Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime from our Childhood - Minitokyo

Anime from our Childhood

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 55 total items

All we saw animes when we were young, or younger than you are now. Is there any that you still remember with affection?
I remember running from school to arrive at time for the beginning of Pollyana. There were also Heidi-Girl of the Alps and Tom Sawyer. I love them!

"BE DIFFERENT, BE YOURSELF
love yourself, kiss a stranger, touch the fire, look at the sunset, feel the wind, taste a tear, enjoy life..."

I remember the first anime I watched was Fushigi Yuugi :D I was like 11 or 12 and would record each episode when it came on TV. I think I watched Tokyo Mew-Mew on 4Kids TV too around then. I <3 them. Fruits Basket was one of the earliest series I watched too, and STILL my favorite >.<

first anime i watched was dragonball z on the television. the fight scenes seemed to take ten episodes each to finish though i didnt care at the time, cus it was so cool. we'd act it all out in the school yard, too, and i accidentally gave this other kid a massive nosebleed and had detention for a week.

ai-yame

ai-yame

<3 Iridescent <3

Nice series all of you have just shared. ^_^

As for me, I remember Miracle Girls (featuring the magical twins Tomomi and MIkage) being one of my first few anime series to have watched. I also enjoyed Yu Yu Hakusho, and even Princess Sarah. :D

I was around 6 or 7 when I couldn't wait to get home from school just to watch all those upon turning on the television. And then my grandma and other relatives would tell on me that I've been hogging that tv all to myself as I won't let them get a hold of the remote control. :))

Up until now I still enjoy re-watching those series whenever they're aired, and I could still well remember the spark I felt when I first watched them, and that spark would still ignite. Sounds cliche, I guess, but yeah... Amazing. XD

<3 It's too early for you to beat me. <3
Signature

symphonyofthewind

symphonyofthewind

Anything can happen

Sailor Moon is the first anime i watched. Uhm, ive seen it when i was 5 and i remember their "heart" best, it just a spotted with bright, and i thought our heart is the same like that

the world is like a mirror, if we face it smillin' , it smiles right back ^^Signature Image

Before I knew what anime was, I was always rushing home to sit down to Sailor Moon. It was so different from the shows that usually was on TV; I loved it. As I started to get into it more and more, the station suddenly stopped airing it. It was a sad day, indeed.

I am a vessel wrought with strife and regret, but I will not fear.

Sailor Moon was the 1st anime I seen as a kid. My two closer cousins and I would watch it together, and we would pretend to be like them (Ami *me*, Rei, and and Usagi) while playing outside. Yet, we weren't otakus back then cuz SM got cancelled suddenly..
DBZ grew our passion for anime, and we became otakus and artists. We still love Sailor Moon, regardless. <3

Marked by the outsider.Signature Image

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

Well... Does Cyber Six count? :3 I loved that cartoon so much. It just stood out from most of the tame, kiddish cartoons so much. And it was kinda based on anime.
Other than that.. Pokemon and Rurouni Kenshin and occasionally Hamtaro. XDD And also Doraemon and sometimes Crayon Shin Chan. I didn't like the last two as much though lol. I didn't even know they were anime back then. XD I was rather attracted to combat anime (especially if the ladies were fighting lol) even back then.

Sailor Moon was on but it was dubbed in Malay D: I don't like Malay Dubs much, the dialogue and voices are rather killed. .. I watched a lot of cartoons too lol, hardly anyone else watched the ones I did.

Hmm, ilufa, were those animes? I didn't know! I think I watched some of Heidi as well, and I read the picture book version for Tom Sawyer's sequel, Huckleberry Finn. XDD What was Pollyanna? It sounds really familiar.

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

In my era when I was growing up Pokemon was the thing back then. Everybody I Know has Pokemon!

weiss kruz(not sure w/ the spelling)
bubblegum crisis
magic night reyearth
hellteacher nube
master of mosquiton
fushigi yuugi
that's all i think

The first actual Anime I could remember watching as child was G-Force then came Robotech even though "Harmony Gold took 3 seperate japanese shows and put them into one series which I as a child loved I'm a big Macross and Gundam fan now but because of G-Force and Robotech I sought out more japanese anime and discoverd so much more I will alway's love Anime.

Quote by aozoraskiesHmm, ilufa, were those animes? I didn't know! I think I watched some of Heidi as well, and I read the picture book version for Tom Sawyer's sequel, Huckleberry Finn. XDD What was Pollyanna? It sounds really familiar.

