Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is the Wall Ok? - Minitokyo

Is the Wall Ok?

page 1 of 1 9 total items

[img=</a>]Athrun

eh... yeah, this is my sencond wall. i am just wondering if it is ok/ acceptable. cos yeah, some ppl may think that it is quite plain. but those who like plain wallpapers may like it or sth. i dunno cos well yeah, i am not that a professional wall-maker or whatever you call it. anyways, just some bits and pieces here, if you look carefully, there is actually sort of an engravement of the words "athrun" and "ZGMF-X19 Infinite Justice" at the sides of the wall. (: happy to hear comments please(:

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

hmm..i think it's okie..! but i'm not too sure..! nothing much to really comment though, the engravement should be more solid, so it can be seen..! ^^ but i think it's quite okie..! though not really much work was done..! ^^ gabateh..!

Signature Image

Looks okay to me. There's definitely nothing wrong with plain wallpapers as long as they're not overloaded. Did you intend to grayscale the wall? It could use a bit of colour.

Hm, I think it's better if you make the text clearer instead of engraving it. I can barely see it so it's very much the same as not even inserting the text in. Try using solid characters and then lower the opacity. At least you can still read the words even if it's not clear. :)

Signature Image

All blackheads in Mashima Hiro's mangas are my boyfriends. Owh yes they are.

amisa-das

rebecca aka. akiru goshimoz

ithink its Looking good
hahahs
cheers:)

Gallopia

Gallopia

__DaRK_ HImE__

hmm..... I kind of like the idea of how u put the picture and it kind of reminds me of the " memento of athrun " in GSD and GS
It's nice ;)
you can try to put in colours and i think it will look nice :)
But this is not reli bad too ;)
Good one XD

Signature

Gallopia copy rights! DaRK HiME has return....

lunagata

lunagata

Lurking -3-

Well it's a nice wallie, but if your asking will it do Ok here in MT,
I would have to say it's to simple, it doesn't really show a lot of work in it, and most of the members won't really give it favs since you didn't use; brushes, textures, effects and so on...

I would recomend you start to take risk, get some brushes for your program and start
experimenting, and then after a lot of work you'll get something that will really get attetion :)

Kazakian

Memetic Legacy

It's looking pretty good. Considering this is your second wall you are quite talented. Keep up the good work and don't lose that enthusiasm :).

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

I can see what you're trying to do on this wall, and it's a great idea. It's a little Athrun montage. It is very simple, though. There are a lot of effects that you could do to make the little photos look like they are tacked to the main image. It would also be interesting to use color somewhere, or at lease more contrast than just the soft grey. I'm afraid that if you submitted this it would be deleted for "low effort" even though you've put a lot of work into it.

These pics aren't of the best quality, they look like screen captures. It might be better to use one, nice, clear image of Athurn and build a composistion around him rather than using several small pics. You could still go with the concept of snapshots along the edges, that's a really nice idea, but I think the main image needs to grab the attention more.

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Like Sailorchiron said, the quality of the images aren't the greatest. Instead of using screencaps (which is always a bad idea, esp if you're enlarging it), try searching through the gallery for scans to use. Of course, you might have to learn how to extract and perhaps provide a new background; or you can vector it, which can be tricky if you don't know how; or, if you can, find a scan (high resolution and big size) that already has a pretty clean background.

Also, you need a lot more contrast, right now it looks a bit... bland with that greyscale. How about adding some colour, by either using colour for the main image (which you'll probably have to change) and greys for the smaller three, or grey for the big image and colours for the smaller images.

You know, "simple" isn't a bad thing, in fact, it can enhance your wallpaper if you do it right, just take a look at the featured walls at Simple-ism.

I hope you'll continue to work on this wall, just needs some tweaking :)

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.