Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What got YOU into Anime? - Minitokyo

What got YOU into Anime?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 73 total items

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

AMV's of Dragonball Z and Memories 8P Accidently stumbled over em about 4-5 years ago.

komornik26

Elite Section 9 Member

I have been convinced by a friend of mine to watch Hellsing and this is how I got seduced to this evil stuff ^_^'

ericcarson

ericcarson

Anime Addict

hmm... i may ahve to start a tread on your favorite Gonra of anime.. lol. in fact i trhink i will!

- Your sourse for quality scans! 2000x3000 or greater!

Support our troops. I need a loan... LOL j/k

OnePiece Fan

just for pretty girls in cartoon at first,but now i still love cartoon for some great ones.suck like one-piece,hunter *huter,naruto......

Signature

Takeya

Takeya

the enigma + extremeties thereof

watcing case closed and leter lupin the 3rd aroused my curiosity and then i downloaded an ep of maria sama ga miteru and i was hooked.

In Russia is freedom of speech. In America is also freedom after speech. -- Yakov Smirnoff

Signature

Crevan

Crevan

FFXI addict

Dragonball, way back in the day got me hooked. I had been watching it for years before it was on Toonami. It was funny, as soon as Toonami said "dbz is moving to Toonami" I was SO happy. I realized it wasn't american and started to do some research on other japanese cartoons. This led me to several old ones I quickly started to love. that was hmm... 8-10 years ago I would have to say.

Man, by the looks of things, Dragonbal really got a LOT of people into anime. crazy.

"Oh my, fallacy, fallacy in my words. Am I Wry?"

Wow... hmm, well for me, I got exposed to anime at a young age with DBZ though I had no clue it was anime during that time... then it was actually Vision of Escaflowne which got me hooked onto it.

Mithrandir

Mithrandir

..The Lord of the Rings..

Well i guess the one to introduce me to ...good... anime would be my college roommate. I had been into DBZ for a while before but i kinda got sick of its repetitive story (what story right?) I mean sometimes the fight scenes would be awesome, but i had no idea that there was actually anime for older audiences. Cowboy Bebop sold me, Onegai Teacher made me crack up laughing, and FLCL was stylisticallly awesome as well.

Classic Scene from Azumanga Daioh regarding test scores:

Yomi: Wow Chiyo Chan 100%!!! You're too good I only got 92%
Chiyo: I did really well this time
Osaka: 42%!!!
Kagura: 30%!!!
Tomo: 31%!!!
Osaka, Kagura, Tomo: TOGETHER WE ADD UP TO 103%! BONKLERS WIN!!!!

Absentmindederic

Just a Wanderer

So what about Azumanga Daioh, Mithrandir? I'm getting an Azumanga Daioh vibe from you.

For me it was those late-night showings of Anime on the Sci-Fi Channel. Man, those were great. I'd stay up late; watch Mad TV, SNL, and then tune into whatever anime they were showing. Those broadcastings were the only reason I ever looked at the TV Guide.

Mithrandir

Mithrandir

..The Lord of the Rings..

Azumanga Daioh...well i guess that was just icing on the cake for me. But seriously tho i have never laughed so hard watching anime before, and i really liked how the series tied everything together at the end. Watching Wolf's Rain right now and i am really liking that (yoko kanno's soundtrack has once again knocked it out of the ballpark)

Classic Scene from Azumanga Daioh regarding test scores:

Yomi: Wow Chiyo Chan 100%!!! You're too good I only got 92%
Chiyo: I did really well this time
Osaka: 42%!!!
Kagura: 30%!!!
Tomo: 31%!!!
Osaka, Kagura, Tomo: TOGETHER WE ADD UP TO 103%! BONKLERS WIN!!!!

I started watching anime in high school but before that I've always loved it but did not know where to find any. Then my friend slowly pointed me towards the right direction and I am glad to say I've been hooked ever since :)

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

I grew up on anime though I didn't know it at the time. I just loved animation and hated schoolwork. My late afternoons after returning from school were filled with watching Astroboy, Star Blazers, G-Force, Robotech, etc. It wasn't until university that I found out what I'd been watching was actually anime and now that I work, I can afford to buy anime DVDs to sate my hunger. :D

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

i started watching anime when i was pretty young. i think in Gr. 2 or 3, my friend introduced me to Samurai Pizza Cats and Dragonball. thats what started it for me

I'd seen Pokemon, and thought it was cute. A while later my brother was watching Dragon Ball Z, and I thought it was the stupidest thing I'd ever seen. A couple weeks later I checked it out - right when Future Trunks came and killed Frieza, and I was hooked. (I love Future Trunks!) Months went by and I'd hunted out an anime store in my city - rare - and rented a bunch of anime videos for the low, low price of $1.00/ video, for three nights. Thus, another anime fan was born.

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

i got interested in anime when i first saw it on TV..
maybe i was ment to know about anime...hahahahahaha...weird was to get interested right?

Musiq

Musiq

History's Strongest Disciple

Was a fan of DBZ, always a fan of cartoons, etc. The thing that really got me into it... Took me about a year or two to buy all of Cowboy Bebop (from Sam Goody) and I bought a movie or two (anime ones) and after my sister bought InuYasha tapes I started downloaded a few eps of Love Hina off KaZaA which was recommended by GameFAQs people then I had a friend burn me 50-75 CD-Rs of anime and I started downloading them myself. Been downloading and watching ever since.

hmm... i first started on the manga of Kimagure Orange Road then when the anime came out, i felt it's a natural progression from manga to anime...

but my collection of anime can be counted by my fingers... ^_^'

Sadly enough, when I was young and naive, I watched pokemon, and thought that there may be something with a better storyline out there, but with similar graphics. Then I learned what true anime was, and kept digging into it, now I am engulfed in the topic. All sorts of shows and such, no more pokemon, but that was the beginning of my search.

well my first anume that i have seen was DBZ on cartoon network :D and i really liked it
:D

some friends brought me to jafax (anime festival at Grand Valley State in MI) about 5 years ago. saw lots of good anime. i then got horribly addicted to DBZ :)

bakaonigiri

silly cat

I too was watching anime since I was very young, without knowing what it was :P some really lame greek dubs... :sweat: And then I met my best friend... whose brother has a pretty huge anime collection! :) They gave me at first RahXephon, then NGE, Saikano and Fruits Basket, then even more... and I;m addicted now, even though I've been serioulsy watching for less than a year :)

I can see it too...also on your back...the umeboshi..

XlYesterdaYlX

愛我別走

well the first anime i discovered was dragon ball z when i was little, but then i never knew what was anime until i watched Ah! my goddess. And to this day AMG is still my favorite anime ^^ the art from AMG just blew me away

"No, people. Let's be smart and bring it OFF."

ShindouShuichi

ShindouShuichi

I don't CARE about destiny.

It was all in 7th grade... I met, my now Best Friend, and we loved Gundam Wing, and so we became close friends, and she was in love with Sailor Moon... We started getting into other animes. So.. Some of the thanks, goes to Toonami. :P

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Chopper City

i guess i somehow heard about ghost in the shell through the internet or a magazine, and went out and bought it like 5 years or so again, and i've loved anime ever since ^^

after gits got me into it, i bought cowboy bebop before it was uber popular because of adult swim, and continued from there

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 73 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.