Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Minitokyo Character Class Contest Trilogy - Minitokyo

Minitokyo Character Class Contest Trilogy

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 108 total items

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

last edited: 26 March 2005, 9:36 PM Manila time

--- thumbnails/links of entries :: click here!
--- MT wallpaper artists who agreed to convert winning doujinshi into wallpapers:
a representative from the I-Luv-Guy-Wallies group!
wuschel
sir-boingal0t
white-zero
rocknroll-isgo (not yet 100% sure ^_^)
crapmonster
DernierCri
Tama-Neko
OracleAngel
Shadowdude

Thank you very much for accepting the invites!
Wallers, up for a challenge? Volunteer walling the winning doujinshi!

Minitokyo Character Class Doujinshi, Caption Writing and Coloring-CG Contest
Minna, doujinshi wo shiji shimashou!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/charaznableamurorei/MT_vampyre_keoughcopy.gif
Banners made by vampyre and Keough

PART I - Draw MT Character Classes! (for doujinshi artists)

(1) This part is somewhat like Ragnarok Online-meets-Minitokyo. Part I is drawing your idea of MT character classes based on the following five (5) MT Character Classes:

MT Artist member
MT Non-Artist member
MT Leecher
MT Moderator/Admin
MT Noob

Your imagination's the limit here!

(2) You can choose whatever MT Character Classes you want to draw from the listed 5 above. Full-body figures and 3/4-body figures are allowed; no face drawings, though.
(3) One submission on one scan. You can even draw one sketch for every character class, as long as they're put on separate scans.
(4) Post a link to your entry/entries on this thread or on the MT news item, please.
(5) One winning entry shall be chosen or voted upon by the MT community from each MT Character Class category.
(6) Possible prizes for this part are rare scans of artbooks. Nuriko has offered a special prize for her favorite doujinshi entry.... wooo.... ^_^
(7) Deadline for PART I is on April 1, 7:00 GMT.

Here are sample sketches made by Crash-kun and walkure245. ^^ On the left is Crash-kun's idea of what an MT Moderator class looks like. On the right, walkure245's idea of an MT Leecher class.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/charaznableamurorei/mt_doujin_powa.gif
Full versions here and here.

PART II - Write a Caption! (for writers)

(1) Part II involves caption writing.
(2) The caption is composed of some words, sentences and paragraphs that describes or complements the artwork. In the Minitokyo galleries, the caption is usually written/type below the artwork, but should not be confused with the artwork name (they're different). The caption can be a poem you made, or it can tell a story or something interesting about the artwork.
(3) Entries for captions have to be posted in the comments section of the artwork.
(4) The doujinshi artist gets to choose which caption fits her/his artwork.
(5) English is to be the required language of the caption entries. However, captions in other languages such as Nihongo (Japanese), Spanish, French, German, et al can be used, as long as a translated-into-English version is provided. This is to encourage a more active participation from the non-English-fluent members and quarters of Minitokyo.

Here is an example of a caption for Crash-kun's MT Moderator Class sketch:
(Anjhurin's French & English captions)
*Bonjour chers membres, filles et garcons, et noobs! Je suis votre nouveau mod. Vous voyez comme je suis mignonne? Eh bien, je suis le stereotype du mignon personnage feminin de MT (regarde dans la section 'scan feminins' pour plus d'images de moi).

Mais bon, c'est pas parce que je suis mignonne que vous devez spammer mon guestbook. Si vous ne vous conformez pas aux regles, j'utiliserai mon drop kick sur vous ! Si vous avez d'autres requetes ou questions, adressez les svp a mon petit oeil robot; il se fera un plaisir de prendre de vos nouvelles a n'importe quelle heure du jour et de la nuit; de vous envoyer des avertissements et de vous bannir s'il devient frenetique.

Svp collaborez avec les mods, le boutton 'report' est vraiment la seule bonne chose sur MT non? Mon motto : "Cache la grimace demoniaque a l'interieur, et les gens reveleront leur vraie nature, et alors tu pourra les poignarder plus fort" ^_^ Amusez vous bien. Oh, et au cas ou vous vous demandez ce qu'il y a dans mon cahier de croquis? Eh bien c'est ma liste noire, et VOUS ne voulez pas etre la dedans.... *

Heya members, guys, girls and noobs! I'm your new mod. See how kawaii I am? Well, I'm your stereotypical MT cute-anime-girl (check out the female scans section for more pics of me smiley).

Anyway, being a cute-anime-girl's not a reason for you guys to spam my guestbook. If you don't go by the rules, I'll use my drop kick on you! If you have any further requests or questions, please address them to my little eye-probe here; he'll be all too glad to check on you anytime, day and night; send you warnings and ban you if he goes into a frenzy smiley.

