Scientology is not the belief that life originally had origins from outside of space. It's a religion that deals largely with past lives.

Now you can say God did anything, maybe it created everything twenty minutes ago and just gave everyone memories, or maybe you're the only person who exists. As long as there is no evidence or good reasoning for a view, then it's pointless to believe.

Quote by alexjohnc3I don't want to get into a pointless conversation, but all I'll say is that you should try not to form strong opinions on things you don't really even have a basic understanding of.

Scientology is not the belief that life originally had origins from outside of space. It's a religion that deals largely with past lives.

Now you can say God did anything, maybe it created everything twenty minutes ago and just gave everyone memories, or maybe you're the only person who exists. As long as there is no evidence or good reasoning for a view, then it's pointless to believe.

it is? but I'm sure I've read about sciencetology in the newspapers that state that we are the descendants of aliens which also deals with our past lives. But that's not the main point here, what you seem to be saying is that belief in a view is pointless? <_< then that applies to other religions as well and not just this view..if they really have strong evidence or any at all, then people won't doubt them at all and just believe.

Signature

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

*taking a peek into the discussion*

I don't know anything of scientology, although I have heard some strange things (most likely out of context), but still I'm not going to wager an opinion on something I don't know.

What I am certain of is that, as most people have already stated, evolution as a natural process is undeniable. The ORIGINAL question was whether God created the world in the paleolithic times and evolution took over (overstatement - I know).

As far as I'm concerned the universe started (by whatever means - theoretically by the Big Bang), the earth developed (gasses, minerals, matter combining), life apeared (who knows how?), and living organisms developed henceforth.

As you can see I'm more scientifically orientated than religious. But I don't question (or speculate) Gods will in these matters. All I know is that dinosuars existed, and, because there is know mention of them in the Bible, fundamentalists deny their existence.

Speculating whether it was God's will to wipe out the dinosaurs and whether it was His will to bring us forth is, to my mind, arrogant. What makes our species so special? The dinosaurs lived from 248 to 65 million years ago. Our species has been around for hardly more than a hundred thousand years. What makes us so special? And the Bible has been around for only (at most) 3000 years. What makes that the lasting authority on the cosmogony and cosmology of this world and universe?

Sorry - wrong question to ask here...

I myself don't deny the existence of God (or any creator being of your choice). There are some issues that science still can't answer, but who knows? Just because science cannot answer it NOW doesn't mean that it isn't true. The earth doesn't give squat whether anyone believes it to be flat - it has been a sphere whatever anyone believed.

What am I saying? I believe that God's hand in creation / in the universe can be seen in the universal natural laws - He keeps the universe running by maintaining those laws. Its not, I believe, a case of wanting to wipe out a species in favour of another, more a case of setting the rules and let the rest go their course.

Having said this, I also do not believe in God as a distanced God, the mechanic, of this universe who doesn't care whatever we do. It is nice to believe that somewhere up there Someone is watching us. Call it arrogant, call it naieve, call it nice.

To summerise: if God exists then He maintains the laws of nature and the universe develop and change (not always positively) accordingly. We consider ourselves the highest and most advanced lifeform - therefore we feel special attention to us is in order. But if we are to be wiped out the earth will still continue and an even higher lifeform may develop. Will we consider that God's will as well?

That said I still believe we as a species are way to arrogant and naieve.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Quote by tobiast88Retro? You people still believe we evolved from monkeys. Talk about backwards.
We did not, I repeat, NOT, evolve from monkeys. Our common ancestor, a monkey-like creature with human traits, evolved through several different paths: one giving monkeys, one giving us. Get your facts straight, before typing garbage and attacking strawmen.

Please, don't distort other's people ideas... I never said they where monkeys or descendants of monkeys... I said that Homo erectus was more monkey-like, at least than us. Nobody could deny that they did have an more ape-like face than us.

What I said is that they were more intelligent than we believed they were. They could have made advanced things in wood and bone materials that couldn't be preserved as the stone tools... I think that's showing some respect for our ancestors.

I do not attack strawmen, but how easily you attack computer-using-men.

merged: 11-15-2006 ~ 12:40am
Please, read the whole post next time

Bee69

Bee69

Bee-GFX

God created everything..Cave mans are supposed to be monkeys really so......

No wai, god didn't create cavemen, god created technology, then technology, right guays?

Quote by joemighty16To summerise: if God exists then He maintains the laws of nature and the universe develop and change (not always positively) accordingly. We consider ourselves the highest and most advanced lifeform - therefore we feel special attention to us is in order. But if we are to be wiped out the earth will still continue and an even higher lifeform may develop. Will we consider that God's will as well?

That said I still believe we as a species are way to arrogant and naieve.

perhaps, isn't that evolution as well? a cycle of life? yeah, our species are full of flaws. But the previous beings on earth, dinosaurs have even more flaws and are thus wiped out by their inability to cope with nature's changes. I'm not comparing us with dinosaurs but what I'm trying to say is will there be an even more perfect being created in the future (If we follow the evolution as stated above)? That could be God's will as it could be part of evolution. We as a species that is considered too arrogant and ignorant (failing to think out of the box and unable to accept what is possible; naive), that could be our downfall like the dinosaurs.

Signature

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Thats basically what I believe as well, yes. But I don't think in terms of God's will. That for me is arbitrary. I see life on earth as one cycle waiting to be wiped out by the next catastrophe. The bets are on the one that can survive the longest or adapt the most.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Silverwolf: same reason why you have more in common DNA wise with your sibling, or your cousin, than with some random dude you met on the street. It's because you have a common ancestor with your cousin/sibling. Dear lord...

