Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Whimsical Animal Design - Minitokyo

Whimsical Animal Design

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Aerith0530

Aerith0530

~ I s r a f e l ~

OK, so for sculpture class, we have to make a whimsical animal with human qualities. So, I took a very long time and did a sketch of a crane with one leg bent under its belly while flashing its wings and dancing. It's also wearing a Greek God like robe thing while it's drapped with see-through veil and wearing a ornate head dress and choker.

So, I showed my teacher, and she was like, where's the whimsical element? I said the crane was dancing and everything, and she was like, oh, so it's both whimsical and its human characteristic. And she told me to add ballet shoes or something............... But I wanna keep it like an ancient fairy/goddess crane kinda thing. Not a ballet dancer! I mean, a bird as a ballet dancer is done to death like a kangaroo is a boxer! (a guy in my class is actually doing that, he copied from a book.............. -_- )

Any ideas?

Signature

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

The idea of the sculpture is to have a human-creature, like a catgirl. Try giving it a human body and head, see if that'll make her happy. But that could be me anyway.

Unfortunatly, I don't have any ideas on how to keep it fairy/goddess like (apart from what I wrote above)... maybe you chould make it look more cutre or something.

PikaMoon

PikaMoon

***star gazer***

Um...your sculpture sounds interesting and the ballet shoes is definitely a no no! Ideas...none at the moment. I'll start thinking!!! XD

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

how bout half-demi god with animal sculpture on the body..

*does it help?*

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

see... now... you got Tony the Tiger.... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles..... Spiderman..... Shrek..... ^_^' hehe... isn't that inspiration enough? XD

if i would've done a sculpture myself... i would've made a nice tigress with these future gear doin' some serious whoopass aye? :D

Signature

macguges

macguges

yet another otaku geek

Feh. I've heard about finicky art professors before. Clearly what you've got isn't simply a creative problem but a negotiation problem. Can you get the professor to approve a design that appeals to you and the professor? Sounds like you need into get into your prof's head about er definition of 'whimsy'. But then again, the professor mightn't have been entirely honest about that .. maybe the suggestion of dancing shoes wasn't about whimsy, but instead about accessibility or even structural soundness.

All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense. A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom.

RahXephon

the Professor

Just make it in a sculpure and see your teacher's jaw on the floor ;)

Aerith0530

Aerith0530

~ I s r a f e l ~

But the thing is, I can't compromise with her! Before, we were making masks out of plaster. So, I showed her my design and asked her if I needed more detail on it, like flowers, beads, or that kind of stuff, cuz I wanted a masquerade kind of mask. And you know what happened? She handed me a mirror and told me to look at my cheeks and add shading and stuff into my sketch. I mean, I know she was trying to make me make my design and mask more life-like, but that wasn't what I asked her! This always happens when I ask her a question!!! XO

Signature

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.