Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 love without looks? - Minitokyo

love without looks?

Love without looks?

Yes
15 votes
no
8 votes
Kind of....
19 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 44 total items

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

ever fallen in love with someone and "known" that they weren't very attractive? Like it was love... and you loved them romantically... but still understood that they weren't very good looking in your opinion? Is that possible?

Just wondering... :)

any stories / responses would make this thread mean more too ! so post your ideas or responses!

-Boojitsu21 :pacman:

Nubes

Nubes

Blah blah blah!!!

i fell in love with the one that in my nightmares wouldnt appear... But that says that love have no boundiries, no matter color, size, hair, eyes, whatever...

But now I'm with the one, n he is attractive:D (just kidding), but physical appearances doesnt fullfill a heart, is his or her heart that fullfills yours.

take care

I haven't fallen in love with someone without looks but I've seen my friends being in love with someone who's not attractive. Love, in my opinion, had no understanding of looks. It strikes you suddenly even though you never want it.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Yes it is possible. In fact when you really like someone it doesn't really matter what they look like. They become perfect in your eyes and you forget about who you are and any differences there may be.

And just for the record I removed your link in your first post. You are not to plug in links to advertise selling of merchandise at all in the forums, thanks.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

himura088

himura088

~Smile

I agree with kuroimisa, when you really love someone, he or she is perfect in your eyes - that's why they always say the love is blind!

CrazyGiirl

CrazyGiirl

*CONFUSED

not really...

i fell in love wit this guy on the net and really liked him alot.

but when i saw his face on msn...

i was totally... dumb-founded,u may say?

and when i heard he's voice it was so... ughhh....

so i kinda broke up,yeah...

=x

so,i'll say tat love wit looks! xD

i cant help but go for appearance...

Nope, i haven't. :) But I don't care about the looks at all. :\

Because, "love without looks" comes from the fact that you love someone for what he/she is. And to know what he/she is, you must have shared some things with him/her. And that is what lasts mostly.
For example, in some animes, the main character really ...emm....sucks sometimes. :D But people like him/her afterwards.
It's like a song. At first you might not like the melody. But then after hearing the words you become addicted to it.

Well, that's how i see this issue...

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

sorry about the link, thanks for removing it !

also, i'm not necessarily saying you don't LOVE them because they don't LOOK good to you.... just that you KNOW they aren't that attractive, and yet you love them despite that knowledge. I'm not saying love needs looks or that looks is love... just that love might exist without the looks or that love may make us think that person is "beautiful" .

"True love cannot be measured in inches, pounds, or, pardon my use of words, in cups."
-Vegnas

Siri

Siri

Suou

Hmm.. I think when you love someone they becomes good looking in your eyes, because you love them, then u want to see them no matter what they look like.

When everyone leaves you... I'll look for you then
Signature Image

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

yeah, i was gonna say that a lot of people BEGIN to see their love as "beautiful" because they love them as a person, so their physical appearance becomes associated with love.

just an idea

Yes, they become very beautiful in your eyes if you love them. I guess that it is a bit better if they look good because its easier to get to know them at first when they look better so you gravitate to them, but if you get to know them and really like them, as previously stated, you will think them very beautiful.
~death

(""\O.O/"")-"meow"

I agree whith that.
I thnik you can fall in love with someone ugly (well, not very attractive), but if you fall in love, you will finally think she (or he) is beautiful, in his ways. Love makes peoples more beautiful.Beauty has nothing to do with love, but love is related to beauty.

ShasoArc

ShasoArc

Shattered Slayer

Ultimately, looks will fade when you get married, your wife will be your best friend and you wont really care about looks too much anymore, her companionship will be what you crave, but hey, thats just my opinion . . .

Signature

I believe that on some level you have to be attracted to the person. A lot of times people will find a person attractive even though everyone else thinks that they aren't. It all has to do with your preferences are when it comes to what you would like your partner to look like. For instance I am not attracted to guys with long hair and I am not a fan of really skinny guys either.
I have tried to make myself be in love with people that I really do not find attractive and it just doesn't work. It could have been though that I wasn't attracted to them physically or emotionally. :\
Well, I wish everyone luck in finding their perfect someone!

Melodyfpf

Melodyfpf

Murderous princess..

well i dun mind the looks but wat reli concerns me is his persnality whihc i think is veri imp then come abt the looks

Signature
I'm back! :D

shinmeiryu

shinmeiryuuuu~

Weel a girl i know isnt ugly to me but she thinks as herself as ugly but i still like her

Meow~

Darkshadow21

Darkshadow21

Rare Visitor

I could fall in love with someone just because of their personality, even if I think they're really ugly. I just find them so engaging that I become attracted, and eventually develop feelings for them.

But I can also fall in love with someone just because of looks. It goes both ways.

@ shinmeiryu: All girls except the really really thin teenagers are self-concious about their looks. That's normal.

Feh. This color is my personality. It makes me different from everyone else. Love and revel it.

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

If people go for the looks and not for who the person is, then most of them will not last long....

If people go for the way the person is, then most of them will last long and will mean something.....

Don't judge the person by the way they look, or you will only find disappointment later on....just give them a chance and you'll be glad you did.

Signature Image

Looks is a defiant part of a relationship.
You know deep down that you want some one pleasant to look at.
You can gave the most passionate and loving girl/boy but has no appeal when it comes to looks....if that's the case you know you wouldn't go out with them but maybe be friends.
I've been there.

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

There's a higher risk to suffer from a relationship with a handsome guy, than from one with an average/below average one. Handsome people want even more handsome lovers (not all of them). Personally, I care more about the personality. It's way more fun to have someone that can make you laugh, than a handsome b*tch with no sense of anything. I don't care much about the looks, unless they're stupidly ugly. I mean, when people eat like pigs and they get obese (dude, stop it, you know it's wrong but you still eat, it's stupid), or when some wear dirty clothes, or don't bath. That's when I get annoyed and don't care about the person.

Signature

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

well i think, it depends..
love's blind, u know it =)
i have a friend who love her new friend- people kno he's ugly >.< oow
but after they become a couple, i dont think that my friend loves him anymore.. she's bored with him, or bcoz people around her dont like him, i dun know..
looks r important too >.<

Signature

look is not important for me. what attract me is the way he behaves, the way he talk to me.
none of my boyfriend is handsome (though i think i'm kind of pretty lol)

Quote by DeathbonewitchYes, they become very beautiful in your eyes if you love them. I guess that it is a bit better if they look good because its easier to get to know them at first when they look better so you gravitate to them, but if you get to know them and really like them, as previously stated, you will think them very beautiful.
~death

I agree...worked just like that with one of my previous relationships :D

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 44 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.