Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Image quality control review - Minitokyo

Image quality control review

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Hi, seems the current image resolution control is a bit too harsh and not very balanced:

For comparison, there are images with resolution 1280*960 or above, but with file size as low as 200kb. But certain images with very high color and detail quality (like 800*600 JPEG image with 350+kb), are prevented from uploading. I think those images even when coming from lower resolutions, can be enlarged easily while retaining acceptable detail levels..

Can Mods consider switching image control policy to be based on size and resolution together?

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

hmmmmm... I know what you're getting at. Though, some images don't need to have supper high quality. If you've got a simple bg, you can lower the actual jpeg quality and not loose image quality, seeing as it doesn't need all that much colour in it.

Though, I have come across poor walls in wich after downloading, I had to give it a despeckle fiilter to fix it up. This is where we come in. If you happen to find a low quality wall, report it. Tell the mods that the quality leaves much to desire, and they'll take action (or not).

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Quote by Katzbalger This is where we come in.
If you happen to find a low quality wall, report it. Tell the mods that
the quality leaves much to desire, and they'll take action (or not).

I second that :D
that makes Sammo and Osi's works a lot easier..
For the submissions, it's up to the author, imho,... bigger file size means better perceptable image quality... but if they make it very small, then it would not be in anyone's favorite list... that simple...
Let the crowd judge... I think...that would be better..

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

The upload limit is 2mb.

As for quality, report and we'll handle it. Report if it's an effort question to... i.e. I crop a page from Chobits :For your eyes only artbook and the only difference is the size. Report those too. :nya:

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

Quote by NurikoAs for quality, report and we'll handle it. Report if it's an effort question to... i.e. I crop a page from Chobits :For your eyes only artbook and the only difference is the size. Report those too. :nya:

<lol> XD Gogo bulldozers!
Thanks for the heads-up. ^_~ *helps keep an eye out*

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.