Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Here's an Idea to fix the Economy - Minitokyo

Here's an Idea to fix the Economy

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Instead of sending all that money to the Banks, why not divide it up, and send 100,000 dollars to the Head of each Household, under the Condition that they'll use it to buy an Energy-Efficiant Car, and use the Remainder to pay-off their Credit Card Debts, or Morgage

Siegeldamon

Siegeldamon

I art Thou

If people could only be that simple minded then it's a pretty good idea but you know people today their desires first then necessities later and 100,000 dollars isn't pretty much cover some debts(people don't live in the same areas you know)

that would never work.... as Siegeldamon said, "...their desires..." people will most likely spend it on stupid things, cant be trusted with THAT much money.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

hell if people have the inability to balance their money problems , yes I know a few like this, then even 1k is a nightmare to these kinds of people...so I think having someone else spend the money...because the parent giving the kid an alliance was also a nightmare...

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Well, then...
What would we do to fix the world's problem's?

merged: 03-02-2009 ~ 01:37am
And how woud we go about it?

Siegeldamon

Siegeldamon

I art Thou

Quote by rooneyWell, then...
What would we do to fix the world's problem's?

merged: 03-02-2009 ~ 01:37am
And how woud we go about it?

Hmm?...Seeing you made this you might as well think of a new one we're just here to evaluate your idea and probably annoy you

Quote by Siegeldamon
Hmm?...Seeing you made this you might as well think of a new one we're just here to evaluate your idea and annoy you

Heh...
Either reduce the population, by reducing the birth rates
Or Talk about how Money is an Obsolete Concept, and a Manifestation of Human-Kind Fears of Survival
Neither has a high chance of happening, though
So, the easiest way is to let Human-Kind learn on it's own

shomai19

shomai19

seraphic_demon

How would you reduce the population then? war? mass murder? genocide? It'll cost more than what you intend to save in the end. I guess the best solution is still to do what you can to help conserve what limited resources we have left.

The Monetary concept also helps stabilize a country's power, although this means the richer you are the stronger you are and the poorer you are the weaker you get, if we abolish that just think of how easy it would be for terrorists to acquire weapons of mass destruction.

As to letting us learn...the chances are slim. We are all still using oil as the primary energy source instead of investing what we have on less destructive natural sources such as Bio-diesel or something more efficient. We learn...slowly...but some people, especially businessmen and politicians, tend to be so stubborn that they'd rather destroy us all than lose all their profits.

Weep as much as you want and feel the hands of despair groping for your soul for nothing can ease the pain of losing your beloved like the gentle thrust of my pen. *poke*

---
Signature
	ImageAvatar and sig by Melymay, thanks. ^^

MahuKitu

hi .___.

I had the same idea, giving people money to pay their debts... BUT!
If they do that, people would think: Aw, cool, if we all get too much debts, they will pay them, so why dont we keep doing that? So simple!
Well..I guess you got it, there aren't only honest people in the world you know, sadly :/

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

... won't work.

Unless you force or coerce people to buy things, that plan of yours is as good as dead.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

genocide is already being used on tibet maybe that was china's idea or something to test a theory...but at any rate...nothing can be fixed until people fix the darkness in their heart and start caring more and maybe branch out and lend a fellow hand, like volunteering at a local shelter, feed a homeless person, hand a blanket to a cold woman...the possiblities are endless and they all start at home, thus when others see the good deeds maybe they might shed some of that darkness and then we can have a mass pay it forward, this is the only way to fix the world, we start with ourselves and then we start in our community and then it catches on and wam problems being solved left and right...

BuBbLeS!

Signature

carlozzzzbr

carlozzzzbr

Otaku-freak soldier

If you start giving money to everyone, there will be a lack of its vallor, and with it, the inflaction goes up. Consequently, in no time, everyone will need 100 dollars to buy a single banana.

Thats how it works. (I know it because my country passed through this once.)

