Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MT wallers, attention please - Minitokyo

MT wallers, attention please

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 82 total items

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

A.A.A. Free Time Searching

Yah, in fact it's the main thing that disappoint me, too :) I mean, if the two members of Zerochan just ask me or give a properly credit to me in their descriptions, I wouldn't be so upset :( Thanks anyway for help ^_^
Anyway I'll inform Felesya and ArtificialRaindrop, or have you just done that, too Ao? XD

evelluchia

evelluchia

Lu-Lu the friendship officer

ccording to the DMCA copyright laws if you credit the original designer of the used art work in your own art work you have full rites to your work (i checked it out) the site in question only says that to detur user from placing ripping clames you should all report that the works are yourse all the original artists are open to fan art and incurage it but taking another persons fan art and calling it your own is just wrong

??????
Signature
become a member of minitokyos newest happy family HERE
join the group web site HERE

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

@luchia: yah, luchia I'm okey with you :) But for example, I'm pretty sure that in Italy is different...the problem is that there isn't an "international" law, or better I don't knwo about this, and the most of people it's like me and there are some genius like this around the world :http://wp-b.com/tag/%D0%B1%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BA%D0%B8/
He/she takes wallpaper and put in it his signature ._______. I'm pretty sure that one is from Ciloue...

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

@Raffa: I haven't, I'll leave the honours to you, if you don't mind. :P And you're welcomed!

The 'badge' thing is a bit "GAHHHH" to me too since I thought it would be common sense for MT walls but ah well. Credit and keeping signatures on is lovely <3.

I've never seen any picture on Zerochan that was asked from the creator, btw. Not sure if Morrow's vectors on Zerochan were approved by her/himself, though I think he/she is aware of them...

@Sol: Rapscallion - such a fancy word. And I do so love the crediting bit about Zerochan. *fills up their tag thread*
...And yeah, I'm going off-topic, sorry. For the record, still no reply about DMCA. :3

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

Zerochan is really good about removing wallpapers/vectors that are reported. I'm on ZC daily,usually a good majority of the day too..lol and have reported a few vectors/walls that have been removed. I have seen a few walls there with the sigs removed and they are usually taken care of right away after being reported but the majority there have the sigs left on. But still if you report the vectors as usually they are downsized there they will be removed.Also yes if someone requests for their own work to be removed there they will be taken down.

Also still no reply from the lumberjack person at desktop nexus and hes been on the last hour. *continues to stalk*

Edited: Just after I posted this I went back and found a PM from him..

lumber_jacck 21 Minutes Ago
I will remove them now, I'm sorry.

evelluchia

evelluchia

zerochan i find doesent have discription on any of their images (though i post them on mine in the comments area) MT and ZC are both pretty good with removing ripped works and also any reported works im on MT,ZC,pixiv,and DA they all if reported are pretty good at dealing with it DA is very stricked when it comes to ripping and copyrite if your caught your banned first thing pixiv is the same bot theres many other sites that done care

??????
Signature

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

@@@ Raffa
You know, what you said is true, we do use other artists work in wallapapers, but there's a difference in doing something for fun, or for the purpose of learning and further on trying your own art, giving full credit to the artist and not claiming as your own, than those people who, use all the hard work we put in these wallpapers for money or for the sake of being popular on the interwebs. I think Nysha pointed out many time some merchandise on the net with her walls on it. Tell me now, who's stealing.

Rizacaga: Tina, Tina tell Sungmin to get Kyu's pants for me pleaseee.
My milkshake brings Saber to my bathtub.

evelluchia

evelluchia

another well said point the thing is as long as you credit the original artist for the use of their character in your own work its ok to use it but by crediting the artist of the character that doesent meen that the wallpaper/vector or what ever the work is is not yours and by taking the works and selling them for profit thats now in violation of all copy rite laws (you need a licence from the original companey in order to sell the art produced by them) but for us (the people who make these wallpaers and art for the enjoyment of doing it and just to show our love for the characters and anime we all watch/read/play there is not leagal infringlent going on as long as credit is given ware credit is due

??????
Signature

Ok so I got another pm from the person, he did remove my walls and a few others. But he said this to me: *eye roll*

I meant no harm, I removed the signatures for the wallpapers to look better.
I would remove them all, but I have over 1000 and it would take too long... I would remove them all at once, but there is no such button.

