Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 PSA: Online Safety - Minitokyo

PSA: Online Safety

This thread is pinned.

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 80 total items

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

Quote by BernouliWhy so concerned about who it is? It really doesn't matter, he's banned anyway. Underage user's just need to be more aware.

It's easy to find him, though. You just need to do a little research. =P

Indeed.
It makes no difference now he's banned, but because people are so curious and I don't feel any personal obligation to protect his privacy, the member I'm referring to is Eisritter/FrigidEmbrace/Siegeldamon.
And it is quite easy to just look at my post history and see who I've been banning (some seriously bored people even make a hobby of it).

Signature Image
I used to be that bitch who deleted your pictures. Now that I'm gone, nobody is gonna delete your pictures anymore. Good for you.

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Uh! What an awful person. It's sad to know there are people like that in this world. He never contacted me (I'm not really that active anyway), but thank you for bringing this to the community's attention. It's something we should all be aware of.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

PinkRoseLacus

PinkRoseLacus

mugi-chan~ =)

thanks so much for the warning, marissa^^

It's sad to think that there are actually guys like that online. Anyway, thanks for the notification.

nsummern

nsummern

*NsummerN*

Thank you very much for warning.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

There are sexual predators targeting boys too. Keep that in mind.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Oh boy, This will be a nice ungrateful task of playing the devils advocate.

First I'm not taking his/her side in this case if he/she actually is a predator he/she can slowly rot in hell.

Now you made a disturbing discovery but I wonder did you get any complaints about him/her?

What concerns me is that you alone took action in banning a account based on some non quantifiable facts (age, gender) that might hint he/she is a predator.
But there is no real proof - at least you don't disclose that information in topic start.

A male member - Is he a male?
Who interacted exclusively with girls - Are they all really girls?
Nearly all of them under 18 - Are they all under 18?
Being quite aggressively flirtatious - Like most young adults.
And expressing interest in meeting them, with no reservations about their age or how far from him they live. - Okay you got me there but it wouldn't stick in court. ;)

Spamming, Trolling, Ripping etc all can be used to warrant a ban .. But a gut feeling?

Of course I realize MT isn't a democracy and Staff can do whatever they wish to do.. :)

but because people are so curious and I don't feel any personal obligation to protect his privacy,
This is plain wrong .. and in some countries you actually could get sued over this. (slander)

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Quote by Taurecbut because people are so curious and I don't feel any personal obligation to protect his privacy,
This is plain wrong .. and in some countries you actually could get sued over this. (slander)

Privacy as in account name. And no, you can't.

I did a quick check myself, and if this is the same person making all three accounts, then it's quite easy to see that the person is lying. Three different ages on all three accounts, plus different locations as well? That's obvious fraud/forgery already. And the friends list consisted of MOSTLY girls at 18 or younger. No, not all of them, but a very high percentage nonetheless. Coincidence? Somehow I doubt that. And if the friends list of all three accounts consists of mostly the same people... well, there's nothing more that needs to be said about the situation.

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

If he / she had a user picture posted it would be printed on anti pedo T-shirts as we speak.. (I would print it) ;)
or if he / she had disclosed other info via pm it could be used.

Quote: There's nothing more that needs to be said about the situation.

That is your opinion .. I don't like the "be silent, jump when they ask you and bend over on request" routine.
The 3 accounts 1 person that is a solid reason to ban though.

But if the general consensus is that a gut feeling should be enough than you can only wonder what will warrant a next ban.

Who decides what's true and relevant, and what's not?
George Orwell - "1984"

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

What do you mean "gut feeling"? The guy actively tried to chat up girls between 13-18 years of age, up to the point of wanting to meet them in person. Several girls, even, most of which appeared on the friends list of all three accounts. And that's just what I found out after a half-assed check (which, by the way, set off alarms left and right.) This is what I meant when I said that there's nothing more that needs to be discussed, especially in light of the fact that the mods here has already shed what light needs to be shed on this topic. Unless, of course, you want to accuse the mods of lying and/or abusing their powers.

As for the picture thing; given that anyone who signs up can post whichever picture they like, there's no reason to believe that any child molesters making an account anywhere -- and that's including this place -- would honestly use a picture of themselves. Even more so if the person in question lies about his age. It would take a whole lot of naivete to believe that, and a whole lot of stupidity to follow up this by posting the picture in the fashion you mentioned. And it's not like pedophiles are lacking in pictures to use for their accounts, what with all the attention whores jumping around on the internet today.