Quote by shomai19How would you reduce the population then? war? mass murder? genocide?

Yeah sure, kill half the world's people and earn the hatred of the surviving half.
I'm talking about having people taking control of the birth rates by, "less sex".

Quote by shomai19It'll cost more than what you intend to save in the end. I guess the best solution is still to do what you can to help conserve what limited resources we have left.

Who said anything about "me saving the world"? All it costs some time is a mere Idea, and people to exercise their willpower over there own self, and not someone else

Quote by shomai19The Monetary concept also helps stabilize a country's power, although this means the richer you are the stronger you are and the poorer you are the weaker you get,

And that's what pisses me off about money, that a slip of green cloth is almost 100% of the time equated with power

Quote by shomai19if we abolish that just think of how easy it would be for terrorists to acquire weapons of mass destruction.

Think about how easy it'll be to stop the Terrorist's as well

Quote by shomai19As to letting us learn...the chances are slim. We are all still using oil as the primary energy source instead of investing what we have on less destructive natural sources such as Bio-diesel or something more efficient. We learn...slowly...but some people, especially businessmen and politicians, tend to be so stubborn that they'd rather destroy us all than lose all their profits.

It may sound Cliche', but, Things get done through TIME and EFFORT

merged: 03-04-2009 ~ 12:28am

Quote by carlozzzzbrIf you start giving money to everyone, there will be a lack of its vallor, and with it, the inflaction goes up. Consequently, in no time, everyone will need 100 dollars to buy a single banana.

Thats how it works. (I know it because my country passed through this once.)

And their goes the original basis of this thread

shomai19

shomai19

seraphic_demon

Quote by rooneyYeah sure, kill half the world's people and earn the hatred of the surviving half.
I'm talking about having people taking control of the birth rates by, "less sex".

I just gave it as an extremist option, in terms of that "less sex" thing, that's something that people find difficult to control. We've been having problems with overpopulation for years now, but the Church keeps from foiling the bills/policies being imposed in our country. So I guess that depends on what the certain country's political and religious background is.

Quote by rooneyWho said anything about "me saving the world"? All it costs some time is a mere Idea, and people to exercise their willpower over there own self, and not someone else.

I didn't say save the world in context, I just said save the resources. I do agree on the willpower thing.

Quote by rooneyAnd that's what pisses me off about money, that a slip of green cloth is almost 100% of the time equated with power

Agreed on that one. Absolute power (with absolute access to money) corrupts absolutely...as the saying goes.

Quote by rooneyThink about how easy it'll be to stop the Terrorist's as well

Probably, but it wouldn't stop the communist parties since they'd probably collect the cash and buy something which would result in the overthrow of the current government.

Quote by rooneyIt may sound Cliche', but, Things get done through TIME and EFFORT

Agreed...but given the state in which our world now lies at the edge of destruction (via global warming) it seems that we don't have much time left.

I wish it were that easy 'cause if it were then there wouldn't be a problem in the first place.

Weep as much as you want and feel the hands of despair groping for your soul for nothing can ease the pain of losing your beloved like the gentle thrust of my pen. *poke*

---
Signature

Well then, why wait?

These are just a few suggestions. Some are related to the economy and some only marginally related.

