Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ecchi Filter - not so good, actually - Minitokyo

Ecchi Filter - not so good, actually

page 1 of 1 8 total items

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

Well, I asked about an ecchi content filter a few months ago and one was added! Certainly it's helped, but only a little. When I search scans I still see inappropriate content. In fact, I clicked on one such scan to check it's tags, one of which was ECCHI, so why is it not blocked? I mean, the tag was ecchi, which by virtue makes it suggestive in some nature. I'm assuming there are younger viewers on this site, and certainly what they view is up to them, but even if they don't click the enlarged image, there's still the thumbnail; the thumbnail is plenty. I'm not sure if mods tag the ecchi or if members can, because there are still very many (a good amount, really) ecchi scans floating around visible on my minitokyo. Is there anyway the ecchi filter option can be developed a bit more, to better complete it's job? I mean, I (and other members, I'm sure) have no interest in seeing some of the content of these ecchi scans. If you do, whatever, but I really don't. I just wish there were a better block of this content (optional block).

At exactly 7:00 pm, I went through just the newest scans to look for such inappropriate scans:

* Criteria for this are scans that are: sexually suggestive, having a younger character shown in a way that, were this character real, the viewer would be considered border-line pedophile, over-emphasizing certain portions of the body and/or showing too much of the body or being a typically ecchi scan (if you browse the ecchi section, this should be clear).

Page 1: 3 scans
Page 2: 2 scans
Page 3: 4 scans
Page 4: 4 scans
Page 5: 0 scans
Page 6: 5 scans
Page 7: 2 scans
Page 8: 1 scans
Page 9: 5 scans
Page 10: 3 scans
Page 11: 11 scans
Page 12: 8 scans
Page 13: 4 scans
Page 14: 4 scans
Page 15: 6 scans
Page 16: 4 scans
Page 17: 2 scans
Page 18: 7 scans
Page 19: 1 scans
Page 20: 2 scans

I know this is a huge request, but it's something I'm very concerned about on MT.

Thanks for your time (:

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

In order for an image to be blocked by the ecchi filter, the primary tag needs to be set as ecchi. If you see a scan that you think should be filtered, then use the report function. Please be clear-- what about the scan makes it too suggestive?

Regular members used to be able to remove tags and change primary tags, so a lot of scanners were changing their scans from being primary tagged as Ecchi. We're working to rectify that but need all the help we can get.

Signature Image

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

My problem is not these scans being on MT. My problem is them leaking through the ecchi filter that was enabled. It's not really doing it's job. 11 on page 11! That's a lot of scans! I'm not asking to just block ecchi; there are plenty of scans that don't even get an ecchi tag that are inappropriate for younger users. 3 recent ones for example lack ecchi tags: 1 (on page 1); 2 (on page 6); 3 (on page 11).

These aren't 'ecchi' per se, but they are most certainly very suggestive in content. What I mean to say is, ecchi shouldn't be the only tag to differentiate the ecchi filter from the non. How could I, as a member, help since you need all the help you can get?

fireflywishes

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Quote by xxKurumiHow could I, as a member, help since you need all the help you can get?

Quote by fireflywishes If you see a scan that you think should be filtered, then use the report function. Please be clear-- what about the scan makes it too suggestive?

I'll send the Scan Mods over here to give additional information about what is considered "Ecchi".

Signature Image

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

If you see a scan that you think should be filtered, then use the report function. Please be clear-- what about the scan makes it too suggestive?

--

I don't want it deleted; just filtered. Reporting for deletion seems a bit extreme.

--

I'll send the Scan Mods over here to give additional information about what is considered "Ecchi".

--

So ones like the three I posted will be ignored because they are not categorally ecchi? (I'm not sure I understood your above statement).

fireflywishes

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

No, no... reporting the image does not mean it will be deleted. Just report it saying "Set Ecchi as primary for suggestive content" or something along those lines. The report function has more uses that purely deletion.

I said I'd send them over because they are the Scan Mods. I am not a Scan Mod, thus I do not have final say in Scan related matters.

Signature Image

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

OK, thanks for your thought and time (: This was very helpful. Thanks so much!

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

Well Kurumi, firefly pretty summed up main features of the Ecchi filter.
What we basically set with "Ecchi" as primary are extremely provocative pictures (as long as anything too explicit is shown, otherwise we delete), nudity and very suggestive pictures. All members of our staff put a lot of effords in moderating the tag but, as you can see, there's always personal feelings on what can be considered "borderline" and therefore being primary tagged with Ecchi.
The scans you linked us to are quite suggestive but I'm pretty sure noone on our staff will ever consider them too dangerous to be hidden from the index. I sometimes see reports on very borderline scans and they pretty much get always deleted. So just feel free to report too but don't be too strict ;)

Signature
!Death to J-Rock scans! >.<
What is Kayurachan doing? Just see it on my userpage :3
Sheq says: XD one sec, eating an egg XP

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.