Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Prom - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 21 total items

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

yup, prom is only a couple months away....aaaaand I dont have a date. I guess I could ask one of my guy friends to be my date, but we arent very close friends. Im just very picky, and I dont want to go to prom with any random guy just to have a date. so my question is this - is it better to go with a date, even if you arent really good friends with him, or to go without a date? See, my school is probably 99.999% preppy (including me, I guess) so almost everyone goes with a date. And at our dinner table (we have dinner before the dancing), most of the people have dates except for one other girl. and I dont know, maybe Im just very paranoid, but Im afraid people are going to think im a lesbian or something, because I dont have a date >.< I have nothing against lesbians, I just dont want to be thought of as one because Im completely boy crazy. What should I do? I know theres going to be at least one person whos going to say something like "well, you shouldnt care what others think about you", but I know Im going to care..so that doesnt really help. Another thing - its kind of embarrassing to be on a dance floor where everyone is dancing with a date, and youre not. Especially during the slow songs? everyone would be dancing in a pair and you would have to stand off at the side and watch. Any good suggestions? I really dont know what to do. On one hand, I dont want to dance with a guy I dont even like (and I mean its prom and a lot of guys get the wrong idea), but on the other hand I dont want to be embarrassed. >.< Please help me!

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

I'm not sure about your environment, but I went to the prom without a date, and it was no big deal for me. I just went with my (girl) friends. Of course I guess my situation was different from yours, since out of my group of close friends (and at our dinner table), only two girls had dates, and one girl's date wasn't her boyfriend or anything, he was just a friend.

I don't think it particularly matters whether you have a date or not, I mean, yes the prom is kind of a big deal and all, but the bottom line is that you're there to have fun isn't it? So if going with a guy that you hardly know and dancing with him is gonna make you uncomfortable and awkward, I'd just not go with him at all, and have a good time with my friends.

And just because you don't have a date doesn't mean you're not into guys. People can't assume that (and if they do, it's better to ignore them anyway). It just means that you haven't found the right guy yet ;)

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

Or you could just not go and save a bunch of money...>_>

<- losar

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

lol I already bought a $300 dress. hahah. The part Im looking foward to the most is the dress

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

Kyuoto

Kyuoto

Engineered buddy

Hey, i'm sure you have some friends that are guys. After all, just ask them, don't get too serious but don't really call it a date. What you would do is ask someone to go with you. Hey, you don't need a date but you need to have fun. That is what i suggest.
Just ask someone to go for you, for fun. Not "date".
Unfortunately, due to some personal reasons, i won't be able to go to any prom in my life time.
Not only that <- Also loser

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

When I went to prom, I wasn't dating anyone, I went with my best guy friend. The fact that I was hopelessly in love with him is beside the point, since he was gay. If you go with a friend, you don't get slow dances, but if you go with someone you aren't sure about, do you WANT to have slow dances with him?

Also, I really want to see your dress. :)

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

If you feel that a) yiou have to go to the prom and b) you have to have a date, then you really have no choice but to pick one of your guy friends. But I don't think you need to have a date to go, and I don't think you should be too paranoid about what people may or may not say about you just because you don't have a date. I think itss taking the whole thing too seriously... and a prom is supposed to be fun!

you really dont have to go with a guy i use to think that i have to have a date but both of my proms i just went with friends which was fun and they didnt have dates either but if they have dates well it might not be much fun because than you would feel like a third wheel so than i would suggest having your guyfriend be your date

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

Heehee...god, thank you. I'm at least three years away from prom! But here's advice from a person whose never been on a date before. If you do care about what people think about your possiblility of being a lesbian, than you might want to ask one of your guy friends. Make it clear, that you are asking only for a date. ;) That might hurt the guy a bit but...I think that would be a good solution. Good luck!

pamkips

pamkips

?????

I'm too poor to go to prom XD

LOL, I know what you mean, I seriously am
at a horrible date drive, it's dead, all I'm planing to do is on just not going, until next year, when I'm a senior~~~~, ((really it's b/c all these really random wierd guys keep asking me annnnndd I really don't want to go with 'em....and a bunch of girls asked me to go with 'em annnd, well no, I don't want to go with 'em O___o)), and seriously I just want to avoid prom drama

there areeeee waaayyyyy too many drama queens here in vegas

so yo Starr just grab some random guy, take him, and yo-nesss
it really doesn't have to mean anything, it's not commitment

yesh I know

idek.
Signature ImageEDD!

TreeFarieAaliyah

TreeFarieAaliyah

Midnight Princess

ummm...I say...don't go with a date. I mean...ok...maybe not...but in my school...I'm just going with my friends and we're not even dancing...at least...they're not...and probably me too...but if yoou don't like anyone then you don't. There's nothign wrong with that. It means that when you do like someone, he'll be better! (I think that the youner you get a date, the shorter it'll be).

heh heh...but that's just me...do...whatever you feel's right...?

"Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say."

URanimEnigma

URanimEnigma

No substitute for experience.

I'll go with ya. HAHAHAHAHA. (*chokes*) cough!

A writer, like an artist, can create.
An Artist, like a writer, can compose

Honchay

Honchay

Freak minded brain...

Well i have to tell u something very very important, you shouldnt care what others think about you! XD *jokes* ^^U

(*Thinking*) ... Does that mean that I have chance to go with u? *If i can* T_T we arent too close, u say that.. **knocking my head in my monitor repeatdly** heck! Why We.. we are toooooooo faaaaaaaar!? >.<**

*ejem* ok.. no more jokes, or anything, the ppl has different point of view about that and i respect all of their personal opinions but we have a trouble here, starrr **whispering in a serious accent** -> We have to talk right now.

