Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Nice Walls Finish Last - Minitokyo

Nice Walls Finish Last

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 67 total items

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Alright - I don't want to turn this into some sort of an anger thread, nor would I like to see any flaming going on around this subject.

I'm just here to ask a simple question, which I'm sure some of you may or may not have felt or thought about before. So please answer politely, so no one gets offended.

-----------------

To the wallers of MT whose wallpapers made it into the gallery:

Was there a time there when you designed a wallpaper so flawless, so wonderfully made, that you took your time and effort working so hard on - day after day, but when you submit it over on MT, hardly ever becomes noticed at all? Overlooked to the point that your frustration really sets into your mind, simply because of the fact that they have many friends to fav. their works so easily over there, while you are struggling around with very little of your own, pretty much?

-----------------

To the rest of the experienced and loyal viewers and members of MT:

Ever felt like someone else's work isn't getting the fair credit that he or she truly deserves? Do you see wallpapers that are often overlooked from time to time?

-----------------

Please express your opinions here. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

To put it simply, the wallpapers that are usually most detailed are the ones that members put a lot of effort into. They are not so much in a rush to get things done.

It is also true that some walls were overlooked. Many older walls look great but didn't quite get the attention they should have deserved.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

I can only speak for my own behavior. I don't check the new walls very often, though I used to when I first came to MT. I've seen some walls that I thought could use a comment but for whatever reason I didn't give one. That means that there are probably walls out there that should have positive feedback, but don't.

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

Not really. I find good wallpapers being washed away often.

I voted that. You usaully only see the scene based ones get credit. Some really good ones just get ignored. That's why I put some on my userpage.

Signature

tiantito

tiantito

-[D]-

some of the walls you see on the most popular zones are from people who deserve it but there are like a 40 % that are just because of their friends they have like 250 friends and they post a wallie that is just somehow not that bad and they get at least 70 or 80 fav per wall

Producto de exportacion Colombiano / Colombian exportation product
Signature

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

edit: double posted, the correct one is at the bottom. :)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Hahaha. I go for the last one. Unless there's no change in that, I'll stop posting walls here after another 2 submissions.

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

I bet the number of friends you have in mt helps a lot in getting respect for your work. I have seen example of work that is very good left by the roadside simply because the person isn't well known in mt. One reason for this to happen is because people don't really browse the gallery section in dilergence, because they would just choose the work of the people in their friendlist. And since the work is recognized here in mt by the amount of fav, the advantage go to the established members who does have a lot of friends.

Now before you guys point out how wrong I am about this, this is just a generalization of the problem I felt exist in mt. However, I would suggest to those that felt frustrate by this standard, they shouldn't worry about getting fav. As long as their work makes one person happy then you have done your job, because the sole purpose of sharing your work is to have another person share your passion and to appreciate your effort. If you are all about reputation, then I suggest you should try marketing your work instead of sharing them. :)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

eh...most walls get into top favs because whoever submits em has lots of friends..oh well...can't tell ppl to stop being friendly...maybe you sud go make 50 friends now before submitting anything XD

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

Quote by melmachine18
It is also true that some walls were overlooked. Many older walls look great but didn't quite get the attention they should have deserved.

very true -_-

It's really hard u c to measure waht's good what's not.
And often these judgements are bias.
Well that's my opinion.

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Onward, Upward

I think that's why the 'groups' were established. You can band a group of people together who don't know a lot of people and they can all look at one another's work, and get along based on a common interest...

Signature
"There are absolutely no unsolvable problems. Instead of the foolish ignorabimus, our answer is on the contrary: We must know, We shall know."
-David Hilbert

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by boogybroNot really. I find good wallpapers being washed away often.
I voted that. You usaully only see the scene based ones get credit.
Some really good ones just get ignored. That's why I put some on my
userpage.

I would have picked the same myself. **Sighs** Some things never change indeed.

I just wanted to bring this thread out, seeing as not many are willing to give off their opinions so easily around here. That's why I developed a poll - so that the voters and members of MT can stay anonymous and give their honest opinion. I'm just glad I'm not the only one who thinks like you do, boogybro.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Quote by white-zeroHahaha. I go for the last one. Unless there's no change in that, I'll stop posting walls here after another 2 submissions.

Well that sucks... I love commenting/reviewing/whatever at your walls... XP

i guess I'll vote for the last one as well, even tho I can't say I'm the one who's in need of the credit.

