Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What if Naruto was dubbed? - Minitokyo

What if Naruto was dubbed?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 40 total items

Sugasuga

Sugasuga

Kaz ?

Just what the subject says. What is your reaction gonna be if Naruto was dubbed?

Signature

bOu

zzz i hate anime thats been dubbed :P it will just be like any other, naruto will probably sound like ash in pokemon :P

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Depends on who does the dubbing and who they target the audience to. If it gets done by Warner Brothers or 4kids or one of the companies that takes anime and makes it dumbed down for kids, then no way.

If we get someone else to dub it, like Media Blasters (my personal preference for getting a Naruto license) I think we can expect a good series with the content remaining true to the series and untranslated techniques (like they did with Kenshin!)

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

aiikachi

aiikachi

Goddess of the Wind and Rain

omg i hate dubbers--and i know that if naruto becomes liscenced itll likely be by Funimation (according to my luck) and they do a horrible work...can you say recycled DBZ voice actors? *gasp*

Signature

AirMaster

AirMaster

ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU!!!

There's been rumors that 4Kids tried to get it...nothing official came out though...But 4Kids probably has a bad rep with producers in Japan now XD

Signature
Sig by Vivid-Rein..ph34r them Zakus XP
Check profile for groups :x

Most likely many fanboys/girls will cry. And the people that don't like Naruto will laugh in thier faces.

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

.......god forbid that omg o_o that would be pure torture gaaaaaah to tell you the truth I wouldn't go near the tv if they dubbed it >o<' my sasuke!!

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

that would be horrible because a lot of dubbing is bad and i think that Naruto is better left in Japanese (like some other anime are) so why change something when there isn't anything wrong with it?

I love it Action very Good

If the voice acting was done on the level of say, Cowboy Bebop (which I believe is one of the best examples of english dub voice acting out there), then I'm all for it.

I don't want to see it butchered though, with bad voice acting, not to mention digital editing/removal of scenes and story.

I'd most likely still get the fansubs though. :)

What if Naruto was dubbed?

-_- {deep murderous voice} I'd kill you.

i will mailbomb anyone who butchers naruto with dubbing!

lalatne

Meier Link

my reaction if naruto is dubbed. -_-a hmmmmmm i think it sound's sucks but if we listen and watch everyday, will get use to it. heheh :D but I like if they dubbed the fluent should be the same as janapanese voice. ^_^

Purplefire

Purplefire

Evil Guinea Pig Scientist

I've never actually seen naruto before *gasps from audience* yes i know. But Im guessing if they dubbed it, which i can see happening, and then putting it on Adult Swim because 1) right now its popular and 2) its a long series that lasts forever. It will become just like Inu Yasha has. and all the 'uber omfg thiz naruto rox fanz" will be everywhere. just my prediction of the future. but thats life XD

Signature

So what if they dub it? A lot of anime that gets dubbed has benn satisfactory. Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, 08th MS Team, Gundam Wing, Excel Saga, ect. And even if they do dub Naruto, the DVDs will still have the original Japanese audio track and subtitles. And I seriously doubt that 4kids will get the liscence. It would more likely go to ADV or Funimation, both of which could handle the cost of liscensing a lengthy series.

i don't really care if it gets dubbed because i'll just keep on watching the subs :d

Signature

Quote by grok2099It would more likely go to ADV or
Funimation, both of which could handle the cost of liscensing a lengthy
series.

I think the main reason people would be upset isn't because their series had been ruined (as you say, they'd probably keep something close to the original on the dvd), but because they could no longer download it for free. ;) In fairness, though, with a series which will probably reach 300 episodes or more, I can kinda understand that... at £20 a DVD, 4 eps per disc, that's a good couple of thousand pounds for the entire series. Not to mention the immense wait for the new episodes. O_o But that's all a bit off-topic, so I'll talk about the potential dub...