A prom, for me and for everyone there i guess, its something very special, very important so... Not to go to the prom is not a option. And it is not necessary that you go with a date in fact.. The point is... you have to enjoy it (The prom).

I agree that MapleRose says, if u go with a random guy, u dont feel comfortable isnt it? About the dance and the slow songs? U can take a friend and dance just to have fun, not necessarily a date to date. lol.

Dont be too serious blu princess! Its a prom i know but have fun, i have seen many girls without a date, just girls and i dont think that about lesbian or something, i just take a advantage and say: Wanna dance with me? lol... and take ur time for a date after the prom **Whispering to starr: Wait for me ok? ill come there next year** hehe

Ummm.. after all, Haine, No debes preocuparte por eso, No seas neciaaaa, solo apovecha al maximo la "Prom" sintiendote comoda, bien y sin excesos de licores OK!?

Chau, estamos hablando, talk ya later. Cuidate mucho, un beso y un abrazo de este chico lejano T_T** Take care, kisses and hugs from this too far guy T_T

P.D: My english are cool isnt it? XD Need to decipher lol.

"En este mundo existen cosas preciosas, porque no todos podemos poseerlas...
Todo lo extrano y escaso nos parece maravilloso y unico...
Pero en cierto modo, muchos no saben apreciar o mantener al tanto, tales bellezas..."

ladestiny92

ladestiny92

We can protect each other

I don't know if i should write here or not...since I've never been to proms and I've never attend school parties and I've never gone on dates or even talk to a guy and I went to an all-girls school so that's why I'm still shy around guys...but the all-boys school is just across my school..lol

Oooopzzz, sorry, out of topic!

Anyway, from the stories what I heard from my from my friends...the main thing is u should be comfortable...
I think you should go without a date. Maybe u'll find a guy who has no date at the prom...so u could ask him fr a dance cuz i't's a pity if wearing a nice dress but didnt dance...(but of course, u couldn;t have the slow dance)
But if u feel that it's embarassing going to the prom alone, u could ask ur guy friends that ur comfortable going and talking with..(so that u won't get bored) lol

Hmm, Starr, maybe what I said don't really help or maybe its completely iseless but...well, that's my opinion...^^

Ja ne...I'll c ya later...
Drop by my userpage once in awhile...^.^

Ja ne...^^,

Please join various~ANME~fanfics group...^^,

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

MapleRose has some good points.

I say ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS HAVE A GREAT TIME. You will always have the memory for the rest of your life.

...and I don't think anyone is going to think you are a lesbian if you choose to go by yourself.

I'm with sailorchiron lets see this $300 dress!.!

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

i had never been to a prom.. cause there ain't any.. i had only been to a graduation nite... where you have a dinner with your graduating schoolmates, have fun before saying farewell to each other... and there's no dance and no custom of having dates or watever...
my opinion is the same as UberDog... whats more important is to have fun and have a great time..
and besides, i don't think those people are actually dumb enough to think that those without dates are homo right? i mean.. they should very well know that there are bound to be people who are unable to get a date right?

i have never went on a date before, i never had a girlfriend before, and none of the people around me thinks i'm homo..

ATAndTruong

ATAndTruong

More To It Then Meets The Eye...

whoa whoa whoa. prom isn't only about getting a date. it's also about HAVING A GOOD TIME. i went to prom last year (i had a date), and a couple of my friends went without one. but it was no big deal. the girls that did have dates went out of their way to dance with the guys that didn't have any. also, the people with dates invited those without any to dinner with them (i invited a girl with no date to dinner with my date and i and we had LOTS of fun).

and yes, just in case you're wondering, they danced during the slow songs. and, of course, during the fun songs, everyone was on the dance floor. you don't have to stand to the side and watch. your guy friends with dates will most likely be nice enough to pull you over to the dance loor to dance. if you don't get a date, my advice to you is GO ANYWAY. your friends will know your situation and let you in on some of the slow songs with their dates. and no, none of the guys got the wrong idea. we all had a great time.

all i have left to tell you is: prom only happens once in a lifetime. you don't want to be at home missing out on this milestone event. if you do go to prom, i promise that the only thing you'd be missing out in is the complimentary picture you take with your date.

Signature
Ideas...without actions, are worthless.
Thanks to the wonderful k1ru for making my masterpeice of a webpage!

aqiaqua

aqiaqua

last men standing!

I think we all want to see Starr's dress. Lol.

I can't say anything from experience, but I think you should go and enjoy the night with your friends. I didn't dance with any guys at my dance and I was just dancing around my friends. They all got...danced with too.

And if going with your guy friend is gonna make you uncomfortable, don't bother. You'll just feel totally awkward the whole time and will be waiting for it to be over = not good.

Just enjoy yourself, and I wanna see your dress!

Signature Image
min min for the win :D

Kyuoto

Kyuoto

Engineered buddy

Remember to take a picture of your dress. gg
After all, prom is not maditory.

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

All right you have teased us enough...
Now lets see the Dress! LOL XD X-O :o :D XD XD

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

jaja. i wanted to see the princess in her dress too ^^
well, maybe for a woman is diferent, but i went alone to my prom too... anyway, i think you can go with one of your friends and have a good time. and what if everybody else is in a date? be yourself ;)

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.