Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are you an Agressive Driver? - Minitokyo

Are you an Agressive Driver?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

sylvacoer

sylvacoer

The Narrator

I freely admit it: I speed up through yellow lights (and sometimes red ones...), I get pissed off by other people drivng like idiots (and so many of them do!). I don't tailgate, though...at least, I don't think I do... I think the worst thing I've done is do a u-turn and cross three lanes of on-coming traffic to get to and exit. (*~.^*) Anyone else want to confess? Or, gotta a horror story that needs telling?

Signature

what's speed limit in britain or USA ?? (i'm french)

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

I sure am. In fact it's practically an obligation with my car. People drive in such a manner around me that if I don't live up to their expectations of driving agressiveness I come close to getting hit.

By the way, I drive a 1998 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, white, with a spotlight, black grille, Go Rhino pushbumper, and the black fascia between the taillights (most common on police models). Even the model badge reads "Police Interceptor" instead of "Crown Victoria". The center-caps instead of full wheel covers are pretty big give-away too. There are of course other minute differences a trained eye would catch, but to the average driver, it's the center caps, spotlight, and the pushbumper that are the big give-aways.

It'll be even more fun when I put emergency lights on the sucker. Yay for being a volunteer firefighter!

I am invincible!

Quote by JarJarwhat's speed limit in britain or USA ?? (i'm french)

In the US it really depends on where you are. Around schools it's 25 mph, it can be 40 in the city, and anywhere from 55 to 65 to 75 mph (the last is pretty rare in settled areas, it's more for when you're on the road in the desert) on the freeways. But beyond the posted speed limits, speed also depends on how fast everyone else is going. What is the speed limit in France, JarJar?

As for being an agressive driver, you have to have some of that in you if you drive in LA or you'll be too afraid to drive anywhere. But I don't tailgate, pull death-defying left turns from driveways into traffic, or otherwise risk my life unnecessarily on the road. There really is no point to spiking your blood pressure over the stupid things others drivers do, but I can't help it sometimes. I'm not afraid to use my horn, but don't overuse it either - I use my horn only for good. :D

Horror story: I was driving south on one of the streets I often travel, with my grandma, and had a green light at a small intersection up ahead. Because I was far enough away, a car had time to turn left in the intersection in front of me, and another car turned right into my lane. Then as I was IN the intersection, out of NOWHERE, this car comes FLYING THROUGH THE RED LIGHT and KEEPS GOING. I saw him coming a split second early, and slammed on the breaks and my horn simultaneously.

The front of my car (my _Mom's_ car) just scraped the passenger side of his, and my license plate was torn off. Besides that, a couple scratches, and near heart attacks for the both of us, nothing more serious happened. I pulled over to right just after the intersection and got out, but the guy had taken off. My dad retrieved the flattened and dirty license plate in the intersection much later, at night when there were few cars on the road. The whole experience was scary as hell and has left me a more cautious driver. I shudder to think what would have happened if I had been going faster through the green light, or if I hadn't slammed on the brakes when I did.

On ne recolte que ce qu'on a seme.

i use to live in san diego and have to drive to la everyday for 1 month of the year. I had to be aggressive or i wouldn't be able to get anywhere. Still hold the record for the fast time from hollywood to San Diego 90 mins flat. Going like 120 at 2 am

I live in Australia and I get really pissed off when the speed limit is 100Km/hr and the person in front of me is going about 60Km/hr, and when I speed up to pass them they then speed up until I can't pass them and then they slow down again.

I wrote your name in the sand but the waves washed it away,
then I wrote it in the sky but the wind blew it away,
so I wrote it in my heart and that's where it will stay...

i can be, depends on the day

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

<~~ Rage-a-holic @_@ XD j/k

I'm a safe driver when other people are in the car or behind on my bike, but when I'm by myself I tend to go faster than recommended by highway safety XD

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

hmm does running old ladies over count as aggressive? @_@ XD

when osi is behind the wheel, joo better be flying or hiding in a bomb shelter XD XD

Signature

I'm a pretty safe driver..............until another driver pisses me off somehow. (like nearly hitting me.) It's then I go 'Super Saiyan'. :) Just joking.

