Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MT-Maigetsu: Issue No. 35 - Minitokyo

MT-Maigetsu: Issue No. 35

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Mt-Maigetsu

Administrator

Mt-Maigetsu

Fillling you in on the latest.

Mt-Maigetsu: Issue No 35
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98/MT-Maigetsu/Alenas/mtm_issue35_Vday.png
This month's banner was made by alenas.

CONTENTS

A/ What's New in Minitokyo:
Wintry Wonderland II!
B/ Mai-chan's Mail bag!
No mail! D:
C/ The MT Planet
Join us for the adventures of The Sheqel and his companions!
D/ Mod Life
The life of a MT Mod~ hiatus
E/ Member Comics
A special one-shot from ndox900!
F/ Play That Funky Music!
I fell in love with my Best Friend~
G/ Anime Spotlight
Searching for the Full Moon~
H/ Get to Know Your MT Staff!
All hail the Dark Lord, Alan Rickman, a super awesome Serpent!
I/ Featured Members
Recognition for our un-official greeter!
J/ Staff Picks
Artwork that deserves more love!
K/Competitions and Projects
Are you missing out on the fun? Join in :D
L/ Group Ads
Looking for a new group to join, or to make new friends?
M/ Have your say!
Mai-chan loves to feel loved!
N/ The Usual Stuff
The enlightening links to Minitokyo Zen-dom...
------

A/ RECENTLY IN MINITOKYO...
By fireflywishes

CONTEST: Wintry Wonderland II

**3 day extension for Wintry Wonderland II submissions!**
In the meantime, take a look at all of the entries that we received and stay tuned for the voting thread!

WALLPAPERS
http://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/43/25/566293.jpghttp://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/16/35/566766.jpghttp://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/17/19/570967.jpg http://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/13/48/572413.jpg http://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/40/02/572640.jpg http://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/29/02/572629.jpg

INDY-ART
http://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/03/34/564203.jpghttp://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/12/19/565962.jpghttp://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/11/38/566911.jpghttp://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/24/40/567024.jpghttp://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/16/19/568466.jpghttp://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/27/41/569577.jpghttp://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/24/00/570024.jpg http://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/35/47/572385.jpg

------

B/ MAI-CHAN'S MAILBAG

No mail! D:

------

C/THE MT PLANET
Written by alenas, SolenmSerpent, and SnickerdoodleNinja.

Disclaimer: This story is a way of re-interpreting concepts already present in Doctor Who. This story is for fun and sharing but obviously not for profit.

What if we told you that Sheqel wasn't just the administrator of Minitokyo, but he was actually another being from a far off part of the universe?
That he went on fantastic adventures for many years, until he finally decided to settle down and create a community called Minitokyo?
With his sonic keyboard and mouse, he maintains swift and stern justice against bugs and glitches to maintain the balance and harmony of MInitokyo.

-----
Playing Tag on the Tag-Licious planet

So far, it’s just another day at MT and nothing exciting seems to be happening. Well, besides the attack of the Flying Spaghetti Monster but that's besides the point. Anyway, let’s be lurkers and watch Ginger and Trevor anyways, trololol~

Ginger: *sings* Trolololololol.....
*Trevor approaches, also singing*
Trevor: Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down….
Ginger: Trevor, what ARE you singing?
Trevor: You’ve just been Rick-rolled, my friend! Now, to continue…Never gonna run around and-
Ginger: That’s enough! No more, please.
Trevor: Well excuse me, princess! You weren’t even singing real words!
Ginger: Whatever. Isn’t this supposed to be a Doctor Who spiff anyway? Why are we singing random Youtube hits?
Trevor: Hmm, true, you might be on to something there... Well, I was thinking that today we should pay a visit to Tag-Licious, a world you’ve absolutely never heard of!
Ginger: …
Trevor: ….Uh, Ginger? Hey Ginger, you're supposed to be all in awe now and ask about it…
Ginger: ………………………………………
Trevor: *waves a hand* Ginger! MT to Ginger! This is where you ask some question about Tag-Licious since you’ve never heard of it.
Ginger: *pouts* No! I refuse! Why do I always get the same old naïve, transition questions? Do the writers think I’m just some sort of convenient plot device!? Well, explain yourselves, Snicker, alenas, and Sol-
Snicker: *snickers*
Alenas: *sips tea*
Sol: *ogles ecchi Snape pictures*
Ginger: Why, you RUDE PEOPL-
Trevor: Stop, stop STOP! The fourth wall can’t take much more of this before it breaks! You can take up your complaints with the writers later. But for now, since you won’t ask and we can't allow any plot holes to open - Tag-Licious is the world dedicated to tagging, a system which allows us to sort all of our important items by various categories and topics. It’ll be really handy to know the system if you still intend to get into walling!
Ginger: I’m still not sure…
Trevor: They have cookies there and are willing to share~
Ginger: *sparkles* Alright, I’m there! So, are we going to take the TARDIS this time, too?
Trevor: You know, I was thinking that maybe we should just walk this time around. Get back in shape, stretch legs, get buffed-
Ginger: The Sheqel restricted your access to the TARDIS after you stole it last time, didn’t he?
Trevor: ...Oh, just twist the knife in the wound and rub it in, why don’t you? Now, let’s start walking.