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

AHAHAHHA, seriously? Seems signatures are in the way.

I laughed.

Rizacaga: Tina, Tina tell Sungmin to get Kyu's pants for me pleaseee.
My milkshake brings Saber to my bathtub.

evelluchia

evelluchia

that site actually has no leagal rite to request personal information they have no DMCA licence to inflict on anyone actually that site is known to be one of the biggest copywrite infringers on the net (anime and manga when it comes to copywrite doesent fall under US copywrite laws if not licenced in the US the DMCA is a US copywrite act and its also applicable to canada but it doe NOT apply to non licenced anime and manga so that site actually is trying to say to you that all anime and manga is under US copy write laws ware its not only the ones licenced for US thus the DMCA act is null and void when it comes to other matereal thats not licenced or the copywrite is not held my anything or anyone in the US or ware the dmca is inforced these works are under japanese copywrite law they have no write to say anything and the funny thing is since MT,ZC,DA and so many other sites hold copywrites to their site they also hold the copy write to ALL content thus if any art displaed and shared on these sites is taken with out permition by someone other then the original work maker are infringing on MTs copy write or any site ware that artist has uploaded their work

that site is 100% in the wrong for allowing the works from with sites to be uploaded to their site they ARE commiting a major copy write infringment and if brought up to the rite athorities can be shut down forcefully for commiting this crime

??????
Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Quote by MibelleOk so I got another pm from the person, he did remove my walls and a few others. But he said this to me: *eye roll*

I meant no harm, I removed the signatures for the wallpapers to look better.
I would remove them all, but I have over 1000 and it would take too long... I would remove them all at once, but there is no such button.

...Now, this is interesting, indeed. I also got a reply from him on DN and it went (and I quote):

Posted by lumber_jacck 2 Hours Ago
Lol... why do you attack me? I do NOT rip! I take and share! I never said they are my work lol! But ok, I'm not uploading anymore wallpapers. Why do you think I am uploading? For the people that see them, to like them and download them! Not for me, not for my "glory" or whatever you think... But no problem, I won't upload anything anymore... let the "artists" upload their original work themselves! I was trying to do something good.

.......I'm honestly too flabbergasted right now by this person's ignorance (or stupidity, not sure which comes first) - he doesn't rip but he TAKES and REMOVES the signatures...oh, and he SHARES. I just...I don't even......

Signature

evelluchia

evelluchia

oh wow this is getting to be so funny hehe XD he actually expects people to beleve what he says if he was just sharing he would have left it as it was and credited the original artists and even said why he like the work

what a poor excuse

??????
Signature

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

"Fate, up against your will."

@alenas - Reminds me of someone on DeviantART that I confronted about posting artwork that was ripped. He was pretty angry, because I wasn't the only one who'd pointed out his wrongdoings. He gave the same story, but he had the gull to call it "free advertising" - which was moronic because he never listed the artists or posted any source links. I've no idea where these idiots are coming from, or why people don't think it's necessary to credit the people who work hard to make awesome graphics and wallpapers.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

@Sol: Oh I remember that. "guys stop commenting, fine this belongs to some dude Kagamine" rofl. Advertiser doesn't know what product he's advertising. /D

Are those people serious about thinking they do good by removing signatures? xDD amazing~
Well, we're happy to upload our works by ourselves, thank you very much for your SHARING, Mr. Lumberjaack. lawl

@Evelluchia: I pretty much was wondering how a USA law would help with this lol. Seems to be kind of handwaving there.

