Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deletion of my wall "Calm before Storm" - Minitokyo

Deletion of my wall "Calm before Storm"

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Hi!

Well, I uploaded my wall hours ago and ths staff has deleted it and sent me this PM:

" Elena888,

Due to a joint agreement between the staff of Pixiv and Minitokyo, all non-published scans originating from Pixiv are to be removed from the Minitokyo gallery. This also includes wallpapers that feature Pixiv artwork.
As such your submission Calm before Storm has been removed. "

I only want to ask what I have to do to upload my wall again U,U

thanks! : D

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Like AngeKrystaleen said: when you want to ask about a work being deleted, you post in the Deletion Appeals forum. There, the staff member who deleted your artwork will explain why they did so. The Sandbox is for ongoing works that people want to get feedback on. The difference between the two is that only staff members may post in the Deletion Appeals forum (for obvious reasons), while everyone can post their opinions in The Sandbox. Wanted to clear that up before going any further :)

As for the Pixiv issue, we no longer allow artwork from it to be used or submitted on this site unless it's with the explicit permission of the artwork's creator. That is, we must know you got 100% permission to use their artwork (mention it in the description, link to the artist's artwork - you can even include a screenshot of the artist giving you permission to use their work, just to be on the safe side). I took a look at your wallpaper and nowhere in the description does it say that you have permission to use that artwork. So, in order to be able to upload your wall again, you would have to provide proof that the artist gave you permission to use their artwork in it.

See this thread: Work from Pixiv no longer allowed for more details (it's in the News forum).

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Thank you very much for changing my threads to the correct forum (I didn't have any time and I don't know very well all the forums here u,u)
And one question : how can I get permission? I have to ask how I can talk with the artist (in addition, I'm not in Spain now, so I can't do a lot of things until I come back u,u)

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

I'm not too familiar with how the pixiv member system works, but I assume you make an account on pixiv and PM the artist (if you can't find their e-mail address). If you can't understand Japanese, try using an online translator; it's not 100% reliable, but you can probably get the gist of what they're saying. Also, try looking for terms of usage, some artists clearly state they don't want their work to be used. However, it's always best to ask first.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable about pixiv will be able to explain it more clearly :)

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Well, if you know who the artist is (presumably from Pixiv), then your best option would be to come to their profile page and send them a private message. There is a 'Send message' option below every profile picture. But yes, as pande said, I think you have to be registered there and have an account in order to do that. Pixiv is also available in English now so you shouldn't have too much trouble navigating about the site.

Signature

Hi!
well, finally, I made an account in Pixiv and I sent a message to the artist, so, I'm waiting for your answer in this moment :'D

thank you again for your comments! I'll tell you if I have good luck with this! ;)

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.