Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Best Pilot? Kira, Athrun or Shinn? - Minitokyo

Best Pilot? Kira, Athrun or Shinn?

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

jcena18

jcena18

Golden Time Lover

Although Kira is the Ultimate Coordinator, I think Athrun is the Best!

How bout you guys? who do you think is the best? =)

I like Shiro, because he became a Gundam pilot to avenge his family. Kira is too self-righteous. He and Athrun's fiance interrupted a battle which killed Heinz or whatever his name was (the orange haired guy with orange Gouf).

dollyneir

dollyneir

Tuna Stalker

Kira...
ABsolutely him.
XD

Signature
Humans hide behind the curtain they knitted, and stay there for ages.
I'll never be one of them.

Kaname-Sama-Love

Kaname-Sama-Love

Kaname-Sama's Beloved

please Kira is like god in SEED and Destiny =]

KIRA YAMATO IS THE BEST!

pureblood98

pureblood98

mmmmmm...

kira.....
but athrun is hotter and more handsome.....

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.. -Ulysses
You can't spell manslaughter without laughter.. -Azula

ATHRUN ZALA is THE BEST PILOT ^o^

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

Kira is the best pilot because of being an Ultimate Coordinator, but I think Athrun is the best because he trained as a mobile suit pilot to begin with when he went to ZAFT's military academy and became a soldier. Also Athrun has more battle experience as a trained soldier. So Athrun is my choice.

Signature

They're all great pilots, but I'd have to go with Athrun on this one. He's got the experience and training. Along with that he took out Shinn's mobile suit in Final Plus with a kick to the face! I was actually laughing my ass off at that point :P

Kira,because he is the ultimate coordinator.Not only that,he think wisely when piloting Gundam and hardly let his emotion control him.

Of course Kira because he is not soldier thus he hadn't any experience and training but if he had, can you imagine his power?

In my opinion, none of them are great pilots.

Kira being the Ultimate Coodinator doesn't make him that much better than the other Coordinators. I just means that, because he was grown in an artificial womb, he has all the genetic modifications done to him as they were intended without any slight deviation that usually occur due to the mother's body. Also, he uses a state-of-the-art nuclear powered mobile suit with a built in auto-aiming device, so he really doesn't have to aim while he spams all his weapons, thus earning the nickname "Aimbot McBeamSpam" among some fans of the show.

Athrun has such an alarmingly high destruction rate of his Gundams. What happens to his Aegis? He blows it up. What happens to his Justice? He blows it up. What happens to his Saviour? Chopped to pieces. What happens to his Infinite Justice? He blows up the backpack, basically rendering the Infinite Justice a nuclear powered melee mobile suit, which isn't the best way to utilize nuclear power.

Shinn let his emotions cloud his judgment on what to do, leading him to go into a mindless berserker-like rage when in SEED mode fueled by anger. Not the best quality to have when in battle, like when he was about to kill his own ally Lunamaria when she stepped in to try to stop Shinn and Athrun's battle, thus leading Athrun to go into his SEED mode and beat Shinn in a few seconds flat. The fact that Athrun was not in SEED mode during most of the fight with Shinn shows that Shinn, even in SEED mode, can't even match Athrun's normal piloting abilities.

If you want sheer skill, then I'd go with Athrun overall followed by Shinn and Kira last. Both Athrun and Shinn had prior training and were good enough to be made elite reds while Kira's "skill" (at least most of the time later) is only because of lock-on-and-spam with the (Strike) Freedom which ANYONE could do. Couple that with Athrun using a melee-oriented MS (with minimal long-range abilities) along with the fact that melee-oriented MS also require greater skill (faster reflexes, hand-eye coordination, control, etc which is also why many melee-oriented MS don't get produced in great numbers; too specific, too complex, etc) and he's got to be a good pilot.

It's mostly just plot that causes his suit's destruction somehow;

SEED: Aegis - He had no choice. The Aegis had run out of power while the Strike hadn't. That put him at an immediate severe disadvantage where even vulcans and other conventional weaponry could damage him, so he took the last resort of self-destructing it since that was all he had that would be able to damage the Strike with its Phase Shift Armor still active. Not to mention that he wasn't about to let the Alliance take back another one of its stronger MS to use against ZAFT.

