Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Minitokyo Tagging System - Minitokyo

Minitokyo Tagging System

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 77 total items

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

The categories on Minitokyo have been replaced by a tagging system with the following advantages:

-In addition to be able to tag your submission by Mangaka and Series, you can now categorize them by Character names, Themes, Artbooks and more. Now you don't have to specify the artist/artbook in the description anymore if it hadn't a category on Minitokyo, but you can add the tag.

-The search now works on tags instead of categories, with the above advantages too.

-Tags can have aliases to intercept common misspellings, abbreviations, common alternative names, single or plural problems, or first-name and surname order problems. Existing tags referring to the same thing can be merged.

-The submission page has been simplified into a one-page process. For scans, instead of a description and title you only have to enter one primary tag, for example the name of the series. You don't have to search for the series you are looking for from a long drop-down select box, you can simply type the name (and there is auto suggest).

-Tags are hierarchical: tags can parent other tags. For example CLAMP (Studio) being a parent for Card Captor Sakura (Series) which is in turn a parent to Sakura Kinomoto (Character). Tags can have multiple parents (ie. sakura kinomoto being a child to both ccs and trc) and multiple childs (ie. clamp being a parent to all series and artbooks they have made).

Where are the categories such as anime wallpapers and female scans?
If you want to browse wallpapers just click 'wallpapers' at the top. If you want to browse female scans just type it in the search box.

How to add tags to submissions?
When viewing a submission, the tag addition form is on the left hand menu. You can add multiple tags comma seperated in one pass.

How do i create parent/child relations between tags?
Only elite members and moderators can do this at this time.

I just added a tag to a submission, but clicking the tag leads to an empty page!
Refresh the page.

I found a bug
Please post with links.

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

MT has changed...
It'll take some getting used to ^^
But it's great that you're always looking for ways to improve this great site.

Signature

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

Well this is pretty interesting. I find it useful, maybe cause I'm used to tags and such.
I've been tagging my walls. I introduced for example "Amewarashi" but it won't take it as a character but as a theme, I guess that's cause the tag wasn't officially entered by moderator huh? Same went with some different series that were tagged as Other.

What I find not suitable is that anyone can add tags to wallpapers that means anyone can mess up my tags xD
Other than that good idea. I like how it shows how many walls/indy art are in one category.

Edit: ahh she's a character now xD

Edit2: question, when were talking bout doujins what do we tag, the doujinshi maker or the original mangaka/artist/studio or series?

Rizacaga: Tina, Tina tell Sungmin to get Kyu's pants for me pleaseee.
My milkshake brings Saber to my bathtub.

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

I don't know if this problem is a result of the tagging, but on the gallery view "elite" status shows, but when you click on said elite or highlighted wallpaper, the italic "this item is in the elite gallery" is no longer present. I know it's lame, but people have earned that little sentence and to have it gone is not cool.

DarkGeneralUnizaki

DarkGeneralUnizaki

My gears are always turning

MT has chnaged first the different area's changed randomly now this. Hm..

I am the legendary Cybernetic-pony.
I will protect and serve Queen Luna.
I am a brony and proud of it!

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

I guess MT is moving on to new and better things...We shall see.

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

Where is the Vector category? Searching the tags only yields 1 result.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by afkanimeWhere is the Vector category? Searching the tags only yields 1 result.

Populated the vector art :) http://www.minitokyo.net/Vector+Art

WindAlchemist

WindAlchemist

Waiting for you to find me...

Two things from me:
1. I noticed you stretched out the main links at the top of the page which is nice and all, but darn. It kinda severely throws off people's custom layouts who made some kind of bar around where the words are ^^;
Not serious, just an observation.

2. Can we still have the option to title our scans? I just sent one in and didn't have anywhere to title it. The problem I have with this is that whenever something newly sent in gets commented on or favorited, it comes up in our notifs as "Untitled #-insertnumber" which is really bad if you send in a lot of scans since you won't know what anything is without having to click it.
Edit: Another problem with this is that when someone else on your watchlist sends a scan in and is unable to title it, you have zero possible ways to actually go to that image when you get notified about it without going to the person's page and proceeding to their scans gallery. It was the same way before if you didn't name something, but now we have no way to name something to fix it.

Signature Image

It'll take awhile to get used to it, but I guess it's for the best.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

moonelf313

Scanner

moonelf313

Just Pinky...

I agree with WindAlchemist...I think we should still have the option to title our scans if desired :) As sometimes when looking at my notifications I look at the title of the scan... :) I like the simple upload feature though...

Signature
I'm no angel, but I've spread my wings a bit

Nubes

Nubes

Blah blah blah!!!

uhmmm... This changes also apply to the favorites adding and stuff... becuz when i add a favorite automatically my favorite section is open... couldn

WindAlchemist

WindAlchemist

Waiting for you to find me...

Quote by Nubesuhmmm... This changes also apply to the favorites adding and stuff... becuz when i add a favorite automatically my favorite section is open... couldn

Signature Image

FallenAngelZoicyte

FallenAngelZoicyte

Boycott Love

the tagging system is definately cool! it realy streamlines submissions!