Whether this guy is a pedophile or some poor loser who tries to pick up dates via community sites like this; I honestly don't know, but I'd say the odds of one of these being true is pretty high. His behavior pattern basically suggests that it wouldn't be in anyone's best interest to seek this person out, and I certainly do not have any complaints about the mod staff revealing his account names as a warning to all the members here on Minitokyo.

shomai19

shomai19

seraphic_demon

Good Catch, I hope no one emulates that guy for all our sakes.

But what if he creates another account?

Weep as much as you want and feel the hands of despair groping for your soul for nothing can ease the pain of losing your beloved like the gentle thrust of my pen. *poke*

---
Signature
	ImageAvatar and sig by Melymay, thanks. ^^

Roler-Crown-Black

Roler-Crown-Black

The Land Of Bandit

Thnks for the warning

Crown

lovecards

lovecards

Reborn :)

Good lord! Is already get here.The world is insane.Thanks for the worning, and is a good way to the parents know, and thanks to taken care of us (and the children too). Take care.

Happy to be...

Member of :UserpageSkinsDesigns;JapaneseLover;Wing-lovers;Sakura;Braziltugado;Oldsters.Signature Image

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Sorry to post this but i wanted your opinion as this topic confuses me a bit.

Does expressing the wish to meet irl a person you met here makes you look like an online predator, ugly stalker or whatever to others nowadays ?
I know such requests coming from strangers are dangerous, but i want to believe it's possible to turn an online friendship/relation into a real life one.

Still, i understand that here this is other business as this guy's behaviour seems to make the people he talked with uncomfortable. Moreover i understand the fact he interacts mostly with underage girls sounds alarming.

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

woah go mt~ this has really brought about changes~ ^_^ but i haven't been on mt for awhile >.< maybe after the exams but i see that there are still quite a few people coming here.

Signature Image

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Quote by papyworldDoes expressing the wish to meet irl a person you met here makes you look like an online predator, ugly stalker or whatever to others nowadays ?
I know such requests coming from strangers are dangerous, but i want to believe it's possible to turn an online friendship/relation into a real life one.

Wanting to meet someone you know online that you've conversed with for a long time and found out that you like this person's personality in general? Not really.

Wanting to meet several girls (within a certain age bracket) right out of nowhere just after registering, and even going so far as to make new accounts with different user data in an attempt to hide that it's the same person who got banned? Yes, very.

So yeah, there's nothing wrong with taking an interest in someone you've talked to online, as long as you can be certain that this person is who he or she portrays themselves to be.

Quote: Still, i understand that here this is other business as this guy's behaviour seems to make the people he talked with uncomfortable. Moreover i understand the fact he interacts mostly with underage girls sounds alarming.

It's not just that. Marissa (or one of the other moderators) mentioned that he had parttaken in some pretty sexual flirting with some of the girls here. Which would have been fine if it had been between two consenting adults. But then, his friendslist was basically full of people, most of them girls under the age of 18 (all the way down to 12 or 13, I believe.)

good thing they got banned
there are way too many sick freaks out there

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by shomai19Good Catch, I hope no one emulates that guy for all our sakes.

But what if he creates another account?

Then he will get banned again and again. There's no question about it, people like him do not belong here and we will do what is necessary to protect those who come here.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

redangel6112

redangel6112

DozoYorishiku (Nice to meet you)

wow! I never thought such problem would happen in MT.
Its good that you found out :D

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Thanks for your answer Northy, i agree with your opinion. Still i experienced that some people do not think that way, misinterpreting easily people's intentions and being too proud to change theirs :s Anyways ^^'

And yes i forgot the part about his sick comments which is even more problematic.

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

BBShadowCat

BBShadowCat

Something better USE to be here

how disgusting! How shameful! D< We must kick him in the butt!

samu02

Back to Basics

I'm curious as to what would keep him making a new account in MT?
I totally agree with being vigilant against these sick people. We should all support this plan to make MT child predator-free.
Personally, I say we spam them outta their wits >.<

"If faced with a life or death situation, an average person would choose life; a hero also chooses life, just not for himself"
"Knowledge is Power. But Power unused accomplishes nothing"
[CENTER][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/11.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Sakura-Rabbit07

Sakura-Rabbit07

Quaintrelle

Arigatou!
i'm surprised that men can be so um (what's the word?)
tee hee...
well thanks for the warning
xXx

woah" I used to talk to him before a while, but he never seemed to me that way. This makes me feel bad now, it's really shocking. I'll be more careful now! Thank you so much for the warning!

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 80 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.