Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Tenjo Tenge; who's the strongest? - Minitokyo

Tenjo Tenge; who's the strongest?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

DJ-of-E

Le

I wana created this thread long ago, but I noticed not too many people read the manga version of the series. Here discuss the art differences between the manga and anime as well as who you think is the strongest character or your favorite character.

I think the art in anime is so beautifully crafted and looks very nice. The only complaint is that Aya doesn't seem to look as good as in the manga.

As for character, I STILL THINK TAKAYANAGI is stronger than any other main or even support character. I still don't know why he's not ever featured in the volume covers, and yet he appears commonly. Hell, even the black guy name BOB gets to be in the cover and he doesn't. What's the deal with that? He's like THE CHARACTER, screw Nagi, his blonde hair looks like a Goku wanabe.

Omicron-15

Omicron-15

AIC & Gainax Fanboy

Yea Takayanagi is the bad ass of the show

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

more like vegeta, .. :)

But i have alot of catching up todo, aren't some of the members of the enforcers even stronger ??

For now i place my bet on Maya ... i mean if she can trash one of the enforcers with a small tree twig .. what can she do with a sword oO

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

sword

sword

wuzzahh

takayanagi has tiny penis and aya will never lub him :o

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

Quote by swordtakayanagi has tiny penis and aya will never lub him :o

LOL XD

Signature

Akiravinoe

Akira

Takayangi...LOL, not really, have you peeping it?
I think you'll be blowed before you can touch him.

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

haha..if you've read the manga, you'll know where sword is coming from xD

but really, takayanagi is also my favorite character, so i dont see why nagi has to go along and get all the glory, although his [censored due to spoiler] makes his appearance very cool. also, the art work has downgraded from manga to anime, but its all good.

DJ-of-E

Le

Quote by sammo] the art work has downgraded from manga to anime, but its all good.

yeah, that's what I've been noticing too. But on the bright side, Takayanagi looks a little bit skinnier in the anime version, but in the manga, he's kinda big bone muscle somewhat.

The anime version is only going for 26 episodes right ? Widnr if Mitsuomi is going to make an appearance. If he does, I wodner how are they going to wrap it up in 26 epis.

Signature Image

how many episodes have been released so far?? (Aone has released one so far)

Ninja

Ninja

Slacking Ninja

Yea how many have been released so far? I just got into this anime today after checking out the opening intro, seems like an awesome series, from what I've seen so far I'd like to say Takayanagi is the stronest! lol.

so far episode 3 is out. i think there are 3 groups subbing it.

Signature Image

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Yeah, I've been wondering that myself...WHY!?

DJ-of-E

Le

Quote by white-zeroYeah, I've been wondering that myself...WHY!?

It's all about competition. They want their name to be made "better" than someone else so they can release series THEY would like to sub rather than SOMETHING POPULAR.

Quote by zephyranthesso far episode 3 is out. i think there are 3 groups subbing it.

what 3 groups? i know Aone is one, but what r others?

Sh0rT0nE

Ecchi King XD

i dunno who's stronger lol...but who's hotter?...i'd have to say maya...i really like the way her face is drawn...the rest isn't so bad either ^_^ lol...aya's alrit...i dun like the way she's drawin in the anime though...the anime doesn't do her justice...manga version looks much better i think

I just saw the first episode of this anime only yesterday, and I must say from what I've seen, it's great! The opening theme song is one of a kind, lol... And I like Maya, that's for sure lol.

http://ganked.us - Free Games

CGE

Quote by Neoelementwhat 3 groups? i know Aone is one, but what r others?

As far as I know, the other groups that are subbing Tenjou Tenge are AnimeStation and ^_^ (I hope that the name of the second group doesn't show up as a smiley -_-;).

Anyway, from the characters that have shown up in the anime, I'd say that Maya is the strongest. However, by the end of the series, I think that Nagi will end up being the strongest character.

Onaka ga suki mashita. ~_~

DJ-of-E

Le

Ya, him and his dragon eye. hehehe, too bad he's no match for Takayanagi's family. His brother is SO UB3R STRONG!

Rex

Rex

Fafner Pilot

isn't he only uber strong for 3 min?

that aside....nagi will probaly end up strongest...he is the main character afterall....but still......i like maya!

Kev

Retired Moderator

Hannibal

hah, i think 4 groups are subbing it

aone, a-station, anime4life and ^_^

lol ^_^ has the worse subbing, but they release hanaukyo maid tai ~ la verite, lol and ragnarok animation

dustin

dustin

Gem Stone

I don't think ^_^has the worst sub. It's ok when i compare it to the others, but instead anime4life left few words off from the sub, atleast on first episode.

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

TAKAYANAGI seems to be the strongest so far XD (to me that is) when i read the manga i was like...like XD woah damn....

< POSSIBLE SPOILER>

Takayanagi Masataka seems to be like Maya - highly skilled and driven, but lacking inborn ability. It's kind of like Sakura from Naruto - she's got the control and the smarts, but when Sasuke busts of the Sharingan and Naruto busts into Kyubi form, she's about as powerful (in comparison) as a toy ant. I'm sure by the end of the series, Aya and Souichirou will have totally surpassed Masataka and Maya. Of course, Takayanagi and Maya would cancel Sakura in a heartbeat...but I just used her as an example cuz she came to mind first.

<END SPOILER>

The art isn't bad, but it's second rate. I know some people will disagree, but what I consider first rate art would be: Neon Genesis, Last Exile, Chobits, and Scrapped Princess. If you look carefully, the faces of the characters aren't quite as consistant in TenTen as they are in animes with the best art. Mouths are off-center sometimes, etc, and it's drawn somewhat in a more manga-type style, with quick lines and squiggles for shadows and bruises, etc.

The action sequences at least are pretty well done - unliked in Condor Hero, which has a good story but just terrible animation and art. That kicking flurry of Takayanagi's was just awesome...reminded me of Spike in Cowboy Bebop :p

Considering Tenjo Tenge runs at midnight and isn't really a "flag-ship" series, the art is pretty decent. If you like the anime though, you HAVE to read the manga. ^_^

Ah yes, and the other question...Maya is the strongest character in the beginning, before Mitsuomi is introduced, anyway. She's also not really sure she can beat Tawara in a straight fight - at least that is my impression. Nagi and his mom are really strong, and so are the 12 winners.

Signature Image
www.shihbang.com

"I've finally realized my problem - I'm looking for the girl of my dreams while I'm still awake..."

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.