Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What is/are your favourite book/s? - Minitokyo

What is/are your favourite book/s?

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 103 total items

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

Just want to know what everyone of you is reading - what's your favourite book/s is/are?

I'm talking about real books - so NO MANGAS here!

For me - I love to read Fantasy books where are girls the heroes =^.^= They are the best!

I also love to read good krimis or thrillers but not as much as I love to read good fantasybooks! *lol*

There are too many to list them all... ;P

I hate to read Vampire books they are all the same for me (and mostly remind me of Vampire Knight) - mostly I hate the Twilight series by Stepanie Meyr.. -_-

So now I want to hear from you - what's yours?

simply-5th-heirloom

simply-5th-heirloom

MT, welcome me 'cuz I'm BACK~

the clique series by lisi harrison...

they jst show me tht teen lyf

s full of emotions...

including d want 2 rule d scool...

it's been years . . . but MT's one and only Sim-chan IS BACK.

You say that you hate vampire related books, but I actually liked them... but not really for Twilight. haha :)
I enjoyed reading the Vampire Kisses series. It's, well, unique for me.
I want to read "A Walk to Remember", "The Notebook", "Message in a Bottle" and etc.
I like to read mostly romance :)

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

I like some humor novels xD

I just love humor after all =="

Hakuouki?Kimi ni Todoke?Akagami no Shirayukihime?etc.

I like Shoujo mangas and Bishies, but I don't read Yaoi & Yuri ^^?

0123xdc

0123xdc

?????

i like fantasy books really much, too :D
the Artemis Fowl-series by eoin colfer ist just awesome, read it!

I like Edgar Poe, Terry Pratchett, Rudy Rucker, William Gibson, Philip K. Dick...
Favorite book is Bible

I like some French authors belonging to the Realism movement : Balzac, Stendhal and Zola. Some of my favourite are the red and the black; Father Goriot and "Au bonheur des dames".
And also one book from Boris Vian : Foam of the daze for its dark humour and sad story.

Otherwise I like too fairy tales and Fantasy novels. I have read Queen's thief and I love Queen of Attolia. I am fond of the Chrestomanci serie too. But I am trying to read more of Haruki Murakami : Kafka on the shore was really surprising.

Signature

my fav are
*WITCHER by Andrzej Sapkowski <- this series is the best of long fantasy series!
*Angel Trilogy by Cassandra Clare
*Geisha of Gion by Iwasaki Mineko

and a lot of fantasy

Geisha of Gion by Iwasaki Mineko is 10

geisha
breaking dawn

Before Twlight came about to defenestrate the vampire genre, the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice were extremely good books...at least the first four.
(also, Dracula is fucking awesome 8)

If you like fantays series, I recommend A Song of Ice and Fire...adult and intense, astounding good prose and breathtaking rythm and twists...the writing it top-notch, the psychology of the characters absolutely amazing...
HBO is making a TV series about it, for next year (Sean Bean is in it! You know, Boromir!)

"Also, Russia liked America in the same way that little boys liked the ants they burnt on the sidewalks in the summer. Only with a little more pizzazz, and outer space." (or "why do they call this war cold, baby, when it's so hot between us?" xD. America/Russia in a nutshell)

"Is there just something in the water over here, that makes you guys every so often go 'fuck it, let's have a rumble?'. I'm not touching another one of your big, European, 'bring your friends' wars, like you're throwing a neighborhood potluck or something. It's not my job to ride in like the fucking cavalry every time you get into a jam." (America's thoughts on Europe, after the "well, that was pretty pointless" fiesta of WW1. From "The Chosen End")

The Great Gatsby
Catcher in the Rye
The Joy Luck Club
A Separate Peace
Catfish and Mandala

Anything by Agatha Christie =3

Agatha Chistie is very best for me.

pezdec

pezdec

v.ʕʘ‿ʘʔ.v

My favourite writer is Chuck Palahniuk and favorite book is The Catcher in the Rye

London bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down.
London bridge is falling down, my fair lady!

what is a book? i only understand visual novels and galges...

Fantasy ones!

Sci-Fi and fantasy

lenaelric

lenaelric

LOLZ !

Lightning Thief it's so cool! :D Everyone should read it :D

Tenko-san

Tenko-san

The Destiny Warrior

- The Hitchhikers Guide To the Universe series - Douglas Adam. Love the way he writes and tells the story, a lot of jibberish and very funny. I wish I could write like him.
- Musashi - Yoshikawa Eiji. Just awesome about the path of a samurai and life in general.
- Warhammer 40k novels. Bringing the table-top game to life.

comics and books related to anime or music

I like good thrillers and mystery books. My favorite is Relic from Preston&Child. Actually, I love all books from Preston&Child, I like their writing style and storylines.

Hm-m, I definitely like the Artemis Fowl series. Artemis just keeps amazing me somehow. Well, I'm more looking forward to see more of A-tan. Err, derp, no Hayate the Combat Butler, Minerva.

Other than that, Haruki Murakami. Kafka on the Shore was amazing, but the short story about making elephant ears in The Elephant Vanishes was really cute.

my favourite book is mangamania

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 103 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.