Yes, they are! Back then I also didn't know it, I just loved to see them.
Heidi (intro) was one of the first works Isao Takahata and Hayao Miyazaki worked on (Isao Takahata and Hayao Miyazaki = co-heads of Studio Ghibli and directors of films like Castle in the Sky, Grave of the Fireflies, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and so on).
Tom Sawyer (intro)were relly good as well, but (at least on my contry TV network) it doesn't aired so many times as Heidi did.
Pollyanna (into), since I can remmenber, it only aired once and I missed The last episode T_T. I reallly, really wanted to see it again.

Quote by Luggernautfirst anime i watched was dragonball z on the television. the fight scenes seemed to take ten episodes each to finish though i didnt care at the time, cus it was so cool. we'd act it all out in the school yard, too, and i accidentally gave this other kid a massive nosebleed and had detention for a week.

Oh! So funny! Me and my friends also do it, but not with dragon ball characters, it was with Power Rangers... and I always endend being the vilian... Just don't know why...

I also saw Sailor Moon and Rurouni Kenshin! I love them!
And do you remmenber Little Women (intro) and Kaiketsu Zorro (intro)?

love yourself, kiss a stranger, touch the fire, look at the sunset, feel the wind, taste a tear, enjoy life..."

weiss kreuz
bubblegum crisis
magic night reyearth
hellteacher nube
master of mosquiton
fushigi yuugi
monster rancher
digimon
flame of recca
ghost fighter
neon genesis evangelion
cyborg kuru-chan
mojako

merged: 04-15-2011 ~ 07:56pm
rurouni kenshin

veeh4anime

veeh4anime

? KIRABOSHI

Sailormoon!

OYAKATA-SAMAAAAAAAAA!
Signature

Results 'till now:

Sailor Moon (intro) is winning with 5 votes (interesting to notice that this votes came from people all over the world ^_^)
Fushigi Yuugi (intro) along with Rurouni Kenshin (intro) takes the second place with 3 votes each.

Continue posting here the animes that were with us during our growing!

Nalataia

Nalataia

mein Herz, mein Verderben

Okay, my choices are: Digimon, Sailormoon and Captain Tsubasa.

Na na na na na na na na, ¡líder!
Signature Image

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Sailor Moon was my first anime before I even knew what anime was... (or subbing for that matter XD). Like Tavia-chan, I would come home from school and first thing I'd do would be to flip on the TV and watch. I had THE biggest crush on Tuxedo Mask back then... haha. Ah, the innocence of youth! XD

Signature Image

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

Sailor Moon and Cardcaptors (the Cartoon Network Versions) were some of the first ones I ever watched. But I think my favorites from my childhood are to this day Magic Knight Rayearth and Slayers.

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

shunyoo

shunyoo

-aNOther BODY-

Ronin Warriors - Extra early in the morning before school.
Project A-KO

Gather ye rose-buds while ye may,Old time is still aflying,And this same flower that smiles today,Tomorrow will be dying. Herrick

Digimon all the way <3
I used to like Dragonball Z alot too, Medabots, Megaman, Bakusou Kyoudai Let

Hi!
I was searching for 80s TV anime series and found this: World Masterpiece Theater. It was one project that produced anime series basead on classical ocidental books with an educational storyline. Heidi, Marco and Anne of Green Gables are some examples...
Recently they resumed this project and are making new animes. "Les Mis

Sailor Moon and Pokemon back in the day.

New Results:

Sailor Moon (intro2) continues leading (10 votes)
Digimon (intro) takes the 2nd place (4 votes)

And there are a huge draw to the 3rd place (3 votes)
Fushigi Yuugi (intro), Dragon Ball Z (intro), Pokemon (intro), Rurouni kenshin (intro2) and Magic Night Reyearth (intro)

Let's see what happen next :D

riho88riho

riho88riho

Lady Riho

Find it hilarious that there are so many "votes" or people from the Sailor Moon era. It's a little sad now when new people are breaking into anime at this time period they get so many awesome series with awesome art so that when/if they DO go back and look at SM, they think it childish, stupid, etc, when it really was awesome for its time ^-^

Personally, Sailor Moon got me into manga and DBZ got me into anime. But the main ones from my childhood memory growing up and into anime/manga was SM, DBZ, Pokemon, Digimon, and surprisingly Escaflowne (used to come on FOX Saturday mornings years ago... ah~~ memories).

detectiveconan katekyo-hitman-reborn vectory clamp-a-holic anime-fans-united
Signature

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 55 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.