Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Contest: Wake Up, People! - Minitokyo

Contest: Wake Up, People!

Group announcement by Celestial-Luminesse

page 1 of 1 14 total items

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

Group, I think we need a shot of caffeine. Or twelve.

That’s right, we’re doing a contest! CL is collaborating with Depths of Sound for “Wake Up, People!” a contest for vectors and wallpapers based on our favorite “wake-up” drinks. Y’know, coffee, tea, energy drinks like Red Bull and NOS, and don’t forget about the energy boosts available at Jamba Juice!

So what does this entail?

-Submissions must be vectors or wallpapers
-No more than 3 submissions per person
-Collaborations are okay

Requirements:

-Stick with the color scheme of your drink of choice
-Must have a music tie-in
-Follow the MT guidelines (duh)

So, for example, I might take a scan from Naruto (okay, that would never happen, how about Sailor Moon), vector it all in shades of brown and cream (mmmm…cappuccino) and call it “Coffee’s for Closers” (a new Fall Out Boy song).

Or, maybe take a scan from Naruto (wait, that would never happen, how about Kunie Kanbarra), wall it with lots of bright colors because I love Jamba Juice. The bg was inspired by “I Was A Kaleidoscope” by Death Cab For Cutie, so I’ve got my drink, I’ve got my song, and now I just need a catchy title...how about “Kaleidoscope”? You get the idea.

Also, music and/or beverage related artwork is good. Like a guy or girl listening to music or drinking one of the drinks.

When you submit your stuff in the guestbook, make sure you note that it’s for the contest, and we’ll post the submissions on the group page. If you’re not a member of Depths of Sound, join! It’s an awesome group. But it’s not a requirement of the contest.

For prizes we’re going to make banners for your userpage, but we promise they won’t be lame.

Deadline is March 31st which should be a good amount of time, and include spring break for a lot of us.

Questions? Just ask!

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

WindAlchemist

WindAlchemist

Waiting for you to find me...

At first when you started to say, "..for

Signature Image

Sinever

Sinever

VK Freak

this contest seems interesting :D
I will try participating when a nice idea pops into my dead brain ^^'

WATCH OUT! VK FREAK IS HERE! xD MUHAHAHAHAHA!

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

can we take the theme literally? XD ie have the drink in the wallpaper? (and use the colours as well)

and does it have to be an anime wallpaper, or can it be original general wall?

hime-roronoa

hime-roronoa

**Yume no Hime**

oh good idea i hope i would have time to participate ^.^

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

that sound like a lot of fun! I have an idea already, so I'll start as soon as I finish the wallpaper that I'm currently working on! ^_^

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

dementia

dementia

Glare

can we use liquor references like wine or something, and does the contest have a due date yet(so I can take my time)?

Kairi-Hearts

Kairi-Hearts

~sitting in the silence~

I can only see myself entering this one with an original, if they're acceptable.
I'll try and participate, but I'm not sure if I'll have the time -.-

dslassey

dslassey

The Crazy Gringo

@Dementia: Liquor doesn't exactly wake one up - quite the opposite, really. As for the deadline, it's in the announcement: March 31st.

@Maple and Kairi: Original walls are acceptable, yes. And Maple, feel free to take the theme as literal as you want. XD

And if y'all are wondering why I'm answering these, is because the announcement at DoS isn't working, so I'm gonna highjack this here announcement. >:3

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

XD Yay! Hijacking! Wait- wha-?

Actually, I have two ideas, if it's okay for us to do original artwork?

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

dementia

dementia

Glare

oh I though it was just suppose to be any kind of drinks. Not just energy drinks
probably should have read it instead of glaced through. Sorry

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

@ArtificialRaindrop: Originals are excellent. Go for it.
@Dev: I think it's because our threads have the same title.

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

weird12u

weird12u

..waitin in the bushes for her..

i am not good at stuff like that AT ALL, but there is no harm trying =] so why not?

Signature

no particulary interested in a trendmark, but i love coffy or inject caffeine into my veins...
well, when i dont have coffe at my side i drink coke zero, so ill try something XD

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.