Please collaborate with us mods, the "report" button is really the only good thing here on MT don't you think? My motto : "Hide the evil grin inside, so people will reveal their true nature, and you can stab them harder" ^_^ Have fun. Oh, and in case you're wondering what's in my sketchbook? Within is my black list, and YOU don't want to be in there... (girly giggle)

PART III - Color It!/CG it! (for the coloring/CG/vector artist)

(1) Collaboration is key here! Participants in this part can color, CG or vector any doujinshi submitted in PART I. Just ask permission from the drawer of the original.
(2) You can also make your own colored, CG or vector work. It should still be based on the 5 MT Character Classes categories.
(3) Prizes for PART III is still *under negotiation*. ^_^ We're inviting awesome wallpaper artists of MT to convert the winning entries into awesome wallpaper. ^^

Summing up the main parts of the Project:
Part I is drawing your concept of MT character classes. (for doujinshi artists)
Part II involves caption writing. (for writers or non-artists)
Part III involves coloring, CG-ing or vectoring the winning entries. (for the coloring/CG artist)

This person thanks the MT mods/admin and the rest of the MT community for patiently reading through this piece. ^^

FIN

| Support doujinshi, minna! |
| Minna, doujinshi wo shiji shimashou! |

(imagine here 'Shine' from Hellsing ^_^)

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

streifer

streifer

Old Game Lover

I find the idea funny and I loved to read the "description" of the class you've made...
I find intersting to allow non artist member (like me) to act in a contest, but I don't really understand what you mean by "Caption Writing Contest" yet ...
So I look forward to see your next post to see more detail and hope this will get success...

I'm finally back !!!

Huuum, anyone remember me?

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

Wow, thanks for the quick reply, streifer! Fellow MT non-artist! Haha, the bathroom does serious things to me lately... but anyway, Caption Writing:

Example: the winner is a drawing of an MT leecher (say, she/he has tentacles and a gross mouth/sucker). You, as a caption writer, have to write something that would describe or complement the drawing. Say:

"I suck at everything. I suck at PS. I suck at drawing. Heck, I suck even at posting a funny/memorable post here in mt!!! That's why, I, the Grand Sucker, the Leecher of Passion, vow to suck the lifeblood of each and every ecchi scan here in MT! MWAHAHAHAAHAH!!!"

err, sorry for going overboard. Just an example.

edit: 'am leaving in 15 minutes (gomen, I'm doing serious unjustified OT here...) so keep em comments coming, k? Ja ne for now...

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

all i can say is that this copyright thing come again ... it wasn't me who started it so i see it's a concerne of other persons ... so don't kill me mods ... i'm for nothing in this thread ^_^
*don't worry charaz friend ; it's because i made a lot of suggestion about copyright and i was maybe a little annoying with them ^_^' ; for me , this copyright talk is finished*

all i can say is that's a nice idea. Let's promote doujinshi here. And there are a lot of very talented person. I direct think at vampyre and toujin ^_^

i don't really understand ... do you want drawing of the classes or members writing classes description ? but well it made me laugh a lot as a RO fanatic :) i played a lot at this but school is a big MVP lvl 999 ; he restrains me the access to the servers :D

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

Ah, the artists themselves can conceptualize, then draw the art first. PART I of the contest.

After the winner/s are announced, then PART II (caption writing) comes into play. So, both artists and non-artists of MT participate!

Oh, and hi there, papyworld-friend! (hehe, byebye in 6 minutes...)

Signature Image

streifer

streifer

Old Game Lover

now I understand what you mean by Caption Write...
I'm really interested...
Where do I sign in to participate?

I'm finally back !!!

Huuum, anyone remember me?

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

(ehehe, gotta go in 2 minutes!)
Oh, this is still a proposal to the MT mods/admin, streifer.... so I hope we catch their attention with this.... so nothing yet, I'm afraid... wow, I'm so excited! Keep the comments coming!

Signature Image

Evanrued

Evanrued

Here and there from time to time

At first I did not understand your idea, but its said to understand you must read what ever it is over at least 3 times. And now, I get it. I myself, agree with you charaznableamurorei, it would give the doujin artists something to do. This site may be a recource site for images to be used for wall and such, but I dont ever see pencil doujin. or even colored doujin being used, ever. Though scans are the recource for the walls, doujin have ever other right. For a community site that participates and emerges with other members about submissions, and forums, I feel that doujin is getting a bit neglected at times. I feel that they are overlooked. And I understand that it may have been out of kindness or whatever such that the mods or administrator let the doujin be able to aquire on this site. But there is still something missing. I dont say what I am saying intending on getting a mod upset or banned, and thats not even my reasons, I am simply stating what I notice, and experience. I do love MT, and it helps me greatly, the feedback I recieve for my art is very appreciated.