*as the two walk*

Ginger: Hey Trevor, I’ve been wondering, which one of us is the straight man and which one is the funny man?
Trevor: I’m definitely the straight man. You’re the one who always has to ask questions and say otherwise silly things.
Ginger: No way! I’m the only sane one from what I can see around here. Oh, wait, I know! Trevor, you may think you’re the boss, but you’re really just one of The Sheqel’s companions, and from what I can tell, you don’t do anything besides give me tour guides. You’re the robot dog!
Trevor: *splutters* Am not! I do cool things too, you know-I just can’t tell you because this chapter isn’t about me. But whatever, looks like we’re already here.

*Ginger stares in wonderment at Tag-Licious, and the two step into the main office*

Trevor: Dofranibou! Oi, Dofranibou, where are you?
Dofranibou: *gnom gnoms on cookies* Hold your horses, I'm coming! Oh, hey Trevor! What’s up?
Trevor: Well you see, my friend Ginger here needs to learn some more information about tagging before she submits her first wallpaper and I thought that you as the tag mod would be the best person for it.
*Ginger eyes Dofranibou suspiciously*
*Dofranibou squints back*
Dofranibou: Uh...sure, I don’t mind helping, but…why is she staring at me like that?
Trevor: Probably because I promised her cookies. Mind sharing?
Dofranibou: MY COOKIES! Get your own, you cookie hogger, you do this every time you come here.
Ginger: These mods sure seem to be protective of their food…
Dofranibou: Hey, they don't really feed us here, we take what we get.
Trevor: Uh, yes, well...it can’t be helped. Anyhow-

*Sirens go off, and the alarm system screams 'CODE RED! CODE RED'!*

Dofranibou: Just lovely. Looks like they got out. Yo Jackie, come here! Do you guys mind helping my assistant take care of this? I would handle it myself, but I’m currently needed in the Tag Administration Thread to help create and modify tags.
Trevor: Sure, leave it to us! Now, where’s Jackie?

*Blonde woman walks in*

Jackie: What’s up with this annoyin' siren? You’d think there was some sort of crisis or somethin'. And uh, my ears ar' ringin'.
Dofranibou: It’s a code red, Jackie. Hence the screaming “CODE RED” alarm.
Trevor: How did she get hired if she can’t figure out a screaming alarm?
Dofranibou: Her daughter dated Doc Sheqel for a long time, and Sheqel and Jackie don’t really get along, but we kinda had no choice. Still, don’t underestimate her, she can be pretty...fierce.
Jackie: I’m standin' right her', and I can HEAR you, you know! Now tell me, are these people comin' with me or somethin'?
Dofranibou: Yes, if you two don’t mind…you see, Jackie’s still fairly new, and I think she could use some extra hands containing them. Not to mention Ginger can learn some tagging tips.
Trevor: Sure thing! Let’s get going, you guys!