Signature Image

Actually... I have a suggestion.
Should we make the wallpaper resolutions tags, too? This way we can just search for walls of our native resolution and save a bit of trouble.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

kamuinoyume

kamuinoyume

OMAE WO SHINJIRU!

It sounds nice, but there's something wrong with your review tag. It doesn't work, not for X TV, not for Naruto or Bleach.

Live like you'll die tomorrow, dream like you'll live forever!

moonelf313

Scanner

moonelf313

Just Pinky...

I am sure the kinks will be worked out...there are a few...too...as when the images are tagged, the tab that shows up for the tag, the number is off... example

Ikuto Tskuiyomi ...

Signature
I'm no angel, but I've spread my wings a bit

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

I just have another personal bother with the tagging. I really don't like that on the frontpage, all art has the series/creator underneath it. If we really gave a flying leap, we'd click it and then see. However, all it does is really bug me and probably does not bother most members. Just placing a concern.

nisnoopy3

nisnoopy3

I'm here...

Quote by xxKurumiI don't know if this problem is a result of the tagging, but on the gallery view "elite" status shows, but when you click on said elite or highlighted wallpaper, the italic "this item is in the elite gallery" is no longer present. I know it's lame, but people have earned that little sentence and to have it gone is not cool.

I have to agree with xxKurumi regarding this issue. I find it so annoying when I'm reviewing the gallery. I know I have the option to turn on my Elite gallery button but I prefer not to. As I want to review all the gallery items whether they are in elite status or not. I wish for those words to come back. I find it is really a bother not knowing whether this is an elite item or not.

Quote by xxKurumiI just have another personal bother with the tagging. I really don't like that on the frontpage, all art has the series/creator underneath it. If we really gave a flying leap, we'd click it and then see. However, all it does is really bug me and probably does not bother most members. Just placing a concern.

Why do you need to do extra work twice? The name of the series/creator would appear once we place the 'mouse pointer' on the gallery item. So, why bother to put those thing under them? :\

Signature
[K.Y.O.N.K.O] + [V.O.T.E] = [orpheuz]
howls-moving-castle [url=http://howls-moving-castle.minitokyo.net/]~:|A NEW FACE FOR HOWL

Susan-chan

Susan-chan

Guardian of Storm

hmm...strange, the new system..my message vanished here XD ok whatever:
one request: if i add something to my favourites: dont redirect me to my favs O_o i have to click again on the pic to download...2x work..

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

I love the change, makes everything look more organized :) And especially the links on the user pages <3

Quote by xxKurumiI don't know if this problem is a result of the tagging, but on the gallery view "elite" status shows, but when you click on said elite or highlighted wallpaper, the italic "this item is in the elite gallery" is no longer present. I know it's lame, but people have earned that little sentence and to have it gone is not cool.

Agreed. Some people work hard to get their submissions into the Elite Gallery and it's not that great to see that sentence is gone (even though there's still the "Elite" writing next to the small thumbnails, when browsing the gallery).

Oh, and there seems to be a problem with scan editing. Whenever I edit the description and title, it takes me to a page with blank fields and the description I had previously entered is gone (screenshot - after entering the title and description and clicking "Edit"). It would be great if this were fixed, as well as having the scan title, description, tags and upload fields on the same page when submitting >_< It would be easier to handle.

Thank you for all the hard work you put into this wonderful site! <3

Edit:

Quote by Sakura-DustI think it's a bug of some sort, but a wallpaper I deleted a long time ago appears in the popular section on my UP: this one
It wasn't there before, so I really don't know what happened, but I don't want it there...

I discovered it's quite the opposite for me. My Tokyo Crazy Paradise wallpaper doesn't show up in my wallpapers gallery anymore, and I didn't delete it (hence why the description is still there). The thumbnail and data just don't show up in browsing mode :\

And yay, the Elite sentence is back! :D *throws confetti into the air*

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

I love almost all the changes. The tagging system is really interesting, but I gotta be careful if people put inappropriate tags on my walls. For ex my Tenjou Tenge wall has been tagged Queen's Blade ^^"

I'm not fond of the fav column being in the left. The right side has too much space, besides, right after the 'people who faved' list is done, the 'partners and links' section is up. Dunno, looks strange, and the right side is completely empty ^^"

Another problem is the italic 'this item is in the elite gallery' text. It shows in thumbnail, but not at the wallpaper... So I'd like those magical italics back please XD
Except this, it looks good <3 I'm really diggin' the tags *w*

merged: 07-02-2009 ~ 12:01pm
I think it's a bug of some sort, but a wallpaper I deleted a long time ago appears in the popular section on my UP: this one
It wasn't there before, so I really don't know what happened, but I don't want it there...

Signature

It will be interesting to see how this new system works out....heres hoping for the best MT :)

??

rubenz

rubenz

Asucaga Fan and Vector Addict

Need to get used by the new system ^^ But I like it so far.

Btw I can't find D.gray-man gallery. Search the tag and also the author but couldn't find it.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 77 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.