I guess my horror story would be driving on the motorway (freeway in the US) one day when this red WRX in front of me indicates to come into my lane. Not only does it come into my lane, but it ran 2 cars off the road. Good thing they ran onto a flat grassy area right beside it (not to mention me braking at the right moment), otherwise those 2 drivers would be another statistic.
Still driving along when I pull up beside the red WRX, and it tries to race with me. I end up 'winning' by............running IT off the road. My friend was pretty pissed off that I nearly destroyed her red baby. (in case you're wondering, my idiot friend was the driver of the WRX. :angry: )

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by Cloudnine&lt;~~ Rage-a-holic @_@ XD

You too? I just can't live without Rageohol.

I am invincible!

niXan

l337

I'm teh calmness in the car. It's unnecessary to jepordize your own (and other's) lives.

w0rd

I just got an accident few week ago , I sometime drive too fast and drive when I'm drunk though

yup.. i drive very fast

Time.... can do anything.. from mending wounds to destroying things.... surely time is powerful... but time can't change one thing... that is destiny..........

SearSay

ElectroMagnetic Dragon

depends on where i am in the city I have to be agressive but in the country i am much more laid back.

-Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
-Smith & Wesson....The original point and click interface.

sylvacoer

sylvacoer

The Narrator

Quote by SearSaydepends on where i am in the city I have to be agressive but in the country i am much more laid back.

Yeah, urban driving seems to be the worst (o~o) I see several people from the West Coast have good stories, and imagine driving in LA is hell, but what about you East Coasters? I used to live in Washington, D.C. - they have what's called the "Springfield Mixing Bowl," and I swear it seemed everyone else's IQs were halved the moment they entered the construction zone.

Signature

pashalik

pashalik

Evolutioned morcilla

I have road rage. when i get in my car i switch brains...

Pashalik...

I'm a middle of the road driver, I'm usually going normal speed, I don't have road rage...for the most part anyways.

Want to see Ar Tonelico 2? Post here!
http://com4.runboard.com/bnisamerica.f2.t1206

ghost945

ghost945

Otaku

i am "usually" a calm driver when i have passengers onboard... but on my own, yes i am aggressive, reckless, and perhaps dangerous. Traffic lights are for reference only. Indicators are optional. Mirrors are for spotting police and see if there were anyone tailgating me. :hmpf:

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

I'm careful and therefore not favored by others, who want to drive over the limit.

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

Heh, no, I know that aggresive driving is dangerous. I don't want to get into an accident. You know, I find it funny when I see somebody speeding and changing lanes without a turn signal only to stop at the same next stoplight in which they gained no ground and saved no time. I only drive agressively when playing a racing game.

Sorceres00

Sorceres00

Sekiria

Well i like drive very fast meanwhile my hand is "huggingg" a girl XD XD XD (joke) one of this days i will be dead if i keep running like hell XD XD

Signature
Fate and Fake........Love and Pain

h2dz

h2dz

h2UNDERGROUNdz

can't drive yet t.t.. *runs away weeping*.. t_______________t

giving it all away...

I am a safe driver, but I can get really pissed off with people are speeding (i.e., racing) or tailgating. I live in England's worst city of drivers, Birmingham. Where every taxi driver shares the same liscense. I drive a PT Cruiser and treat it very well.

Where I live there is a very long ring road, that apparently surroundeds the whole city. On a Saturday night, we get hundreds of Boy Racers (aka, Barry Boys, Chav Racers, Scum, filth...etc..) who drive their nasty Novas with plastic looking body kits and nasty lights. They race up and down the roads and skid around round abouts whilst it is raining. Last week two died in a car crash, can't say I feel sorry for them. I really wish the police would do what they were paid to do, take their cars away, crush them and give the stupid kids a damn good talking to!! (Now I am showing my age).

Sorry for the rant.. ;-)

::enough data to fry your brain and make your eyes bleed::

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.