*The three set out*

Ginger: Hey, what is this “they” that everyone keeps talking about?
Jackie: The Weepin' Angels.
Ginger: Wait, those creepy-looking statues? Umm, I’m pretty sure those don’t move. How can they have gotten out?
Jackie: These Weepin' Angels are special. When a person is practicin' good taggin' or lookin' at them without blinkin', they’re stone still! Hey, did you get that, that was a pun, cause you know, they’re literally made out of stone an'-
Trevor: AHEM.
Jackie: Fine, be that way. Anyways, when people practice bad taggin' - you know, like forgettin' to add commas between tags, creatin' tags for themes that already exist, makin' tags but not reportin' them in the Tag Admin Thread, an' so on - they move lightnin'-fast and unhinge their jaws and sharp teeth and grab you and - well, you get the idea. They usually act as a sort of taggin' police force for us, but when members make incredibly bad taggin' mistakes, they go completely bonkers for some reason and we have to get them back before they petrify the whole Universe.
Ginger: They sound awful…
Trevor: Don’t worry; you have nothing to fear as long as you’ve been a good tagger.
Ginger: Ohh...About that…you see, I might have created a tag for fluffy bunny pajamas and then forgotten to report it in the Tag Admin Thread….
Trevor: ...I’m going to forgo asking why in the world you made a “fluffy bunny pajamas” tag in the first place and move on to something more important: Ginger, I suggest you turn around before that Angel behind you gets you.

*Ginger spins around to find a Weeping Angel, teeth bared, right behind her*

Ginger: GAAAH! IT'S SO CLOSE! What do I do? How am I supposed to stop it?!
Trevor: Don’t look away from it, and definitely don’t blink. It can only move when you’re not looking at it.
Ginger: But that doesn’t explain how I get rid of it!
Jackie: Report your tag this instant, and make sure you follow the format at the top of the thread - that should make it docile, or at least less hostile enough to stop chasin' you. Then it’ll move on.

*Ginger feverishly reports tag, and Weeping Angel begins to move on*

Jackie: Oh no you don’t you, you giant block of concrete! No one punishes bad taggers without Jackie’s permission! DON’T MAKE ME SLAP YOU SILLY!

*Weeping Angel cowers in fear of fierce Jackie, and decides to head back home*

Jackie: That’s what I thought! Get your sorry self back home!
Trevor: My goodness, she scared the Angel off with sheer will power and shouting. I’m starting to understand why you got hired, as well as why The Sheqel wouldn’t want you as a mother-in-law…
Jackie: *stares* Excuse me?
Trevor: Err, nothing! Wow, look at the time, let’s be getting back to Dofranibou…

*back at Dofranibou's office*

Dofranibou: Good, good! I’m glad those things aren’t out of control anymore. We need them for bad taggers, but they tend to attack anyone they see when they get let out at the wrong times.
Ginger: Whew! Glad that’s over! And now I’ve learned oh so much about tagging.
Trevor: We should probably be getting back now, too...lest Sheqel restricts my movements completely... *shudders*
Ginger: Oh, yeah, you’re right! Well, Dofranibou and Jackie, thanks for everything! Guess we’ll see you later.
Jackie: *waves* Be good now, darlings!
Dofranibou: Bai! Oh, and Ginger, just a friendly warning - don't make any more tags without reporting them or I’ll have to eat you, ‘kay?
Ginger: *shudders* She's eating humans, too? She’s kidding, right?
Trevor: Did you not see the giant forks when we walked in? You think that was ketchup residue on them?
Dofranibou: Mmm, I could go for a crispy bad tagger right now-
Ginger: O__O W-w-we’ll be going now! Bye!

*the two hurriedly scurry home*

*meanwhile, at the small office somewhere in the hidden, forgotten corner of the MT-Verse*

Snicker: *snickers* Ahh, that was fun! Did you see her face when she saw the giant forks?
Alenas: Now, that was a stroke of genius, Snicker. *sips tea*
Sol: Hey, hey, I have an idea - next time, let's scare her out of her wits by making her 'accidentally' fall into the Satan pit and see how she loses her sanity, muahahaha~
Snicker: .....
Alenas: *stares*
Sol: ...ah, too extreme? Okay, fine, we can do 'the boring' and just let the Daleks chase her.
Snicker and Alenas: .....
Sol: ...whaaat? Geez, you guys have NO evil imagination, whatsoever. *goes back to ogling ecchi pictures of Snape*

Conveniently Snatched Narrator: Why, wasn't that absolutely educational? Hilarious, too! Don't forget to join us next time, in another exciting and nerve-wrecking episode of MT Planet!