But over all, I agree with you rei, this is a very good idea. All though I much apologize to any moderator who reads this, I do not mean harm nore hate. Nothing of that at'all. Simple stating my mind.

Signature

cool nice idea char-chan =)
i think I get the main purpose.....it would be an interesting contest =)
I'm looking forward to this contest ^^

p.s. could you explain your plan in an easier way ????that would be better for the me and other users......

hikago

hikago

@_@ Waffles!!!

Great idea ^^;
I'd be really interesting to see the doujin artists at work in a competition of sorts ^^;
But it'd be pretty hard to make a prize or something for this ... unless there was a group/page specially for doujins/competition winners :S
But great idea anyway! Hope to hear more about this XD

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

I think mod and admin should be differing classes. Admin is ... Sheq. We're just his peons. :D

We will work something out for the contest. Maybe we can overlap them but give plenty of tiime for both?

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

Am very *very* excited about this idea, charaz of the Non-Artist class. Finally some brain-tickling MT fun for the pencil-pushing, ink-dabbing artists. Wherever this boat floats, I'm sure to be paddling behind it!

BTW, where is this wondrous bathroom that you speak of? I must use it; might be the miracle cure to chronic mental blocks.

Crash-kun

Reviving

IM defintly going to JOIN ^_____________________________________^

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

* Evanrued: Hi there, friend! Hehe, sorry for the verbose thing up top. You know me, eclectic and crazy as well. Oh, but that's precisely the reason why I cooked up this idea of mine... to support and shift the spotlight, just a bit, to aspiring talents like you, and vampyre, alienfirst, walkure245, papyworld (hehe, his sketch's funny, hehe), Crash, and all the other doujin artists of MT! Wow, if only I could draw... but I only draw in my mind, so I am so happy and content promoting and supporting you beautiful doujin people! Support doujin!

Aside from giving doujin people more participation, non-artists like me and streifer, et al can flex their writing skills and contribute/participate in art, too! (I'm referring to Part II).

* meteorcloud: Oh goddess, so sorry 'bout that! Again, you know me, I can't control these fingers and mind when I'm in the 'spice-trance... Yakusoku! I promise to explain the whole thing in a better, shorter and less kerazy way. Pardon my keraziness. (somebody stop me, I really need an editor... I'm a pseudo-writer, not a copywriter... ^_^)

* papyworld and Nuriko: hehe, sorry for bringing up the copyright thing... I just wanted to specify what inspired me to write up the whole idea. Besides, I wanted a good "rustle-em-feathers" intro... but I promise to streamline the first edit soon.

* hikago: Yes, I have absolutely no idea for prizes... a virtual hug or a kiss perhaps from a popular guy/gal in MT would suffice? Hehe, kidding. Suggestions, please? Keep 'em coming!

* Revue: Hi, welcome to MT! Thanks, precisely my point, too! Thanks for summing it up. Yes, now MT's gonna be a happier, more inclusive online family (not that it isn't right now ^_^) - the writer, the sketcher, the waller... I feel a song coming: Co-o-pe-ra-ti-on is happy. Hehe, the wonderful bathroom's up top the Makati Medical Plaza. ^_^ But I think the secret's not in the bathroom... 'must be in the water... hehe, I enjoy going kooky... wage-slave work does that to you.

* Nuriko: Wow, thanks for the support! Yay, I'm so e-x-c-i-t-e-d! Hehe, peons! ('shifts to Warcraft mode: Work, work? ^_^ ) Hmm, schedule. If it's really too much for you, I think it's OK to put the Trilogy contest on hold. I think that many MT people here are pretty much busy for the rest of January with their studies/work and all, so March is alright. Besides, it might be too much for some people who might be joining the skin/wall contest and are also doujin makers, too, ne? What do you think? ^_^

Oh, then Sheq gets an MT class all for his own? Wouldn't that make him too much of a target for lampoons?

* Crash: Wow, hi there, friend! Sorry for not dropping by that much. Alright, we have lots of takers!

Oh goddess, I did it again... made this whole thread unreadable! Sorry, but keep the comments coming! ('will check back later and, hopefully, change some stuff, me late at work!)

Signature Image

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Can I suggest another class?
Class: MT Jack
Sub-class: A little bit of everything
Demeanor: flighty, outgoing
Special Skills: Can multi-task, can understand people
Weapons: PS, Scanner, Post Reply Button, Favorites Button
Known Weakness: Are very impulsive, easy to catch in traps.

I made this up for the people that do a bit of everything (like me) because the other classes seemed a bit too extreme... I couldn't see myself as any of them XP

Jacks aren't great at everything, but they can do a bit of everything ^_~

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

Hi there, Terra-chan! Great contrib/addition, thanks. 'Didn't think of that, how's that? Maybe I've shifted from my Noir mode to Excel Saga mode yesterday... ^_^ 'Will add that!

