Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Eagle Eye discrepency *SPOILERS* - Minitokyo

Eagle Eye discrepency *SPOILERS*

page 1 of 1 5 total items

So I just finished watching Eagle Eye less than five minutes ago, and I'm being overly anal on this point, but...
alright, so movies about computers running amok and developing a personality in addition to already insane AI and all that jazz is already providing impossible situations...

But you know at the end where Aria plans to assassinate the President by using that crystal activated by sound waves embedded in that kid's trumpet, and how when it hits the high F it's gonna blow up the area and stuff, and Jerry stops the orchestra playing right before they hit the FREEEEE! (and the home of the *blow up*)

but that high F isn't the first time you hear it in the Star Spangled Banner; it's also the note for "glare" (as in rocket's red glare)
Furthermore, if you take harmonics into account, wouldn't all the F's resonate somehow to trigger the hex crystal thing?

Maybe it's like breaking glasses, singing at the harmonic of the glass won't break it until it's at the right intensity, but it still doesn't change the fact that the high F in the piece occurs much earlier than where most people think it is.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Maybe the orchestra played the first high F off by a bit? XD

but I think it's just to give them more time to get to the scene and make it all dramatic and stuff.

Kazenonatsu

Kazenonatsu

Day Dreamer

I saw it in theatres a while ago, but to my recollection they modified the trumpets f key, so it wouldn't be impossible if they put some kind of trigger on the detonator (like the third time its pressed or something it activates the signal or whatever)

AI like that aren't impossible either, I mean the military has done crazier stuff in time periods where it was considered to be impossible (especially if you look at advancements in tech in the last 30-40 years)

A moment bound in eternity.

Alden

Alden

Lose the Pride.

I saw "Get Smart" before "Eagle Eye" and I was like ".... so another orchestra-trigger-bomb-at-certain-time-thing again?"

I didn't notice the discrepency btw.

Click ----> Japanese Lover! ^_^

When it comes to fiction, there is something called "suspension of disbelief." Basically, whether or not something is physically possible doesn't matter, you just accept it for the purpose of the story.
Although that was a very nice catch. XD Perhaps it took a prolonged exposure to the right frequency to activate the crystal? I believe the note on "free" is held longer than the note on "glare."

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
http://my.gpxpl.us/BloodWolfX

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.