SEED: Justice - With how powerful the Phase Shift Armor was on GENESIS (Positron cannons not even able to make a dent) and the fact that no ships could get in close to it before getting blasted away by it or defending MS along with the fact that he, along with Kira and Rau, were the only MS with nuclear reactors and everything else having normal batteries, there really wasn't much choice otherwise. They didn't have any schematics or plans on GENESIS, so they had no clue where the weakest point was or anything, so the best thing to do was to go in as far as they could and set off a nuke.

SEED Destiny: Savior - Pretty much plot here. Athrun was an "enemy" in the way of Kira's and the Archangel's intervention missions. Not to mention they had to make room for his inevitable Infinite Justice receiving upon leaving ZAFT (again) after questioning himself because of Kira's words.

SEED Destiny: Infinite Justice - Probably just meant to look cool.

Kira is the best pilot among the three.

HaouJudai6

HaouJudai6

Meiyo Hades

Kira Hands down

merged: 02-17-2010 ~ 01:03am
Kira obvousily

merged: 02-19-2010 ~ 09:12pm
Kira for Skilllwise and the Strike freedom

"Each our of lives individually small,
we're all part of the universe. If we understand this,feel it burn within us,life can shine. Anyone's"

-Pope Sage Saint Seiya Lost Canvas-

I think all of them are strong knowing that first. Kira is an ultimate coordinator. Athrun has more piloting experience than the two(attends zaft academy, have rode most of the mobile suit in the series) and shinn who defeated kira by his unorthodox fighting method... But still kira is like a GOD!

HaouJudai6

HaouJudai6

Meiyo Hades

true and i agree but Acker Grahm is God Sd Gundam Generation wars God Grahm Finger Hit End

"Each our of lives individually small,
we're all part of the universe. If we understand this,feel it burn within us,life can shine. Anyone's"

-Pope Sage Saint Seiya Lost Canvas-

Quote by legionnaireI think all of them are strong knowing that first. Kira is an ultimate coordinator. Athrun has more piloting experience than the two(attends zaft academy, have rode most of the mobile suit in the series) and shinn who defeated kira by his unorthodox fighting method... But still kira is like a GOD!

Well, so far, being the "ultimate" Coordinator doesn't seem to be anything more than simply NOT having the various defects other Coordinator children have had, as we are shown in flashbacks. (Various babies not turning out as parents wanted; having the wrong hair/eye color and so on.) Doesn't seem to grant him any "super" skills or abilities that other Coordinators don't have.

As said, Athrun is the best in terms of sheer piloting skill; having previous piloting experience even before SEED began, piloted primarily melee-oriented MS, which by definition require more fine skill and control to utilize effectively as well as faster reflexes and whatnot (which is why you ever rarely see such MS mass produced in great numbers).

Shinn defeated Kira because, unlike what a majority of forces seem to do in SEED, before the battle, he actually took the time to STUDY Kira's fighting style from previous battle footage and took clear advantage of that, the Impulse's abilities, and Kira's attitude...that and because the staff wanted to give an excuse to give Kira the Strike Freedom when the Freedom was already good enough as it is XP, lol.

As I said, Kira showed much greater skill and ingenuity while piloting the Strike in SEED. After getting the (Strike) Freedom, it's been lock-on and spam, spam, spam 95% of the time which ANY grunt pilot could do.

jcena18

jcena18

Golden Time Lover

Kira is fighting for Orb
Shinn is fighting for Zaft
Athrun is fighting for Both

Athrun really needs to choose one.. but unfortunately in the end.. he chooses Orb.. =)

here are some of what I think:
Shinn defeat Kira and Athrun
Kira defeat Athrun
Athrun Defeat Shinn

So... well..... ummm... i Still think Athrun's the best! hehe.. XD

kira yamato

kira is the jesus of gundam seed lool

I think the sameee

Kira as much as I hate to admit
but he always end up surprise me! :)

For me Kira. ok some people here keep saying that auto spam there and that ! dude if u know right that auto spam can easily be avoided ! besides when 1 on 1 Kira wins all XD 2nd athrun and last shinn. u think shin beated kira ? no way man... Shinn only won on kira while using freedom cause kira just wants to escape with arcangel cause if u all remember, at that time they were on the teritory of ZAFT. and most of all they just were in a hurry wich made kira lose concentration in the battle. as u can see kira is God at seed destiny ! know why ? for destroyin tons of mobile suits even without hitting its cockpit ! so there ! XD kira would be more than a God if he didnt care about peoples live and just kill them. cause of that Kira is awesome ! XD

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.