------

D/ MOD LIFE
Brought to you by CyanideBlizzard!

Unfortunately, Cy has fallen ill, so no comic this month! Instead be sure to wish him a speedy recovery into good health!
------

E/ MEMBER COMICS!
Brought to you this month by ndox900!

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98/MT-Maigetsu/th_comiccopy.jpg
------

F/ PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC!
Brought to you this month by Aiira!

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98/MT-Maigetsu/aiira/2712268870-1.jpg

*squeeee*

Happy Valentines Day to all MT Members (I'll be spending my Valentines Day Alone) Aiira is lonely T_T

Anyways enough with my loneliness and let's get on with the MTM for February. Frequent Youtubers should have heard this song already, if not then go and search it.

A little bit of history, when this song was released my sister kept playing it whenever she's home (which is rare) I never really paid attention the song since I thought it was kind of repetitive, but after listening to the song a few more times it isn't repetitive actually. The song has it's own charm and it separates itself from the usual American R&B track, it has a bit of a distinct Eastern music sound. (If you get what I mean)

Jason Chen is one of the most recognized Youtube singers out there in the net. He has collaborated with other Youtube personalities and has released many cover songs, not only English but he has also released a few songs in Chinese. He's most famous covers are titled Perfect with Cathy Nguyen, Fairy Tale with J Rice & Best Long Song with Joseph Vincent. Although Jason has released many covers, the three mentioned are the one who had passed the one million view and a few other covers.

Enough babbling and let's get on with the actual song Best Friend

Best Friend is the latest song Jason has released, the song was sang & written by him also. A talent that should not be denied. The Music Video starts out with Jason rummaging through his clothes and he stumbled upon an old video-tape. That is when the real Music Video starts. The song talks about a one-sided love, as two bestfriends a female and a male starts learning to be more than just friends, though the guy has taken more chance it would seem that it would end in a bad note, but a few twist here and there and you get a happily ever after. Accompanied by drum beats & piano (Aiira could not tell what other instruments we're used), the song creates a melody that could be use over and over again that listeners wouldn't get tired of. A perfect song for Valentines Day!

A Chinese Version of the song was also released, though nothing beats the original. So without further ado! Check it out.

Jason Chen: Bestfriend

So what did you think of it? Are you gonna listen to his songs & covers now or are you still comtemplating wether to buy the song and play it in your iPod?

-----
If you have a J-Pop/K-Pop band/singer that you think deserves a spotlight, please send Aiira a message. Honestly, I have been lacking in the music section lately due to ridiculous school & work schedule. HELP ME!
------

G/ ANIME SPOTLIGHT
Written by srsn. Banner by SolemnSerpent

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98/MT-Maigetsu/SolenmSerpent/fullmoonbanner.png
Ok This is an old anime but still I'm gonna write something about it coz it really made me cry...

The story of Full Moon O Sagashite is very unique. Sure that it falls under the magical shoujo, typical idol-singer genre, but there existed an aura, an unmistakable atmosphere that persisted throughout the show—There’s a build up of emotions waiting to explode, and it felt like a time bomb the entire time. This definitely cannot be considered the normal stereotypical anime, regardless of what it may seem initially. It also has its own share of drama and slice of life theme – exploring life and death that adds up to the twists and turns of the story, making it a somewhat deep-themed , but not a complex kind of anime.

Comprising of 52 episodes, I can’t say that it has an excellent pacing because there are some filler episodes. It started slow, but gradually develops thoroughly as the series progresses. It definitely has a HUGE plot twists, around ¾ , that turns up the drama to really high levels. For every cute and funny scenes, there is an equivalent sad and emotional scene. It’s amazing how Full Moon pulls off both comedic and dramatic elements at the same time. It doesn’t go from a happy, goofy anime to a depressing drama with little transition, but rather the change in the mood/ genre is very smooth. As the series comes to an end, the mixed emotions accumulated throughout the anime blooms into an ending that is far from what you can expect. Honestly, it’s one of the best endings for an anime in its genre.

When it comes to art and animation, it seem to fall between mediocrity and excellent. The character designs are cute and nicely done. The voice acting matches each character perfectly, and the music is downright awesome and addicting. Both 2 OP songs are upbeat while the ED songs are mellow. One minor quirk is that youn might get tired of hearing the same songs in the anime over and over again.