Anyway, the classes specified above are just examples. So keep up the suggestions.

edit: MT Jack/Jane/Jill... for a more gender-sensitive term? Hehe, no matter. MT Jack it is!

edit #2: hmmm, 'thought about this more... well, being a "jack-of-all-trades" can be classified as a sub-class of MT Member. The above detailed class descriptions are only examples, and it's really all up to the doujinshi artists to make the concept. So, I just think it falls under member. But great suggestion, friend! I'm hoping that the doujin artists make a "Jack" drawing for Terra-chan!

Signature Image

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Very sexy idea. And a great avenue to get original images out here onto MT, which, seeing all the excellent talent here, does not sound like a bad idea. ~_^

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

Hi, Shkira! Thanks, thanks. Oh, an afterthought: the mechanics of the contest! Crap, I forgot all about it! Help on that, please?

Signature Image

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Hm.. wow now this is a very interestin perpective Char. I like the ro-mt idea. Wonder if this contest can be arrange. I'm game. OX

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

Hey there, Keough, Thanks for the support! Well, I'm being too repetitive already, but please accept my apologies for not making the proposal clear and organized enough. Please await version 2.0 of this proposal sometime soon.

Oh, and just got another idea! What about making the contest a trilogy?
Part I is drawing.
Part II involves caption writing.
Part III involves CG-ing/coloring the winning entries!

So now, even the computer graphics artist gets to be part of the contest. The sketcher, the writer, the computer graphics maker... (i feel a song coming... ^_^) {errr.... now the song gets ruined by 'colorist'... no matter!)

Oh, and not being too enthusiastic about the idea but... support doujinshi, k?
"Your suggestions must flow..." bastardized quote from DUNE More suggestions, please?

Signature Image

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

hum just wondered about part II, i get the overall idea, but well just make a description of the chara?? if i can suggest something, it would be cool to make like a little background story, not too long, but to give details about arrival on MT, first post or something..... don't know if you get my point though ^_^'

and i suggest a new class as well :
Class : MT noob
sub class : eager lvl 10 achiever
demeanor : lost, spamming (for the bad ones), trying desperately to make friends / walls
special skills : none yet ahah
weapons : naiveness, huge and unstoppable lust for scans !!
known weakness : spamming = banned, easy headache due to too much MT time XP

this is sure archetype, but don't forget them ahah (you can change things of course)

you have all my support for this idea !! *thumbs up* :)

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

Hi there, Anjhurin! Thanks for the support!
Drats, another one I missed! Haha, nice contrib, Anjhurin. Hmmm, you know, now I'm thinking that we should limit the number of drawings submitted to 5... so if we add MT Noob as another separate Generic Character Class, more draws, more pain.... hmm... but if we have, like a separate category for Leecher, then being a Noob is also a special category... (hoo, 'hope that came out right....)

Oh, and I remember Terra-chan's suggestion a while back... well, we're going for the extreme look anyway, so, let's try this Noob category... hehe, now it's unlucky 6. Anyway, but feel free to argue/defend your positions/suggestions!

By all means, Anjhurin, the caption can be as loooong as anyone wants! Like a mini-story or some paragraphs... yes, yes, nice. I'd be putting up proposals on details of caption rules soon. Thanks again.

Oh, another idea/question! Should the doujin artist draw the charas individually, or draw them like a group? Keep the suggestions coming!

Signature Image

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

well i think it should be indivudual work, so we can really know who made what (you know kinda like unity of style...)........ but that's just my point of view of course !!

what's great about this project is that it's gonna be a coordinated thing between the drawer, the writer and the waller, you know they'll have to exchange ideas about the chara, how to put him / her in a bg, what to say and all......... the problem is that i guess the first part would be more individual, but the second part might be a lot more collective, for you know by speaking to each others, some ideas might come up. then the waller would have to take into account all that's been said ....
i think it's a very good idea, it's gonna make MT's members more active and create strong links (maybe), but it sure will be a pain to organize !! ^_^'

so good luck for you, if you need any help, i'll be glad to give a hand XP

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

Ah, by group/individual... I mean, would it be more practical that the drawings of the (currently) 6 MT character clasess be in one panel/submission, or should the drawings be separate for each character class?

hmmm, collective insights on Part II: Caption Making... ah, so you're suggesting that Part II be not in contest form, rather a cooperative effort? Hmmm, nice thought on that one... 'will sleep on it, if you don't mind.

Haha, pain is part of life, so we better bring on the pain!!! ^_^ No, seriously, my sentiments exactly. Thanks for the support! Keep 'em suggestions coming! (haha, me bordering on spam now...)

Signature Image

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 108 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.