And scientology has much more things than what you give it credit for. Keep in mind that I think the religion is ridiculous, but it deals mostly with your past lives, and how to get back your "independence" by curing what scars you collected in the past. While this is all nice and dandy, Hubbard continues to define "divine" interference here as the extra-terrestrial beings, and how we are all here on earth just being played on. Effectively, to them god exists in the form of these extraterrestrial beings.

I think, if God(s) do(es) exist, his/her/their interference ends with the initiation of big bang. So, do(es) God(s) create human, or cavemen, or little poodle? I think they evolve on their own. I think if God(s) do(es) exist, he/she/they just act as spectator(s) past the initial big bang.

risingcrescent

risingcrescent

Essential&Naturality Heaven Form

I dont think evolution is based on adaptation unto environment.Environment/Toughness of World is Testing Place, in order to extract hidded qualities for those whom ben tested.
the qualities what we called creativity.
Those who doesnt have creativities will be vanish on its own way, lose competed from thers...

Edward De Bono reflection,
Human minds are Dull , because most rational minds that sharpest ARE NOT HUMAN MINDS, that're Animal minds.

Quote by risingcrescentI dont think evolution is based on adaptation unto environment.Environment/Toughness of World is Testing Place, in order to extract hidded qualities for those whom ben tested.
the qualities what we called creativity.
Those who doesnt have creativities will be vanish on its own way, lose competed from thers...

erm...so you're saying that only creative ppl will survive? ^_^'

Signature

risingcrescent

risingcrescent

uh,yup! //^_^\\

unfortunately, we live in the world almost not teach about creativity.

the school almost completely change the peoples into digital inteligences :D:)

Human minds are Dull , because most rational minds that sharpest ARE NOT HUMAN MINDS, that're Animal minds.

If you just said that God created everything...wouldn't it mean the same thing?

Quote by deccaIf you just said that God created everything...wouldn't it mean the same thing?

true but I don't know why some people can't accept that God created cavemen. It's not impossible..

Signature

risingcrescent

risingcrescent

Quote:
If you just said that God created everything...wouldn\'t it mean the same thing?

can you explain exactly what you mention about same thing..?

of course,everything is unity,same one on another in same cretion by one God.
But as for themselves,they are unique each other.unique axis is not comparable axis. So quantum will work on this than relativity judgment...

risingcrescent: Well, here's a question, then. You know why the DODO bird extinct? Do you think they extinct because they are not creative enough? Or do you think they extinct because they lack flight? When you think about it, if you were a little dodo bird, and you have this big scary human running at you with a pistol, what would you do? As creative as you can be, the guy would win. If you have flight, however, don't you think it's easier because there's one more way you can go? Survival against natural selection depends on numerous factors. Sure, one of them is capability of perusing what you have, but other factors, you can not help, such as lack of flight, or disproportional mass to body area ratio.

As for education and creativity, education system in general sucks anyways. So, it's a moot discussion. However, I disagree with your point that there's no creativity involved in digital life. In fact, I think the dawn of technology forces people to go and be more creative. It gives you media to go around and be creative. Creativity cannot be taught, or transferred, either it's there, or it's not.

And your last post makes no sense whatsoever. Care to translate to a more comprehensible sentences?

Milkiyo: Yeah, well, the point here, I think is, if you do believe that god created everything, then yeah, he's got to create cavemen, too. If you believe that cavemen sprouted from something else, then you have to believe that modern human also sprouted from something else. You can't just believe that god created modern human, but not cavemen. That's just hypocritical. Personally, I am the latter. I don't know if there's a god or not, but if there's one, obviously, he/she is just a spectator, and not going round interfering with our lives.

risingcrescent

risingcrescent

Quote:
risingcrescent: Well, here\'s a question, then. You know why the DODO bird extinct? Do you think they extinct because they are not creative enough? Or do you think they extinct because they lack flight? When you think about it, if you were a little dodo bird, and you have this big scary human running at you with a pistol, what would you do? As creative as you can be, the guy would win. If you have flight, however, don\'t you think it\'s easier because there\'s one more way you can go? Survival against natural selection depends on numerous factors. Sure, one of them is capability of perusing what you have, but other factors, you can not help, such as lack of flight, or disproportional mass to body area ratio.

do you know who is dodo\"s enemy?Human!
Not only dodo, but everything on earth can be destroyed by us.
Tiger,snaks,lion,etc they are almost extinct.
In dodo\'s teritory, there are no killer animals. So they dont have will to protect themselves.
Suddenly human comes by european expantionist.then dodo only left in history.

Human have Rational power ,capable develop science&technology. If animal can too, there would be human and animals, and thats not funny....

Quote:
As for education and creativity, education system in general sucks anyways. So, it\'s a moot discussion. However, I disagree with your point that there\'s no creativity involved in digital life. In fact, I think the dawn of technology forces people to go and be more creative. It gives you media to go around and be creative. Creativity cannot be taught, or transferred, either it\'s there, or it\'s not.

well. I ask one question. What is \"Creativity\"?

even Einstein-teh most clever rational human ever- doesnt know the answer
What is the distinctions between creativity and digital minds?

in our countries, science tradition is strange, thats why (most of us) we cannot evolve our science through abstract learning science that produce in development.

so school only produce robotic minds controlled by upper management from west.

your countries different than us about this tradition. In order word, your civilization almiost defeat us in everything...

Your power come only from what your succeed to read nature, nothing else.
in social and spiritual,religion ways, east is better than west.

west only care about desacralization knowledge than matematization it.
even minds is drawed into deductive numbers by axioma.

Quote:
And your last post makes no sense whatsoever. Care to translate to a more comprehensible sentences?

It appears because what I know differs than what you know.
You might be smarter than me,richer. But in other aspects...I Know What You dont Know...

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 50 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.