Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Have you Lost Faith in Sony? - Minitokyo

Have you Lost Faith in Sony?

Have you lost faith in Sony?

Yes
10 votes
No
20 votes
Sony should burn in hell
6 votes
Never
6 votes
Throw a PS3 off a bridge
1 votes
I'm getting a Wii
10 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

EarthAngel1

EarthAngel1

Hero's Aren't born their made

Well the PS3 been releashed as usually people are running over each other to get one when of course 20 out 50 people got them where i am and with the stupid price of 600 dollars here's the question i pose to all of you Have anyone of you lost faith in sony pulling this crap on all the playstation fans although i'm pretty sure the the buzz around this thing is over their won't be as many sony fans anymore. But what your opinion on this sitiuation?
:nerd:

akuma2002

akuma2002

~~ Ecchi desu ~~

There's nothing surprising, this is a new system, with new technology, so it's expensive. The problem is easily solvable : if you think it's too expensive, don't buy it.

I remember the ps2 release in france. the price was about the same, and there was nearly riots to get one.
So, no, i'm not losing faith in sony, since i didn't have a single bit of faith in them to being with. Gaming systems become good if they have good games.
And since i'm a rpg player, i always buy the system which'll give me a lot of rpgs. Meaning : the sony gaming systems. Enough for me to say that i'll buy one next year.

You will take proper responsibility for killing me -- Arcueid Brunestud, Shingetsutan Tsukihime

VindicatoR

VindicatoR

Greato!

Like my brother always say, buy the console of which the games you plan to play.
And in his case he has a PS2, Xbox, X360, and a PC where as his pc participation decreased alot since the games on pc began to suck.
Also he says he'll buy a PS3 for the sole reason of playing future Final Fantasy games and probably MGS titles as well.

Beh, that was probably alot of useless information there.
But oh well...
lol :)

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

I'll wait before I buy a PS3 for the reason that there's only 1 Mobile Suit Gundam game out for it at this time and this is the first production run. First models are always full of error and problems. Give them time to work the bugs out and the price to drop before you buy a totally new anything. Other wise you're stupid to buy an overpriced flawed item.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

I'm getting a wii. :D Even though that's completely irrelevant to the question.
No, not yet, but I don't care that much, so I don't know if I had "faith" in the first place.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

i have to some degree but i havent totally lost faith. ALthough at $1000AU ($760 or so US =_=) thats a big sting in the hip pocket

I'm still looking forward to getting one, just not in the near future, i mean i cant not get a ps3 when i have the original chunky PS1 and PS2 consoles :p

Signature Image

solidvanz

Silent Mercenary

Yup, I'm not lost faith to Sony. Maybe I wait for a few years before buying PS3 at the reasonable price. Can't wait to see PS3 in my hometown!

You Get Hand-Gestured!

I havent lost faith in Sony. They still do quality stuff but it is just quite pricier than other brands. Its is like Apple. Their Ipods is expensive but people still get it. The other stuff is around but not many people buy it. Thats how I think of Sony. Their games for their consoles are always top notch too. Grand Turismo, God of War, Everybody's Golf, Ratchet and Clank, ICO, Shadow Of Collosus. Their gaming division is bloody great. I havent lost faith in them, their marketing needs to be redifined now though. Bad image of them pouring through alot more in recent times with bad news and negativity sourrounding their products.

Me, I'm getting Wii then PS3. Wii because of the gameplay and it's cheaper. PS3 Is awesome because of the graphics, the power of the system, and mainly it's design. PS3 about 2 teraflop! OMFG! It's graphics are pretty much like the cinematics from PS2 or the graphics from the movie FF7 Advent Children. That makes me wonder how good their cinematics would be.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

blame the hype, not the company. i work in a non-electric game store. (warhammer,WH40k, magic the gathering. . . ) micrsoft (xbox) contacted our game suppliers and offered them money if they'd be willing to promote 360. even though they and everyone they do business with don't carry console games. i'm rolling with the wii. i love nintendo.

Hanazaki

Hanazaki

Current Anime: Hitman Reborn!

No, I haven't lost faith to sony. It doesn't matter how expensive the ps3, it's the satisfaction in playing all the games. Which mean I will save money and get me the ps3...nxt year.

Signature

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

I haven't lost faith in Sony either. It's just the price that is making others not want to buy PS3 but the price is reasonable because blu-ray is new technology.

