Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Achievements Not Permanent? - Minitokyo

Achievements Not Permanent?

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Troyen

Lurker

Looks like the achievements are just a reflection of your current statistics. That's fine for most of them, but makes retaining some of them problemmatic.

For example, "Currently Watching" will go away if I finish all of the series I am currently watching. (It's also a bit difficult to get that one in the first place, since there's an understandable delay between when a series airs and when a series has enough art to make a tag for it, so some of the series I'm actually currently watching aren't in the database right now.)

Do you guys have plans to adjust the system so that once you earn an achievement, it sticks with you (unless it was earned through bad behavior, like spamming)?

Yamibou-Eve

Tagger

Yamibou-Eve

brace yourselves

This isn't really a bug report, it's more fitted for Minitokyo Discussions :)

I understand your point, but if it were too easy to get it wouldn't really be an achievement. XD
Besides it is imo the easiest achievement, I get that the lag from series airing to it getting a gallery can be frustrating, but that's why you only need 1 anime you are currently watching to get the max level.
The other achievements that can go lower over time are based on relative numbers, which is of course harder to keep but also more fun :)

Tags don't fix themselves or disappear just bc you removed them >> Report@Tag Administration | Tagging Practices | Tagging Guidelines
my-maidenclamp-a-holictag-liciousSignature Image

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

At this time achievements are intended to be a reflection of your current statistics. This is helpful when members who spam their way to a certain achievement get moderated.

Troyen

Lurker

Yeah, I understand for the number ones because moderations should count against you. For this case, it just seems weird to have a single level achievement come and go depending on a checkbox.

Sorry if this was the wrong forum, wasn't sure if it was an oversight or not.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I do miss the old system where every anime was in the database, but this new feature/achievement would be no fun now. I do wish I could help with uploading things, but I have no scanner and I'm don't have time to draw. maybe more will come along and supply more things. there's always the feature of going back through and watching your already watched. I'm always doing that myself. but with posting achievements it doesn't have to be spam, it can be posts such as these, takes longer to achieve achievements but that's the fun of it all :)

and if something is deleted, a post/other, then it doesn't stick with you, your achievement goes down x amount of numbers of deletion, so you can still lose that as well. others stick with you unless you delete them, like the profile one and so forth. these achievements are meant to encourage other forms of activity and free credits, they are a bonus to enjoying and being on the site. my opinion though :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.