Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 ANIMA- original + RO wallpaper - Minitokyo

ANIMA- original + RO wallpaper

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Tsunoh

Tsunoh

runs with cookies

I realized that after cropping and submitting to the main gallery, I am really too lazy to go back and edit and re-crop (OTL...... part of my personality) so here I am, Hi, Sandbox people!
this was done for a login screen contest on an RO server, which I think I lost, but nvm.

http://i.imgur.com/BAeRxl.jpg

I need crit on what to fix before submitting, but I also intend this thread to be a Q&A of sorts to go with my other thread Anime Wallpaper creation- a basic guide since this drawing has quite a few elements (eyes, wings, clouds, glowy thingers, etc.) I can clarify how each part was drawn; assuming anyone's interested, of course :D I will edit this post to index questions and answers.

Some elements in this wall that will stay:
1) Blur.
- Gaussian Blur and I are best buddies. Y U SEPARATE US? Kidding aside, I like the blur since I feel it adds movement and depth, so... the blur stays! Bear with me here.

2) Physics. (or absence of it)
- This is a compilation of characters and involves magic so perspective/impossibility does not apply.

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

Quote: this was done for a login screen contest on an RO server, which I think I lost, but nvm.

Don't tell me it's the lumina RO contest?

hm... I find the guy's hand (2nd from the right) somewhat stiff even how he stands. It's like he is somewhat like a square block unlike the one in the right most which doesn't look plain.

Signature Image

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Let's see...Asking for some critique...That's pretty rare coming from you. You characters look a bit better than they usually do but still lack quite a lot of realism.

From left to right:
Valkyrie kind of person: I know you're trying to give a bottomright/sideways perspective but the shape of the face is almost the same as you make someone from the side. You should try using the cheeklines and see how it should actually be.
Maid: Her pose looks a bit too stiff. I think it's mostly because of the shoulders. I know it tends to be difficult when you're trying to draw someone's arm inwards where the shoulder tends to be drawn bigger.
Evil Demonic Guy: His pose also looks a bit stiff. I honestly think his pose should be just as intimidating as his face. I think you should instead of putting him like this where I also have no idea what his left hand is doing there. Make him lean on his left arm that's leaning on his leg. Make sure his legs aren't together, it doesn't make him look as badass then.
Front line girl: Her legs aren't completely making sense in the female type of anatomy art for anime style. I do kind of think her right arm is okay, her left isn't completely correct. The rest is fine.
Guy with magic: I don't know what he should be doing...If he's trying to make the world go round and round, I think instead of making him completely from the side, give him some dimensional kick giving him perspective to make him seem interesting, not lame like he is now.

I screwed up your wall, but it might make things clearer:

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/4494/321a.th.jpg

I think the rest is basically fine. Work a bit on the feet...the colouring is perfect as usual but you can use some help on the anatomy. I'm sorry if things a little bit vague, I'll try my best to help out. It's just that I don't have a tablet and won't be able to help you out like I should have been able to.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

AnGeeChan

AnGeeChan

Mangaka

Hmm, the only thing that occured to me is making a better use of the huge source of light in the back. Make it affect the characters more. Of course they have to be kind of darkened since they are illuminated from the back, but I would add more light in some places just like you did with the blue-haired girl's shoulders. Especially on the maid's head or left arm and knees of the blonde guy in front. I think it will make the characters and their shapes more visible.

"Ah, dear God, if you really do exist
Watch over this child who will not give up"

Tsunoh

Tsunoh

runs with cookies

Ok, starting work on it!

@srsn
Nope, I don't play LuminaRO. This is for EssenceRO. As for the guy... you mean Aliot?

@Valuna
awesomely detailed crit :D The image doesn't work (404) but I'll edit the file based on what you wrote.

@AnGeeChan
Ahh, right, forgot about those areas. Thanks!

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

I would agree that I think more should be done with the lighting in the sky (as well as maybe the candles on the ground). Also, the sig seems a bit big to me, though I think the size would be alright if it blended a little more with the background. Overall, looks nice and I'm excited to see the final product! :)

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

The stiff one I'm reffering to is the one that has stretched arms with flames coming out from it. He looks somewhat stiff.

Signature Image

tsu :D
took a quick glance through previous comments and will try not to repeat what has already been said about the valkyrie's face and all that. gonna borrow valuna's terms for the characters.

maid: her shoulder should be shifted in towards her body (hence shortened). and i feel like her neck is a little funny, probably because it's not obvious that there's a tilt and it's really thin.

evil demonic guy: a more badass and less contorted pose aside, his face seems pretty big for his head size.

front line girl: her right upper arm is quite a bit shorter than her left. and then there's the leg thing. her left knee looks quite a bit higher than the right. and idk but when you're standing, i'd say your thigh would look thicker from the side than from the front if there is a noticeable difference at all, but her left thigh (side view) is skinnier than her right (front view).

guy with magic: his shoulders seem a bit too narrow and his right arm is too short for the torso length you've given him. his left arm being hidden by his torso would also suggest an awkward pose. his legs are a little awkward (i think part of it comes from the fact that his knees look like are turned slightly inward) and un-posed(?). he could, say, stand on a slightly elevated outcrop of rock with one foot, just so there's some sort of pose to it.

creepy twins: the really high pants are a little... xD; but that aside, i feel like you're trying to for a near-worm's-eye-view sort of perspective but from the way the upper bodies are draw, it doesn't look that way at all. the sum of that makes the legs seem too long and the shoulders too narrow.

generally...work some lighting/contrast magic to make the key characters pop a bit more. and i know you have hints of black outlines here and there. they don't bother me except for the red giant-nosed demon head thing -- there the black stood out because you used it to shade in the eyes and very back part of the jaw. makes that part seem slightly rough/unfinished?

Tsunoh

Tsunoh

runs with cookies

update?
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/308/f/1/essencero_login_screen_entry_by_tsunoh-d4f2j3x.jpg
ignore the block of text xD I'll remove it for the wallpaper versions.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Since this is now in the gallery, I will close this thread. Thanks for participating everyone! This is the epitome of what a Sandbox thread should look like. ^_^

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.