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

well, i heard that, despite the high price of the PS3, Sony is in fact making a loss for each PS3 sold, due to the high cost of developing the PS3.. products using new technology are as expected to be expensive as the cost of manufacturing them is very high, but it wouldn't long before the cost of manufacturing would drop greatly, especially in the computer and electronic industry.

and i wouldn't consider getting one until the prices drop, and on the plus side that bugs would be fixed like what Duuz mentioned.

definitely getting a ps3 when the price drops and there are tonnes in stock in stores..
all the hardware and shiny stuff in the ps3 is awesome except, to me, the blu-ray drive..
unless they really start putting games on blu-ray discs, if I really needed to watch a blu-ray movie I'd wait to get a standalone player.. I wouldn't really want to 'waste' keeping my ps3 spinning for hours and hours to watch movies on the blu-ray drive.. it would hurt to replace the entire ps3 just for the blu-ray drive

Playstation totally aside, I've lost faith in Sony, from mistreating customers with poor warranties, the DRMed CD and so on. Overall mid-grade products not high quality like they used to make. The totally lack of innovation, Sony invented some of the coolest gadgets ever like the walkman, all they do now is copy and play catch up. On the whole Sony just isn't getting anything right. PS3 will either be the final nail in the coffin or Sony's saviour.

I have lost fate in sony (in the console area). They are taking us for dumb sheeps. I will not debat this subject (it will be far too long and people will tell me to go to hell).
Its is not only one thing that make me feel this, but each time i see a reaction of sony, i'm more desapointed :(. They keep on lying everytime....

Altought the ps3 maybe a great console I'll not buy it before the price goes down. Not buying a console because the constructor is not in your sight may be abit hard it is true. But i can't bear being taken for an ass to who they tell lies every now and then >=0000000~~~~~!

<(^^<) (>^^)>

CTEon

CTEon

.:Holy Devil:.

for me I don't think I have really lost much faith in sony only in the sense that I never had that much faith in them anyway even though I loved many games on their system (and own one) simply because...well as far as their track record has shown they always underperformed compared to what they said their consoles/handhelds would do...sure you could say the psp would deliver mp3 and everything...but eh...look at their games...they are either ports or sequels...nothing really groundbreaking here thats really worth getting the system over

as for the ps3 I don't really see much difference in that trend either...its great that they get DMC and MGS and FF on it...but they're all sequels again...nothing really groundbreaking or revolutionary...and then they gotta rip off nintendo's idea about a tilt sensor or whatever...and they had to take out the shock function as well...I'm not sure what their excuse was on that but I was sure a PS1 controller (3rd party) had both implemented before so its definitely doable...and at launch I was told that supposedly (so correct me if I'm wrong) 1/6 of all systems were faulty...so...yea great job sony...thats not saying I hate sony though I love many games on the sony systems...I just wish they would deliver what they said they would next time though =(

Yesterday is hisory, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it is called the present

The reason the PS3 has no shock/rumble is that for PS1/PS2 they had been using it illegally and before the PS3 came out they lost a court battle (and a LOT of money) so they decided not to pay anymore money and leave that feature out.

I didn't know the PS3 didn't have a rumble pack. Are you lying? Who cares anyways, I'll just use the old controller as soon I have money to buy a PS3. I'm a starving student you know. I wish I had bought a PS3 though, then I could've sold it on EBay for 1200 and then I could buy another PS3 later. Dumb rich people.

Yeah, I have to say that I have lost faith in sony. In my eyes the Playstation 3 is a generation ahead of what it should be. It shoudl be more along the lines of what the XBOX 360 is. I also find it unbelievable that SOny thinks that everyone has an HDTV. The Blu-Ray disc drive is completely worthless if the person buying it does not have an HDTV to enjoy it on. I could rant on about other things that are wrong with the PS3, but Instead I am going to direct you to this link showing the costs of producing every PS3 and Xbox 360. http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/11/21/Microsoft_earning_a_profit_xbox/

MiniMog

MiniMog

My.Sweet.Serenity

Personally, no, I haven't lost faith in Sony. Sure, they've done a few things I'm not too impressed with, but hey, that's the way of games console producers! They're bound to do something one person or the other doesn't agree with. Trying to make EVERYONE happy would be impossible..

As for the price of the console.. I don't think its been released in the UK, yet, but I'd estimate it at being near

Signature
Avatar, Signature Image and Userpage Layout by k1ru.

The problem with Sony at the moment is that there isnt any games. They are still working on them. There wont be a range of great games till 2008 most likely. Yes, the developers are a problem but its isnt Sony's fault... too much.

jtchen85

jtchen85

Moogle

Well, considering the PS3 is a crap system to begin with - yes. Even if there aren't any bugs (which there is, people are already reporting overheating and incompatability with certain PS2 games) it would still be a disappointing system. Wow, look at all those launch titles! They remind me of... games I played 6 months ago on the XB360. I can't wait to welcome in the new year by playing last year's games, YES! PSOne was a dumb idea, PSP is garbage, and PS3 is another disapointing release from Sony. GG Microsoft and Nintendo, they've got this in the bag.

Signature

psh the sheer power of a ps3 gives me chills. sure we dont have much of a launch... ever, but still. if we wait it out, we always get the best stuff. sony for life yo.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.