It would be a bad dub, I'm almost certain of that. The Naruto voices, for the most part, simply don't lend themselves to translation... Naruto's voice, for example, would be very difficult to find an English equivalent of which didn't sound really bad. Sasuke would be pretty easy, but Kakashi would be very difficult, as would Shikamaru - lazy/dopey or laid back but still highly intelligent isn't easy to pull off at all. Then Orochimaru would be damn near impossible, Jiraiya's accent would be very difficult to translate I think, they'd definitely mess up Sarutobi, there's no way they could make Kankurou anywhere near as cool as he sounds now (imo ;))...

i think the voices in Naruto are very characterised compared to a lot of series, and without them the character simply wouldn't work anywhere near as well. And given that a lot of them would be very hard to pull off for any Americans period, the chances of somewhat inept dubbing companies getting someone suitable is pretty much zero.

So I think Naruto fans would be displeased. <_< >_>

Quote by aiikachiomg i hate dubbers--and i know that if naruto becomes liscenced itll likely be by Funimation (according to my luck) and they do a horrible work...can you say recycled DBZ voice actors? *gasp*

Fruits Basket was excellently dubbed for the most part. My confidence in Funimation is higher because of it.

Regardless, my hope would be a studio like New Generation Pictures (ROD the TV, Hellsing) would get the job. They tend to use voice actors near the same age as the characters onscreen, which can make all the difference. Unfortunately since Naruto is somewhat targetted at a younger audience, I could see a potential disaster here. ;) Hopefully the Japanese studio will pay close attention to it as they did with FMA (we'll see how that turned out).

ilovebaiken

ilovebaiken

Infernal Hell Spawn

Depending on the company that dubs it, i wouldnt mind. if it were dubbed by ADV or Animeworks. it would be ok. ADV is a pretty goood company, a lot of good animes have been subbed by ADV, Naruto would make it all the better

"The Lord of Darkness must fall
Fall with my steel though his heart
I shall banish his night
You can run but you can never hide
I'll find you where ever you are
By my sword you will die"

-Dragonland "Holy War"

calibretto23

calibretto23

Open your eyes...

I'm all for the dubbin... the people who don't want the dub have already imported / downloaded a fansub... so its not like its gonna come and take a slimey dump in your punchbowl... if you don't wanna hear it dubbed then hey i've got an idea don't buy it... its not like its going to ruin peoples impressions of the series based on a cast of voice actors they have never heard before... I say dub away and more power to em... I haven't seen the series and don't really plan to until it becomes dubbed... I'm not really offended by Subbed stuff i just would rather spend my time watching the on screen action than reading... personal pref i guess... and if it does get dubbed by some horrible cast... don't blame it on the distributors blame it on the people who sold it to them...

Signature Image

------------------------------------

Proud Member of:
|Hardcore-gamers| |Dub-Lovers-Group| |Fight-Club| |MT-singles| |FinalFantasyFans| |Samurai|

I really don't dread the idea of Naruto possibly getting dubbed. Besides, it all really depends on the company directing the translation process and who it's targetted to. For example, Pioneer and ADV Films' dubs are usually very much true to the original versions. And I really wouldn't care if Naruto sounded like Veronica Taylor (Ash), a voice is a voice people.

Quote by AkunoA voice is a voice people.

It's a very effective way of putting across a character's, well, character. The best example I can think of from Naruto is Kakashi - seriously, I think his voice and accent account for a very high portion of what we (well I, anyway) see as his character. Kakashi, with a different voice, could seem like a vastly different character in my opinion.
Obviously it's not that important with all characters, but saying it's 'just a voice' is a bit of an understatement.

On a side note, have I been watching different ADV dubs to everyone else here? Most of the ones I've seen (Kino no Tabi, which ruined one of the two main characters; Evangelion, Pretear, Azumanga Daioh and a few others I forget) certainly weren't good. Some were ok, but others were poor.
Pioneer are a bit hit and miss - X was quite bad, but Chobits was pretty good apart from a few side characters (especially considering Chii could've been extremely horrible).

Oh man, I can't imagine how bad the Naruto dubbing will be.
Actually sometimes dubbing isn't really that bad, it's just a lot different then how we imagine the characters

pamkips

pamkips

?????

i will kill if it gets dubbed badly....

idek.
Signature ImageEDD!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 40 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.