Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Photoshop CS: Zooming with wheel mouse - Minitokyo

Photoshop CS: Zooming with wheel mouse

page 1 of 1 7 total items

MyrrhLynn

MyrrhLynn

Bishounen Fangirl

Okay this is a stupid question but I can't for the life of me figure it out. :angry:

So if you have a wheel mouse (a mouse with the little scroll wheel between the right and left click buttons) in Photoshop 7 you can use that to zoom the canvas in and out. Over the weekend I upgraded to Photoshop CS3 and the zooming isn't working. I've tried to find an option that turns it on or off but I can't find anything.

So does anyone know how to turn on the mouse wheel zooming? I didn't realize how much I used it until it didn't work anymore. T_T

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

I think you have to hold down the ALT then use the scrolling thing. Annoying isn't it >___< I wish they'd just let the scrolly thing work normally, like in Open Canvas and PSP... makes things so much easier and faster...

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Most "zoomable" applications I've encountered allow zooming with the scroll wheel with the Ctrl+scroll, Alt+scroll, or Shift+scroll commands, or a combination of Ctrl+Alt+Shift, etc.

How is the functionality of CS3 by the way? If my computer had more memory I'd buy the CS3 suite through my university. I can get the Design Premium package, regularly priced at USD $1799 for only $551.9. ;)

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

MyrrhLynn

MyrrhLynn

Bishounen Fangirl

Oh Rose is right, you have to hold the ALT key down. Although the wierd thing is you hold ALT use the scroll wheel and then you have to click somewhere on the screen otherwise all your menus are grayed out (wierd).

As for CS3 so far it's been okay, but I haven't had a chance to explore all the fun new features yet. The interface is definately nicer and it's easier to manage all your Windows then in Photoshop 7 which is what I had before. I bought that Design Package to get it, yay for special prices for students! :)

My biggest complaint so far is that in Illustrator if you don't set your Art box to the size you will need when you made your document you end up screwing yourself later. You have to do these fun crop settings and then export it from Illustrator as a Photoshop file and then you can open it in Photoshop. Otherwise if you try to open the Illustrator file directly in Photoshop it will only give you wahat was within your Art box. And I don't have my Art box properly set up on all my old Illustrator files. >.< So annoying!

But getting back to the question I like CS3 although I'm not sure how much of an upgrade it is versus an of the other CS versions since I've never used them. And my computer has been crying at me about the memory, but I enjoy making my computer suffer. XD

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Yea I love student discounts. I wish I can have take advantage of it forever. lol

Well, since your last version of Photoshop was 7, it must be a rather large jump to CS3. I have CS2, and I've been very happy with it. Though I have read reviews about CS3's new functions with filters, and I would like to try my hands on it to see how that works out.

But I guess all these plans are on hold until I upgrade my laptop. =( My current one doesn't have the muscle to handle CS3.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

nanya

nanya

EyzaatheEhnydeel

hello, man just go to Edit>>preferences (last item in the drop down menu)>>general preferences check "zoom with scroll wheel", click ok, and then be happy =).

Have CS3 extended version, works really awesome, good things are the new auto pallete location settings which allow you to have more work space, plus its faster than CS2 or CS, though i don't know much about PS7. There are lots of other things, though it would take too much time to mention them here, goto: www.adobe.com and chk out its features if you like.

hmm somethings wrong with this browser. Anyway, im sorry I didn't notice before, miss*.

Oh yeah, I've pointed this out before i think, the copyright logo at the bottom is outdated, it should say 2007 instead of 2006.

Signature
~Reika Kaseka, Aeulmei~

MyrrhLynn

MyrrhLynn

Bishounen Fangirl

Thanks nanya, that's what I was looking for! Odd, I checked in the preferences section earlier but I didn't see that setting. x_x

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.