Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Petals or no petals? - Minitokyo

Petals or no petals?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

Soo, I know cherry blossom petals are cliché but I had no other idea... Here's the picture.

Basically, I wanted to put something there so that the sky (and road) wouldn't look so empty but dad (my critic :D ) said the petals were too big compared to the buildings in the BG, and when I explained to him that they're in the foreground flying towards the characters, he said it was difficult to understand/see from the pic. So does the image look better without them? Should I leave the sky empty or put something different there? If so, what?

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

They actually do look a bit out of place in the foreground like that, lol. Personally, I think the plane is already a nice touch enough but if you want to keep the petals, I think they would look better as little pink dots flying away behind the characters, in the background from that sakura tree behind them. Just my suggestion, though. :3

Signature

Drakill

Drakill

-=Call me CG=-

I agree with Alenas. But I think put the petals in but a little smaller and behind them. I think maybe add a few more petals as well. Sakura trees like to release quite a few petals at a time. But it's ultimately your choice. Keep use posted :)

I'm moving to Ireland so I won't be online much.
I'll try reply to your message when I can.

Signature Image

AnGeeChan

AnGeeChan

Mangaka

Agree that the petals look out of place being in the foreground (the cherry blossom is too far away, so you just don't know where they are comin' from). If you decide to remove them you won't need the sakura three in the BG too, the other trees are green and look good that way.
Well, to fill the empty space you can just move your sign to left down corner (also you can put a tilte or AnE logo if you like typography stuff). Or move the whole BG down, so there will be more of the nice sky. There is also that cat called Kuro, if you would put him on Rin's right shoulder you will get rid of the emty space a little. Options are countless^^ there wouldn't hurt anybody if you leave it how it is too, this is how the street looks, right?
Anyway I really like the BG, the plane is a great idea, the sky is nice! I have a feeling that the chars are too bright compared to the BG, so you can play with the shadows and lights a little more if you have time^^ overall its a great piece, great work so far! keep it up and good luck!^_^

"Ah, dear God, if you really do exist
Watch over this child who will not give up"

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

I think it looks better without the petals as well^^ Ooh Kuro on Rin's shoulder would be a cute touch if you wanted to add a little something to fill some of the empty space^^

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

IMPROVED VERSION (maybe)

OK, so I've moved the whole BG down, as AnGeeChan suggested, deleted the huge petals and added many smaller ones, and I also made the train smaller (I think it was too big). I didn't want to add Kuro there though, because Rin didn't even know about him while he was still living in the parsonage (sorry about that, MisaSasekage). I hope it looks better now and that I can submit it to the gallery :)

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

You don't need to apologize^^ I think it looks a lot better with the smaller petals :)

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

Thank you all for your advice ^^

I've submitted the wall so this thread can be closed.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.