The characters are what make this series stand out. At first, they start out very stereotypical and generic. Mitsuki, who leads a boring life and has a throat cancer, uses music to escape from the harsh world she lives in. takuto starts off as an antisocial and rude guy, unwilling to help Mitsuki achieve her dream, and Meroko, is clingy to Takuto and wants him all for herself. But as the series unfold, they slowly emerge into amazing characters with intricate and delicate relationships. One notable factor is that there remains no antagonist throughout the anime. The fact that the characters drove the entire series without a central villain speaks volumes.

Full Moon o Sagashite is an anime that is not afraid to tug at your emotions. I can say that it’s an anime that won’t be outdated. I highly recommend this emotionally powerful anime to those who are looking for a different and unpredictable magical shoujo and idol-singer themed anime with well rounded characters coupled with superb soundtrack. Definitely a unique classic series that is a must see for people of all ages.

-----

H/ GET TO KNOW YOUR MT STAFF
This month we bring you an interview with SolemnSerpent!
This month's interview was conducted by SnickerdoodleNinja

--------------
Snicker: What part of MT do you enjoy working with most?
Sol:There's so many parts of MT that I visit and check out, but I really like sticking to the scan and wallpaper sections, because there's so many items I can report, organize, and favorite. Working with reporting however, is my all-time favorite.

Snicker: In wallpapers and scans, what are the most common things you see items get reported for?
Sol: It's different for each gallery - wallpapers usually get reported for lack of signatures, poor image extraction/enlarged elements, or for utilizing Pixiv artwork without permission. Scans get reported for duplicates, poor filtering & scanning, and also, like wallpapers, if it contains unscanned, unofficial Pixiv artwork (or ripped artwork from any other website/source).

Snicker: What's your favorite part of being an elite member?
Sol: So many things! Being able to actively participate/help MT, with magical wizard-like powers is fantastic. Shortly after being promoted, I started to adore tagging much more, since I could help correct + create/merge them - and it's become one of my favorite things to work with. But if there's something that I appreciate more than tagging, it's being able help members if they have a question, or issue. I'm always scouting in the forums for members who're asking questions, and/or need help understanding certain aspects of MT, or just welcoming a new member. :)

Snicker: Your userpage is always very unique and CSS-ed (not sure that's a word, but whatever). Do you have any tips or links for people looking to customize their user page with CSS?

Sol: CSS-ed is certainly a word now! And yeppers, I do - if you're confused with how to work with your page, check out the pinned threads in the Userpage Customization part of the forums. They're wonderfully helpful with understanding how MT coding works, but it also helps to have a basic understand of CSS too. There's hundreds of useful tutorials on basic CSS, and understanding the basic language of certain aspects of coding, makes understanding your userpage coding easier. Also - careful with layering during coding! I've run into this issue quite a bit - if you overlap certain codes, occasionally, they'll overlap and cancel each other out. It's best if you organize each different section of coding (header, content, body) with labeling: /*like this*/

Snicker: For a long time you kept your username as SolenmSerpent. What made you decide to finally change it to SolemnSerpent?
Sol: One of my personality traits is easily getting used to many things, no matter how strange. And despite the fact that I loathed any typos in 06', and was the typical, rude 'Grammar Nazi' the world decided to be ironic. So I messed up my username when signing up for YouTube, and despised it for the longest. Eventually, true to my nature, I got used to it, and eventually refused to change it no matter what, lol! However, the other day when I thought about it, I felt kind of silly for always having a lame-ish typo on my name, when I try to look/act mature and finally, I grew out of the need to keep the typo. It took me a while, but I sent messages on various websites, asking to have my username fixed. ;_;
Somewhat difficult, but I felt awesome/super!smart (lol, no idea why though) after changing it. I'm just so surprised that so many people noticed the first day I had it fixed!

Snicker: Well, this is about when we get to the shamelessly random questions.
Sol: Woot, sounds like magic!Hogwarts type of fun.