Cut off all trade with china, mexico, india, taiwan etc. basically wherever labor is stupid cheap. That or put really high import taxes on them.
Invade/nuke all oil producing countries. Barring that threaten them to reduce prices.
End foreign aid.
Legalize and tax just about everything. Pot smokers I'm looking at you.
This includes gay marriage. Might as well make some money off them.
Eliminate the army. Increase navy and air force.
Fix interest/loan rates low.
Ban credit cards. Debit cards are fine though.
Ban the sale/purchase of purely gas powered vehicles.
Congressmen get up to two terms in office.
Congress people only get paid as much as their assistants.
Congress people must have a college education, and should have classes in calculus, chemistry, physics, economics, sociology. One of each sounds get. Amazing what could get done if these guys weren't idiots.
Politicians don't get diplomatic immunity any more.
No yard signs.
No smear adds on the television.
Anyone who in debate who fails to answer the question adequately AND honestly will be executed on the spot.
Any politician that has promised something and fails to deliver will be executed upon completion of his term.
Political parties should be banned.
Public vote counts. No more electoral college.
You must be literate to vote.
It is illegal not to vote on major elections. Local offices aren't really important.
Furthermore make it a tax credit for voting (basically makes people that didn't vote either turn themselves in or perjur themselves). What you don't tell people is you're just taxing them more and then giving it back.
Mandatory recycling of major materials, aluminum, iron, steel, paper, glass, etc.
Tax credits for putting up windmills, solar cells on your property (and connecting it to the power grid).
Make it where peeing on a fire hydrant in Tennessee isn't a sex crime.
Make prisoners do labor. Like smashing rocks a mine or picking up trash, etc. Sure it costs money to make sure they don't run away but the effect will be greater if they are worked to the bone. They can do medical testing if they would rather not work...
Death row inmates are chopped up and organs are used for transplants.

liminy0

liminy0

Storm Watcher of the Twilight

LoL, I like some of your ideas
Cut off all trade would mean an almost immediate halt in supply of consumable goods, which will be rather impractical. Although trading tariff could offer native industry to slowly regain competitive edge against foreign companies. (But the idea of no trade deficit sounds good :)
Definite end foreign aid, since the wealth does not really trickle down from Multi-national Corps. Although threatening people isn't very nice, let's just "bargain"
Credit cards can do a lot of good/damage to the working poor, so it is a double-edged sword.
"Amazing what could get done if these guys weren't idiots"...Yeah, really, what are they doing? Text-messaging during State of Union?
We would like honest and able politicians, but that is not happening anytime soon... *Sigh*
That fire hydrant case...really? Woah
The prisoners are not slaves, and "A modest proposal" should not apply to death rows either. If so, there is really no way to end unjust laws.

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

i'm no pro but rooney, i don't see your idea can work. i'd say unite the world, which means equal currency distribution, increased security, and such. which unfortunately, no country is willing to do that.

Quote by liminy0LoL, I like some of your ideas
Cut off all trade would mean an almost immediate halt in supply of consumable goods, which will be rather impractical. Although trading tariff could offer native industry to slowly regain competitive edge against foreign companies. (But the idea of no trade deficit sounds good :)

The Idea would be to quit paying China and start paying U.S. citizens that need jobs.

Quote by liminy0Definite end foreign aid, since the wealth does not really trickle down from Multi-national Corps. Although threatening people isn't very nice, let's just "bargain"

Right we'll "bargain" them good.

Quote by liminy0Credit cards can do a lot of good/damage to the working poor, so it is a double-edged sword.
"Amazing what could get done if these guys weren't idiots"...Yeah, really, what are they doing? Text-messaging during State of Union?
We would like honest and able politicians, but that is not happening anytime soon... *Sigh*
That fire hydrant case...really? Woah

I heard a comedian say it, but I wouldn't doubt it's true. They could just book you for indecent exposure.
Tadaaaa you have to go around everywhere you go and tell your neighbors that you're a registered sex offender. Regardless of whether it would work that way or not I'd have a clause explicitly stating that wizzing on a fire hydrant was not to be classified as a sex crime. On a persons head maybe but not a fire hydrant. Granted it's not a good idea to do that, but I don't think it belongs in the same category as the other stuff.

Quote by liminy0The prisoners are not slaves, and "A modest proposal" should not apply to death rows either. If so, there is really no way to end unjust laws.

