Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Serious Shana in Itadaki no HEKATETAN - Minitokyo

Serious Shana in Itadaki no HEKATETAN

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

MarlinWahoo

MarlinWahoo

Lord of the Roc

I like the way the vector for this WP turned out, but I'm having trouble coming up with something good for the background. My only thought so far is to emulate the background from the original anime screencap I took. BG suggestions and comments please?!

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7633/blackshanawallpaperbl3.th.jpg

ShasoArc

ShasoArc

Shattered Slayer

you could either match or contrast her hair, going for an aesthetic feel

Signature

Love the vector shana. If only the bg could do some adjustment.
I have lots of ideas to make this wall look great.

1. make a grunge bg with brown in colour.
2. use abstract brushes to make the bg.
3 and this is just really simple: make a vector bg using vector brushes and some tools in photoshop or illustrator.

But please edit the Shana vector to the original ones, cus it doesn't look good when you opacitied it. Example her hair can see through the bg.

Lastly, the text is really not that good. It's simple and not contrasting the wall. Try using a type of font that could draw attention to the viewers. Or leave it as no text. So that it looks simple and tidy.

Latest Wall[s]: Gravity ReDefined

MarlinWahoo

MarlinWahoo

Lord of the Roc

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9677/shananohosakiwpkv7.th.jpg

Here's a revision taking everything into consideration thus far. I'm not good with Kanji, but I was thinking of adding the text of the title as hiragana and katakana in a column on either the left or right side. Maybe another revision tomorrow. Any more comments about the BG and the colors on this revision?

merged: 05-14-2007 ~ 07:00am
http://www.aerieoftheroc.com/ShanaNoHosakiWP2.jpg

Another revision. As I mentioned last post, I wanted to add hiragana and katakana text as the title of the WP. I've also added a layer of licking flames to the bottom of the wall. Somehow I think it's starting to get too busy. Suggestions?

As I have said it before, the bg doesn't look good with the scan. If you're using filter to render it, it's no use.

I've tried it before and yes, it does takes less than an hour to finish the bg. But I'll tell you this, people wouldn't go favouring your wall if your bg is too simple or plain. No better than the experts here in MT.

What I'm trying to say is stop using filter, if you're using it. Make the bg in white. Then add something simple like vector brushes. Or make the bg in dark, example dark blue or red, then use gradient.

As for the text, it's good...but I'd rather don't add the text if it's me.

MarlinWahoo

MarlinWahoo

Lord of the Roc

http://www.aerieoftheroc.com/ShanaNoBlackAndSimple.jpg

Here's yet another revision. This time I decided to go simple and stay a little more true to the original plan I had for this wall. Suggestions? I'd really like a little more direction with the suggestions other than "it won't be favorited."

Huhuuuu...I so wanna cry...
What you actually did to the bg makes no difference. It's still the same. And yes, you did use filter. Please, do not ever use filter, unless it is necessary to use it.

Like I've said it before, make the bg go white and use some brushes to fill in the bg.
And I'd rather like Shana's hair to the original one.

Whatever you did the bg using filter, I've told you before, it is no use. Try using brushes to make the bg, if this is your first time. No people would use filter to make bg unless they're really a beginner. After a long period of time, they will come to realize that making bg needs time to do it.

I am not sure what people say about making wallpapers is cool. It is cool. But for me, making wallpapers is like an art. And art needs passion. If there's no passion, then your work will not be favoured and will not satisfy the viewers. For instance, the mods here in MT. They won't go favouring unless it's a beautiful piece of artwork.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

I like your vectoring, and it's neat how the background shows through the shadows. The purple for shadows on the skin is nice too ^^

Instead of using filters or stocks, how about using textures? You can find some neat ones at DA!, aethereality, hybrid genesis, or many other sites.

But you know what, I wouldn't mind with just the black, with a slight overlaying texture (like paper or canvas or something soft), because there's nothing wrong with simpleness ^^ (more complex doesn't always mean better)

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

In-your-face wallpaper like this isn't really desktop-friendly that much for most people. I would say what MapleRose has said. Go for simple black background, make some adjustment on Shana's colouring with contrast colours. Textures are always cooperate with vector and background, so apply a blending mode(or more), change the colour whatsoever.

Instead of thinking for an awesome background, I suggest add some firey/burning effect on her eyes. Just an idea anyway.

MarlinWahoo

MarlinWahoo

Lord of the Roc

I've finally come up with something that I actually like. I feel as if I'm approaching the final version. Here's two different versions:

http://www.aerieoftheroc.com/ShanaNoHosakiWP5.jpg
The first version is a standard version with no opacity changes to Shana.

http://www.aerieoftheroc.com/ShanaNoOpacityDown.jpg
The second version is a response to the comment that this isn't a very friendly wall because the face is so large. I've tried to tone things down.

Also, I'd like comments on the text. I tried apply some effects to it to tie it in with the rest of the WP so it wouldn't be so conspicuous like the earlier revisions. Thanks for your help everyone!

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Shana no Hosaki - Shana, the Tips of the Flames by MarlinWahoo

Very beautiful! the image gives a special feeling to it.. not just another image! :D

A detailed commenter who appreciates creativity & art

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Closed 'cause it's been posted in the gallery ;)

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.