Snicker: Speaking of Hogwarts…Who would win in a fight, Severus Snape or the Doctor? //mean question, I know
Sol: ;_; Is that even possible to decide? Ah... uh... eh... none of them! After the Severus's outcome in the final Harry Potter book, I say that he should magically!become the next Doctor once the 11th Regenerates. Can you imagine his motivational engery?
"It's bigger on the inside!" "Obviously. Now that your obvious observation is out of the way, move back. There will be no foolish Sonic Screwdriver waving in the TARDIS."

Snicker: How would you describe your taste in music?
Sol: All over the place. I listen to practically everything. I used to say, "Well, anything expect Country music," but I can't hide my Rascal Flatts & Martina McBride music on my iPod.

Snicker: Favorite Chuck Norris joke?
Sol: The Google one. Type in "Google Chuck Norris" and click 'I'm Feeling Lucky'. Prepare to have your mind blown.

Snicker: If you had a super-villian alter-ego, what would be you called and what would be your trademark evil?
Sol: Hmmm... that is an interesting question. I live life on the edge, so I'd be Captain Seversnake, and my trademark evil would be ripping off tags off of matressess and stealing Edward Cullen's glitter collection whenever he restocks.
Snicker: Ripping tags off of matressess? lol
Sol: Trust me. Ripping matress tags can set off a force that is capable of shattering galaxies. It's serious buisness, yo'.

Snicker: Do you have any closing comments?
Sol: Yes, first - it was awesome being reviewed by you Snicker! I enjoyed it. :) Also, to all other members - always read the FAQ and Policy, which are both linked at the bottom of the page (like an awesome!cluster of everything you need to understand about MT), and never be shy/refrain from using the Sandbox. Getting helpful critique because you post something is always a fantastic thing! (And the Sandbox needs more love & adoration ;_;)

-----
That concludes this month's "Get to Know Your MT Staff!" Remember, if you have a member of the staff that you'd like to know more about or would like to submit a question, send it to fireflywishes via PM.
------

I/ FEATURED MEMBERS

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98/MT-Maigetsu/SolenmSerpent/featuredmembermisa.png
This month, we'd like to focus the spotlight on MisaSasekage. She's been doing a fabulous job of greeting new members both in the Introductions Forum as well as the Shoutbox. She also reminds them to refer to the Policy & FAQ to know how MT operates, and helps members understand how the comment system (like quoting) works.

Nominated by SolemnSerpent. She also made the banner too ^_~

J/ STAFF PICKS

Sora no ongaku by yokoshiro
Sora no ongaku by yokoshiro

I absolutely love the character designs and overall composition. Love that smirk! The lankyness of the character seems almost CLAMP-esque. If you haven't yet, I encourage you to check out yokoshiro's whole gallery!

chosen by fireflywishes

50 MANGA BABES „Cook“ by Viviane-ch
50 MANGA BABES „Cook“ by Viviane-ch

WHY DOESN'T THIS PIECE HAVE MORE FAVS/COMMENTS?
Personally, I couldn't find anything to fault (except maybe the white background ^_~) because everything is so well done.

While it may be small and not as integral to the overall piece, I've just got to give a shout-out to the coloring/shine on the fish. It looks so lifelike!

chosen by fireflywishes

Toluene by KurohaAi
Toluene by KurohaAi

'It's always nice to see original, member art turned into wallpapers and this is no exception - with interesting colors, textures and perspective, KurohaAi has managed to create a very mysterious and dramatic scene. Great job!'

chosen by alenas

-----
Do you know of an item you think deserves more love? You can actually PM Mai-chan about it! Include the gallery item and a short reason why you think it's great. If Mai-chan also thumbs up, we'll feature it next issue! Just don't nominate your own gallery items X-P Cheeky cheeky!

------

K/ COMPETITIONS AND PROJECTS
in alphabetical order

URL: http://make-your-best.minitokyo.net/
ANNOUNCEMENT: http://forum.minitokyo.net/t71700
CONTEST DESCRIPTION: Make a wallpaper using only colours from one of the palettes that they are present in the announcement thread. You can use only white and/or black in addition of the palette's color! You can also use textures and patterns.
PRIZES: First, second and third place will receive an award, and only their works will be entered in the "featured gallery" of the group!
DEADLINE: February 15th MIDNIGHT GMT!