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

OK I received a reply from lumberjacck in my personal email since I emailed him personally in his yahoo mail (gosh I'm like a stalker) If you guys wanna email him personally, please no uhm bashing? take it in a civil manner (not like I'm that civil when it comes to these)

Quote: I'm sorry, I really meant no harm... I just wanted to share your work... I've done this many times... they should delete all my accounts on DesktopNexus and AnimePaper if I did any harm... I did not mean to steal; I just took and shared. And I removed the signature because I wanted the wallpaper to be nicer. I'm sorry again, I will remove it now.

"removed the signature to make it look nicer" -- WTH!?

Hmm I've read about zerochan, wait why is that site also getting dragged in here? It's MT's sister site and I know that. It's more or less an image board but our sigs are not ripped, the only problem I can see in there is that people will be able to freely download our works >.>

BTW since I received a reply from lumberjacck and he says that he has too many walls to remove and can't remove them at once, I would like to help this person remove the wallpapers by linking all of them in email, unless you guys want to do it on your own? If you guys don't want your walls posted by him, please reply in this thread so that I can email him directly. (We don't really want to see spam in our emails now do we? Same goes for the other party). Of course, walls that have their signature removed will be automatically sent to his email once I spotted them. So I'll be compiling them in one go.

ALSO guys, are you ok when he posts your work but WITH SIGNATURE still in there?

LIST of people will be placed on the the first post. Kindly inform other wallers, also on the part ^

Signature Image

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

It's awesome that we're seeing some good progress here and having them taken down. Personally, like you, I don't mind my work being re-posted - just as long as my credits remain intact.

Whoa, 65 pages of submitted items! The anime wallpapers start at page 59 though - that's a lot of things to search up, ;A; none of my items are there, but I have some free time to help if it's needed.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

@Sol: I'll ask for help once I saw the list of wallers who would like them to be taken care of.

Signature Image

evelluchia

evelluchia

US law has alot of things lissing its more like swiss cheese really the US laws are very poor when it comes to international things (its like they only care about them selves) i dont meen this about the population i meen about the laws in that cuntry

these ripping things are getting annoying

??????
Signature

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

Quote by Tina18@@@ Raffa
You know, what you said is true, we do use other artists work in wallapapers, but there's a difference in doing something for fun, or for the purpose of learning and further on trying your own art, giving full credit to the artist and not claiming as your own, than those people who, use all the hard work we put in these wallpapers for money or for the sake of being popular on the interwebs. I think Nysha pointed out many time some merchandise on the net with her walls on it. Tell me now, who's stealing.

Sorry Tina, probably i don't explain me well >.<
I never say that what we do is the same of these thieves do or we "steal" other works, or I didn't do wallpapers if I think like this :)

I only said that about "law copyrights" the problem is the same, because the law don't care about the "why" you did it, but OBVIOUSLY an artistic and hard work made for fun, can't be compared with someone that simply steals your work and claim it like hers/his >.<
I wrote it in my post, too but I didn't emphasize it well I suppose...

Sorry again, really you misunderstoond me ç_ç

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2531/allthethingsmemegenerat.jpg

Signature

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

Quote by srsn@Sol: I'll ask for help once I saw the list of wallers who would like them to be taken care of.

M'kay! :)

@Osiris - ---->x

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

*Blearily lifts head from arms* *Goes to last comment*

Oh Osiris. Batting for the other team. How could you.

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

I just noticed that it's not just lumber_jacck
there is also this user named Ansemwiseman - worst, he even cropped the wallpaper into an inapproopriate resolution size. I'll try PMing him
http://my.desktopnexus.com/Ansemwiseman/

we also have an ansemwiseman here but he hasn't been online already I dunno if he is the same person.

PS the only wall I didn't find in that website is sjades. LOL for having a sig that is across the wallpaper.

Signature Image

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 82 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.