Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Excuse me? - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Morrow

Scanner

Morrow

...is in stealth mode.

One of my uploads got deleted with an "additional information":

Original scanner is nat, please don\'t steal her scans, thanx

Excuse me? I don't steal from anyone, the images I upload are found on imageboards like danbooru or moeboard, if I had known the scan is already on here I wouldn't have uploaded it.
I try to check the galleries before I upload an image, but I can't browse thru 100+ pages of a specific series, and when I don't get the message "this image already exists" on the upload page, I add it.
There are also people who have the title "veteran scanner" while all they do is downloading images from elsewhere and add them here, I have at least a few self scanned images in my gallery.

I think it's pretty unprofessional from a staff member to accuse the site members of stealing when all they do is trying to contribute.
Way to go, community.

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

Hrm, it seems like I chose the wrong word? Anyway.
Nat ( http://nat.minitokyo.net/ - http://www.nattoli.net/ - http://nat.animepaper.net/ ) is the original scanner of a large part of moe-themed books/doujinshis/artbooks. I know you might not know this, but imageboards like moe.imouto or danbooru are just filled up with her scans. Since she decided to be active and share her scans on MT too it's nothing but nice to replace the 'stealed' with hers.
I hope you understand this, as many other members who had deletions for the same reason already did.

Signature
!Death to J-Rock scans! >.<
What is Kayurachan doing? Just see it on my userpage :3
Sheq says: XD one sec, eating an egg XP

Morrow

Scanner

Morrow

...is in stealth mode.

If I had known this I would have certainly not uploaded it, but it showed up on moe.imouto first, and since most people just copy the images from there over to this site and even get a title like Veteran "Scanner" I think it's pretty inappropriate to accuse someone of "stealing" when all they did is the exact same thing.
So yes, you did choose the wrong word.

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

Want me to apologize? I won't do it. And I don't really see anything to be offended of, Hitodama.
Technically, posting here scan as 'Not my scan' is 'stealing' someone else's 'work'. Me myself, I posted a lot of 'stolen' scans... and so?
We're all trying to contribute and be nice members.
What I just want is you to understand there's a reason why I replaced your scan with nat's. And please, be aware this might happen again in the future since her AP gallery has more than 7000 items.

Signature
!Death to J-Rock scans! >.<
What is Kayurachan doing? Just see it on my userpage :3
Sheq says: XD one sec, eating an egg XP

Morrow

Scanner

Morrow

...is in stealth mode.

Then we obviously have a different view on what stealing is. By selecting "not my scan" you don't claim any rights nor to be the original scanner, therefore it's not stealing. I'm sure that's the reason you implented that option, so no one can claim to be the "owner" of an image he did not originally scan.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Quote by x-Hitodama-xBy selecting "not my scan" you don't claim any rights nor to be the original scanner, therefore it's not stealing. I'm sure that's the reason you implented that option, so no one can claim to be the "owner" of an image he did not originally scan.

And by selecting that option, you also agree to the fact that if the original scanner came and submitted the scan, that submission will have priority, and therefore your submission will be deleted.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.