Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 LCD TFT or normal Monitor - Minitokyo

LCD TFT or normal Monitor

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 70 total items

Art, Graphics, Games = CRT. For Servers, workstations (business), and needed space = LCD.

At home I have two 21" CRTs (^_^) $50 a piece from the Government Surplus.

"May the aquisition of wealth no longer be your driving force." - freshblueO2

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish." - Mother Teresa

lalatne

Meier Link

If i we're a very rich guy o rather choose LCD coz it doesn't eat too much electricty but thats what friend said but the problem is, if this monitor broke it can't be fixed. Normal monitor can be fix if it's broken.

TaMa

TaMa

Save a tree, burn a book!

uhmm, i have both >_> a 19" CRT philips... and 15.1" lcd on my laptop, personally i prefer lcd cause of the quality, its much more clear and good on the eyes =D

a CRT Sony Trinitron 19"

well i go with CRTs because LCDs cant do the higher res and refresh rates that CRTs can yet...

but ill go with a LCD if i need the space

~Seraphim Angel~

Without the past,
there is no present,
and without the present,
there is no future...

yen420

yen420

Sporadic Appearance

LCD is kinder to the eyes but if you're into gaming or anything that required graphics to be resized as per necessary, and of course budget, then go with normal monitors.

Proud Member of:
Bleach-Central

CRT cos i'm a gamer so lcds although smaller and compact, it wont handle my games

Using an laptop now.....so

I think my LCD is perfectly fine and is better than cheap CRTs I had been using on my last comp.

Seig Jion....Seig Jion

Kureboy99

Kureboy99

Escape my Constraints...

my 23" Apple Cinema HD display rawks the heck out of my CRT I had...it was a top of the line NEC 19"...with Gretag MacBeth color correction the display looks even better with better color accuracy...best monitor I have ever had...crt or lcd

...See the Music, Feel the Music, Be the Music...

the Tft's have a super quality on the picture.....ther's no match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xion3

Xion3

Romanticide

I use a normal monitor or a CRT as you would call it. It is said and is a proven fact that CRTs give better graphics than the LCDs. They tested that theory in games. The LCDs tend to tear and give lines on the screen... and also the CRTs just generally look a little better. Oh, I use a AOC 19" flat front.

AtomicAngel

w|red drifter

right now since im on vacation i stole dad's brand new Lacie 19 inch electron19blueIV that uses flat Mitsubishi tube i think...its one of them fancy small grain monitors especially designed for digital photo editing..for myself im stuck with a 17 inch dell monitor that i got for free ^-^;; I like tube over LCD because of smaller grain, faster refresh, no distortion of colors when viewed not exatly at right angle (although LCD's came a long way to fight that now) and ive read a lot that tubes display colors a little better for digital photography and stuff like that :P

my pet is a shark

ShindouShuichi

ShindouShuichi

I don't CARE about destiny.

LCD Compaq Whooooooo Its really great... My desktop has a weird bubbly round shape glass monitor.

CTEon

CTEon

.:Holy Devil:.

I'm currently using the Dell 15 inch monitor...but I will probably switch to 17 inch LG LCD screen soon...I don't know...LCD is not as good for game and colour not as good but it looks so very nice~...and 15 inch monitor not so good -_-

Yesterday is hisory, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it is called the present

By normal, you are refering to a CRT, I take it. Um, CRT for me - Viewsonic P95f+...

Sharper, clearer, way, way, less expensive! :)

hmz....I'm using a lcd of samsung (syncmaster172v) it's pretty good.....so lcd ^^

Yunsung

Yunsung

Who smokes the blunts?

I think that lcd is better choice. It's small and looks better :)

Laserowa korekcja wady wzroku <- moja strona na temat korekcji wzroku metoda PRK/LASEK

If you care about your electricity bill and desktop space, LCD. If you care about picture quality, motion video, and color reproduction, CRT. That being said, you can get a top of the line CRT for far less than a top of the line LCD right now since LCD is where everyone sees the future going. The quality just isn't there yet for color repro et all.

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

I have a normal monitor, size: is a 17" and brand: is an AOC. But I think that I have to change it soon. :hmpf:

Earn money reading e-mails here

if you dont have muich space buy a LCD
if you have enough get a usual monitor
they are still better than the LCD´s and they are cheaper, so why buy a lcd???

failure

failure

I screwed up again

I use a big honkin' Sun 21" CRT that I bought off-lease for next to nothing. I like it especially during the winter since it keeps the room nice and warm.

It takes about 5 minutes to warm up and show a really sharp image, it is a bit blurred until that time, probably due to age. The image occasionally jumps a few pixels left or right, but if I smack the side of the monitor it goes back. Heh. That's probably not good but I can't remember the last time it happened actually.

When it ever dies, I will probably find another one. I love it because it has two video inputs, switchable on the front, so I don't need a KVM (my other puter on it is an Amiga 4000t, KVM wouldn't work anyway).

**Insert witty siqnature line here.** || "Interesting anime quote" -- Cool Anime Character, Nifty Anime
Signature

I have an old school Hitachi Superscan Elite 751.... I'm waiting to see the thin CRTs. Not as thin as an LCD, but still pretty thin, and the quality of a CRT.

dnmax

dnmax

That Man

i have a Rosewill LCD because a CRT would not fit on my desk... XO
*shakes fist at single dead pixel*

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

I don't understand what people mean by saying that CRTs are better for viewing graphics. A flat-panel LCD monitor using DVI display not only has a sharper and clearer image, but is able to do some sub-pixel rendering for an even higher-quality display than a CRT running at the same resolution.

There is absolutely no category where CRT is better, other than price.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

failure

failure

I screwed up again

Quote by shinsengumiThere is absolutely no category where CRT is better, other than price.

Aha! That's where you're wrong!

CRTs are better at:
* holding down papers
* heating enclosed spaces (see my post)
* attracting dust with static
* sucking down power
* making interesting noises when thrown out of high places
* being less expensive than LCDs :-)
* making UPS money when you pay to ship one :-(

*edit* I typed "LCD displays". I must like recursion.

**Insert witty siqnature line here.** || "Interesting anime quote" -- Cool Anime Character, Nifty Anime
Signature

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 70 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.