Remember if you don't tell us it's on, we can't tell everyone else. ;)

------

L/ GROUP ADS

++Don't forget to "Like" us on Facebook!++

http://static.minitokyo.net/groups/make-your-best.gif - Do you like competition? Do you want to improve your walls? This is the right group for you! :D

http://static.minitokyo.net/groups/minitokyo-review.gif - Like to write? Want to find new ways to participate in Minitokyo? Drop by Minitokyo-Review and learn more about the Reviews section of MT, and meet the people who make it fun.

http://static.minitokyo.net/groups/userpageskindesigns.gif - This group consists of MTers who love making userpages and want to display them, and enjoy making others for MT'ers who cannot :) We are looking for volunteers who wish to help out making userpage skins.

http://static.minitokyo.net/groups/doujinshi-support-club.gif - Do you draw with pen, pencil, crayons, tablet or other media? Do you want to improve your skills or share your own talents with other people? Or do you just plain love doujinshi? Then this group is for you!

http://static.minitokyo.net/groups/vectory.gif - Love vectoring? Then, join this group! It features high-quality wallpapers and vectors, as well as tutorials for you to learn.

------

M/ HAVE YOUR SAY!

Want to see your group advertised, we now request you send in your group as well as a short summary of it's purpose or current highlights. This will of course become far more useful that an icon alone. Also if you feel there is a group or a member worthy of nomination in the MTM again please PM it. Questions, comments, whatever, simply PM the MTM with the subject MYVOICE.

Remember the MTM is determined by you! ^^

Below are banners: featured member, featured group, a MTM writer and I <3 MTM banner (free for use by everyone).
Feel free to use these banners anywhere you want- signature, group page, userpage or even personal blog/ site! Please click them to get the hosting link.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5404/featmemberuv5.gif http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3351/featgroupum8.gif http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/5015/writeryo3.gif http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4294/mtmlovekz7.gif

Looking forward to your company next month (and keep sending me PMs T.T)
From botchii, with love
Call me Mai-chan <3

------

N/ THE USUAL STUFF
All about the Mt-Maigetsu: requests, ads and features --> To know how to advertise and nominate your group or member you would like to see on the MTM!
The Policy --> A must read!
The Userguide --> For day to day living!
Forum guidelines --> Keeping it clean!
Common problems and their solutions --> Got you covered!

Visit HeadQuarters for more juicy goodness or contact your nearest friendly moderator.

Links compiled by LittleJonny100

==--== ==--==

(c) Mt-Maigetsu 2012; any part of the Mt-Maigetsu or in its entirety cannot be reproduced in other publications without prior permission from the author(s). If you wish to share the Mt-Maigetsu, simply share the url- thank you.

Signature
	Image(The Policy) A must read! (The Userguide) For day to day living!
(Forum guidelines) Keeping it clean! (Common problems and their solutions) Got you covered!
Visit HeadQuarters for more juicy goodness or contact your nearest friendly moderator.

ToshiroBurrito

ToshiroBurrito

Muffin-chan's return!!!! X3

They should ask the MT people and interview them ;D I'm always avaliable (sorry for my incorrect spelling! >.<)
Anyway, Thanks for sharing the news :D And aww..... I wasn't a featured member! Oh, well there's always next time :P

"Standing up for yourself is important, Standing up for others is more important, but Standing with others is most important." - Disney
"Life without happiness is not a life at all." - Toshiroburrito (Personal Quote)
Join our group now:
zero-and-ciel-fangirls

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

Ohh wow...I was the featured member? ^/////^ Kyaa, I have no idea what to say...! Thank you very much :) *Happily smiling while blushing* Especially you Sol-chan, both for the nomination as well for the awesome banner; you really captured my happy, smiling nature, I must admit I look all kinds of hot there XD MT Planet was a nice read and plenty funny. And Sol-chan your interview had me grinning from ear-to ear ;) I like this month's banner, very nice, great job Lena-chan <3 Awesome job to everyone for another great issue!^^

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

Misa got featured~

It's about time it happened~ :D

Signature Image "I know I'm not strong, but I'm cute!"- Italy, Hetalia: Axis Powers

Congrats on the feature Misa! Woohoo!

Wait.. Ripping matress tags.. That can cause a calamity? Llamas with hats reference?

