Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Favorite/Least favorite books? - Minitokyo

Favorite/Least favorite books?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

Hey, there! Avid reader that I am, I was wondering what YOUR favorite books are. You know, ones you'd recommend? I'm pretty much devoting the bulk of my summer to reading (and organic chemistry), so I thought I'd get some recommends from my fellow MT designers/scanners. I'm more of a fantasy/romance/slice-of-life person myself, but I'm open to about anything! So, share your likes, dislikes, etc.

Here are my favorite books:

.The Hunger Games Trilogy (2 of 3 published) by Suzanne Collins
.Graceling by Kristin Cashore
.Fire by Kristin Cashore
.The Hollow Kingdom Trilogy by Clare B. Dunkle
.The Singer of all Songs Trilogy by Kate Constable
.Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

Books I would say are "bad" (there aren't many):

.Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzgerald
.Art Geeks and Prom Queens by Alyson Noel
.and the ever-ubiquitous Twilight

So?

I recently finished the first book of George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire"-series ('A Game of Thrones') and I really enjoyed it. It's definitely one of my favourites. If you haven't yet read it you should give it a chance as someone who likes fantasy stories. ^^
I also liked the 'Truth'-series by Dawn Cook. It reads well and the characters grew on me. I read it in German though, so I don't know about how it is in English. Also a fantasy series btw.

Even though you didn't like Twilight, if you like vampire stories I recommend Anne Rice's novels. 'The Vampire Lestat' is really good.

And lastly the Bartimaeus trilogy by Jonathan Stroud. Really good and funny series. Also a fantasy series. :)

I don't really have books that I greatly dislike so you have to bear with recommandations only. ;)

Maybe I'll try out some of the books on your list that summer. They sound really interesting. :]

My fav would b the twilight saga, especially breaking dawn n eclipse. 2 tell the truth, i dun really like twilight n new moon... But still, can't wait 4 eclipse movie 2 b out!

Fav books: Vampire Chronicles, A Song of Ice and Fire, The Illiad, Captain Alatriste, Masters of Rome series, Mary Renault's Alexander trilogy, The Song of Troy, Much Ado About Nothing, Paradise Lost, anything written by Paul Auster, Oscar Wilde or Edgar Allan Poe. For poets, I stay with mine: Becquer, Hernandez and Quevedo

Least favourite books: That awful stupid disgusting chauvinistic degradation that is Twilight. I also despise Eragon and anything ever written by Dan Brown. I also dislike a fifteenth/sixteenth century book called Lazarillo de Tormes, which probably no one but Spanish speakers will know.

"Also, Russia liked America in the same way that little boys liked the ants they burnt on the sidewalks in the summer. Only with a little more pizzazz, and outer space." (or "why do they call this war cold, baby, when it's so hot between us?" xD. America/Russia in a nutshell)

"Is there just something in the water over here, that makes you guys every so often go 'fuck it, let's have a rumble?'. I'm not touching another one of your big, European, 'bring your friends' wars, like you're throwing a neighborhood potluck or something. It's not my job to ride in like the fucking cavalry every time you get into a jam." (America's thoughts on Europe, after the "well, that was pretty pointless" fiesta of WW1. From "The Chosen End")

Favorites:
-Catfish and Mandala
-Harry Potter Series
-A Series of Unfortunate Events
-The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series
-The Joy Luck Club
-The Great Gatsby
-The Catcher in the Rye
-A Separate Peace
-The Grapes of Wrath
-The Clique
-Mangas (idk if they count as "books")
-The Scarlet Letter
-Night

Least Favorites:
-Probably the Twilight Saga (i watch the movies only)

-
-

.Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

Books ... well ... oblivious never gotta be the textbooks... XDD my favours book is a novel call <Battle Flag of the Stars>

Favorite book: Moby Dick
The narrator Ishmael was such insightful and clever, and their journey was truly amazing!

Least Favorite: Kiss Me Tomorrow
It had no plot, the characters were sketchy; I disliked it overall.

drewtoli

drewtoli

RAWR

my favorite books are mostly all in the fantasy saga known as Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. they blow lord of the rings out of the water. the other books i love are part of a serial killer crime thriller series by Cody Mcfadyen

merged: 07-14-2010 ~ 10:54am
worst books are probably anything i had to read for school so flowers for algernon, to kill a mocking bird, and of mice and men.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

http://forum.minitokyo.net/t67647

Thread already exists. Please post there instead. ^_^

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.