Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 my first wallpaper - Minitokyo

my first wallpaper

Tagged under Mashiroiro Symphony

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

hello everyone!

i want your opinion on this wallpaper before i upload it

http://www.imageups.com/img/uploads/big/ad44fa289d.jpg

looking forward to your advice ^^ and thanks in advance!

Edit: pictures used on the making of this wallpaper
here:
Mashiroiro Symphony#509901

and
Mashiroiro Symphony - Kokonobi

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

wow...
this is great wallpaper...
:)

um, you can upload it...
i think it's perfect

^-^

I can't be the best without you by my side, back07
Signature

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

"Fate, up against your will."

I disagree; it's not refined enough to be submitted. I suggesting finding something else for your background - try working with textures and brushes, or even find other scans and placing the character in an appropriate environment/setting.

Also, the character in full opacity - while the scan isn't in bad quality, the extraction needs some work. Try looking up tutorials on more effectively extracting images, and look out for jagged lines, there's many on the scan. This would look a lot better with crisp lines.

I might've pointed out a few things, but with a determination and extra work, this'll turn into a greater wallpaper. One last thing, it would be very helpful if along the way you posted links to the pictures/resources that you utilize. :)

Good luck!

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

Please upload/ place the link to all the images that you've used, this way we'd have a clear view of how much was made and what can still be improved. Thanks!
If I am correct this is one of your scan source: http://www.zerochan.net/786162 but where's the other girl?

Ok onto the wallpaper description.
I think overall , it is ok for me, coz it doesn't looked ghosted on the part of the bigger character, but what is bothering me is the character on the right side. It's not cleaned properly. There are many jagged lines on the left side especially on the hair and there are white parts on the right side of the hair. The character is kinda rough, like it is not refined.
Take a look at this wallpaper for example
Over Troubled Waters by Kitaan
Over Troubled Waters by Kitaan

taken from this scan

Chocolate Shop#521564

This is an example of an extracted character wallpaper. Look at how clean and refined the character is in the wallpaper compared to the scan source. If you're wondering how to clean it, I think you might want to paint it a bit to refine some parts or look for a scan that has a higher quality.

PS. you might want to check this thread for wallpaper tips http://forum.minitokyo.net/t71606 --> It's very useful.

Keep it Up!

Signature Image

first of all, i want to say thank you for all your comments ^^

i agree with you: the image on the right must be improved ( couldnt work more on it as it was 2 am in my country Y-Y )

AND... here are the links ^^ :

Mashiroiro Symphony#509901

and
Mashiroiro Symphony - Kokonobi

i guess my big mistake was erasing the background AFTER resizing the image (erased everything using my genius f610)... i dont have very good 'editing skills' (wonder if its said like that in english ^^'') (dont even know what a 'vector' is or how 'vector art' works) but if i want this wallpaper to be a good one, ill try my best ^^

hope to get some free time to continue working on this as soon as possible =D gotta leave to work! ^^''

please look forward to it ^^

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

Here are some useful links to learn vectoring
LINK1
LINK2

Hope that helps!

Signature Image

espada001

espada001

Malik

The idea is good but needs some work
for extracting characters it's always Bad to use magic eraser it leaves traces and jagged lines which is not good (at first it got some of my wall deleted)
My advice is simple USE THE PEN TOOL, yes it takes some time but it gives better result, now i use the pen tool for almost EVERYTHING cause it's good
You can also try to vector the character or even ask for someone to do it for you
I see srsn gave you some good links for vectoring

hope i've been help
EDIT
Extracting Tutorial

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path,
And don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest

DarkoJovanov

DarkoJovanov

Art is Universe,Universe is Art!

It is nice,maybe more colouring on the background like others have said before uploading it,just one question:What program do you use?^^

@Darkojavanov Uhmm... fireworks cs3... i find it easy to use ^^ compared to sai or photoshop cs3...
ive used sai a few times but just to draw some sketchs with my genius f610 (without coloring)

offtopic:
wait... here's my last (and first) colored work on sai: http://www.imageups.com/img/uploads/big/08f0b77854.jpg (finished 5 moths ago)

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

I agree there is a bit of a grainy look on the character image to the right so that needs to be worked on. Also the background doesn't fit too well, try using other options for your background. You could even upload those here on the Sandbox as well for additional help.^^

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

Well the latest link you've posted looks ok to me, but it should be submitted as Indy Art ofc.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.