Signature
You best be fearin' the ears baby.

ndox900

ndox900

ndeso forever ^_^

congratulation ms. Misa :)

hmm... i'm sleepy Signature Image

Painter

Painter

Skull Master >:3

Congratulation Misa-chan :DD

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

3 day extension on MT Winter Wonderland - so we have until Friday Feb 3 to submit? :D

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

So many entries! :o I'm really happy people are participating, I've seen many (including myself) complain about being too busy with real life to finish their entries...

The MT Planet had me laughing out loud, especially the Sol and Snape parts XD Well done, well done indeed.
"let's scare her out of her wits by making her 'accidentally' fall into the Satan pit" - I'd pay money to see a movie made from this.

"Type in "Google Chuck Norris" and click 'I'm Feeling Lucky'. Prepare to have your mind blown. "
Mind = blown. This was better than the barrel roll!

Congrats for the nomination, Misa! :D And great issue, everyone!

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Wonderful Wintry work, and I truly relate to that "best friend" song. <3
And congratz Misa for being a featured member. Has always been helpful toward others~

Marked by the outsider.Signature Image

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

Yup, congrats Misa-oneesan!
This months interview was surely a little long but fun. XD
Also, I laughed so hard imagining the scenes on the story...

Avatar and Signature design by xxKurumi
Signature

SkyVongola

SkyVongola

Be Yourself, Be Happy, It's Life

Congratz to MIsa :)

Both love and happiness are the same as the air. Even though it fills the world, if you don't understand it, it's the same as if it doesn't exist.

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

yay for contest extension! congratz to Misa for being featured! ^_^

Signature Image
This day we fight!

congrats =)

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Super Congrats Omega ! *Tosses a Ton-O-Confetti*

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

another great issue, can't wait to see who wins the winter thingie and aww misa is member of the month way to go you ! can't wait for the next exciting issue !

BuBbLeS!

Signature

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

"Fate, up against your will."

I was going to give the typical, "Me? A pervert, with Snape ecchi on my computer? Lies!" speech, but I had to move my perverted Snape fanfiction/fanart tabs over so I could type here. And now that I think about my pr0ns filled PC-

http://www.host-images.com/u/files/t28n88um7xlxax3ei69b.gif

This issue of MTM is magical; and I can't wait to see what new items are posted for the contest! The extension was a lovely idea.

@Misa - > w<

@xAl-san - Lol, I wasn't thinking of Llamas with Hats during the interview, but now that to you mention it, I see the connection. Still, I've always thought it was freaky at the uppercase red letters on tags for pillows and mattress. ;_; When I tore a tag off when I was like, 15, I was like, "OMG, I DID NOT JUST DO THAT. WHAT IF THEY FIND OUT?!?!?!1"

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Quote by flyindreams3 day extension on MT Winter Wonderland - so we have until Friday Feb 3 to submit? :D

*cough* yes... unless my students render me incapable of getting here on Friday. In which case I'll most likely post the voting thread on Saturday. ^_~

Signature Image

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

Hahahahaha
I'm looking forward to the contest results. XD

Avatar and Signature design by xxKurumi
Signature

Manobell

DarkangelTheFox

I love this SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

Don't make me mad.

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

Good work everyone! I really enjoyed everyone's sections.

And congrats to Misa. :)

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Ofc you'd enjoy it because the entire middle of it was done by you lol
Btw I completely forgot to airmail stuff this month because of work FFFF----
On the other hand +1 to all sections as usual, seems lolnide is too busy to deliver a monthly comic strip.. all good though.
By the way do you get nominated by spamming GB posts? Sections are getting expanded lol
I predict future nominee would be Hooyaah.. not because he doesn't understand why worlds debt vanish when you own the world but just because he's online 80% of the time. +medal
Don't nominate leaf please, I'll ragequit forum.
Btw my coffee got cold while typing this reply, and my potato chip fell into the garbage bin beside my chair's armrest that I use to toss peanut shells in.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

DarkGeneralUnizaki

DarkGeneralUnizaki

My gears are always turning

Congrats MIsa-chan! ^-^

I am the legendary Cybernetic-pony.
I will protect and serve Queen Luna.
I am a brony and proud of it!

Congratulation Misa-chan =)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.