I don't know if you're talking to me since I didn't actually use the words "A modest proposal"
You're actually 100% right prisoners are not slaves. Under my proposed system they would just be paying the "crime tax" the tax is either 100 trillion dollars (to be compounded exponentially by a factor of 2 every 5 years) or many years (depends on the crime) forced labor. The prisoner is free to opt out of option 2 and pay the money at any time. The prisoner may also simply purchase a signed government coupon to be placed at the scene of the crime. The carbon copy should be kept to use in court in case of a mishap. For simplicity all crimes have the same crime tax. This formula may be applied to all other foreign bodies under the condition that a victim was either on U.S. soil or a U.S. citizen.

This is new ideas v

The problem with congress is that if there is a surplus they find a way to spend it. Surplus should really be applied to the national debt. There is nothing wrong with a government that has some spare cash. It's not holding out on you. You do have a savings account, don't you? It's the same thing. It's not what happens though. They find a way to waste it on their own pet projects. What they do is they staple their pork barrel legislation to a bill they know will pass (say its about making raping babies illegal). Obviously everyone is going to vote for the bill otherwise there's a big expose about them voting no on the raping babies bill. In the process ton's of crap gets floated through. This is why I think the president should have the "line item veto" theoretically he could veto the pork at the end and pass the "No raping babies bill". This unfortunately would not work because the same big business idiots that got the congressman elected helped to get the pres. elected. This could be solved somewhat by forcing all politicians to use a strict limit of money for campaigning and by abolishing the electoral college.

Go to vegas, get the tic tac toe playing chicken and make it president. It would be our most competent president in decades.

liminy0

liminy0

Storm Watcher of the Twilight

"A Modest Proposal" refers to the Essay by Jonathan Swift. It is not exactly the same, but I do find parallels with the exaggeration. Although personally I do not see the prison system as a punishment system (which is rather idealistic of me), it is an institution for correction and reformation. There are many crimes are committed in the context of economic circumstances, so exploiting financial capital (monetary or labor) on those without will only increase the likelihood for those to remain in the system without redemption. (And corporations may exploit those in the system with "privatized welfare," but that is a bit too far away)

Of course, social justice needs to be served fairly, but maybe the rate could be adjusted a little.

The surplus should be applied to the national debt. The government should definitely save some money in case of emergency. I do hope a "line item veto" checked by the Congress will grant the president to cut unnecessary spendings, so pork barrels can be largely eliminated (Even though good ideas and porks can be difficulty to distinguish). The multi-national corporation tax and subsidies loopholes are the biggest area where tax revenues are lost. A few years ago, the sum of the "corporation welfare" is roughly the same as the national debt. So really, if the government had taxed the big corps for just a year and cut out some pork, we will be in pretty good shape now. (Hypothetically)

It is rather difficult to find the most competent president, since he/she pretty much needs to predict the future.
But there should be a fine one in Vegas.

We should get rid off the money and return to the caves......T

shomai19

shomai19

seraphic_demon

or we could just all kill ourselves while we're a it...

Seriously, just as rooney said, "why wait?" let' just do the small things hat we can.

On one note, XRW175P6MQ4's ideas are somewhat disturbing if not humorous.

---
Signature

Kazenonatsu

Kazenonatsu

Day Dreamer

Problem with politicians is that they are only concerned with their own pet projects (and findings ways to ear-tag stuff so they can get money from as many passing bills as possible). Not to mention (I think its in the senate) the longer a state has the same person seated, the more money the state is able to get, so every state (well 80% of them) would need to elect new officials in order to actually do much good.

And thanks to everyone who voted obama in, I really wanted to have to pay for these stupid stimulus plans in my future taxes. (I'm only 19 so I've got a LONG way to go)

A moment bound in eternity.

samu02

Back to Basics

-10 points. That is just a quick fix. Like applying duct tape to a leaking pipe. That doesn't fix the root of the problem. The problem is that the system doesn't work or, at the very least, it still has some flaws. 20 points for trying to come up with a solution to help though. Your heart's in the right place.

"If faced with a life or death situation, an average person would choose life; a hero also chooses life, just not for himself"
"Knowledge is Power. But Power unused accomplishes nothing"
[CENTER][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/11.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.