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

Indeed some very good walls get very little attention, but a more annoying fact is the "combo" that walls that aren't really that well done, to easy or simply doesn't look that good get insane amounts of favorites and comments etc in addition to good walls getting close to no attention.

Also, I can't remember the last time I actually really liked any of the highlighted submissions on MT's front page. One thing that really bores me about most walls at MT is the constant use of "cute girls" in them, never any real cool women or guys even, gotten so tired of it that I hardly even care anymore since it feels like they are all the 'same'.

einna

einna

*kisu* ^.~

People add me to their friendlist (yes they do and I don't add people to my friendlist just to have them fav my walls) because they want to be updated about the walls I submit. So, it depends on them if they want to add my works to their friendlist or not. I just add them to my friendlist too (I dunno why...-.-;;).

I think that there are wallpapers that are being ignored but deserve to be recognized but we have to also consider others' point-of-views of the walls they fav that, for us, aren't good enough to be faved. As you can see, people have different point-of-views. Remember: beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. So, even if we bring out these kinds of threads, it can still never stop those things that we think are unfair.

But I don't think people should ask the people in their friendlist to fav their walls just because they want their walls to be in the spotlight. It's being unfair already.

Actually, those who comment and fav my walls, majority of them are not in my friendlist.^^;; And I would rather want comments that will make me improve rather than comments that don't help me at all. ><

Signature

Kwadjo

zionist

I think the rules of art apply, its their, it has some viewers, and it has some people who like it. In other words, out of my spanish class of about 19 I and the teacher from spain were the only two who knew who salvidor dali were. So its about timing, and content, weather a wall will be appreciated. I mean I save all the walls I like to my screen saver. So The appreciation lives on.

Signature

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Quote by Athrun
Well that sucks... I love commenting/reviewing/whatever at your
walls... XP i guess I'll vote for the last one as well, even tho I
can't say I'm the one who's in need of the credit.

Ah, hahaha. Thanx man. Glad to hear at least one person appreciate my efforts. Like Athrun said, I'm in no need of any recognition / fame. I know how to judge my works and I'll never be as good as Sammo, Osi, Semanga and lots more.

Well, maybe it's just me but I always don't like things run in here. That doesn't mean I hate the mods. They just doing their job and I can't blame them. Give them a break, eh?

Why I'm here? I'm here only for the sake of posting walls (and leeching, mind you). I stopped posting walls at AO because of the same reason and it's about time I do the same here. Cause I know I won't be missed.

Cheers.

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

saki see's a whoolllleee bunch of great wallies that are never known .. cause they either don't have enough friends .. or it's pushed down by all the incoming wallies ....

>.< it's so sad cause it's so great ... ;______;

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Well i cant say that its always like that because they finish last because of these following reasons:

1. The people comment and fav a wall because they know the person and They have him/her on the friendlist.

2. Some of the best wallers accidentally post it late, during the night (Especially me T_T) when not much people are in mt.

3. People like bright AND happy walls and grunge AND DARK walls get the second hand chair.... >_>

4. Maybe too much walls get posted in one day and the walls which are great are pushed away from the spotlight... since MT is slow people dont browse much as they use to...

Quote by White-zeroWhy I'm here? I'm here only for the sake of posting walls (and leeching, mind you). I stopped posting walls at AO because of the same reason and it's about time I do the same here. Cause I know I won't be missed.

Hey dont skip on me now! your my only link between Kei and you.... T_T

I only registered about a 1 week ago and even I have noticed quite a few good wallpapers go through without any comments or anything. Art is subjective what one person likes someone else might despise, so that also makes it hard for some wallpapers to get the appretiation that they deserve. I also see some crap wallpapers get lots of comments which is perfect proof of the subjective nature of art. I don't think there is anything that can be done about it though unless more people right comments, etc.

Frosty

Frosty

: One Luv :

I voted on "Nope. The system is flawed in my opinion. Needs changes."

I would put "Not really. I find good wallpapers being washed away often." but realitically speaking yea... this system could use some change. ^^

okay this is why i think of this is because that ppl usually only look at ppl they know, and usually u wana fav the work so yea, this is what I think. ^^

oh and yea... i say this was because that i usually only got time to look at the stuff on my Notifications and thats alot already. XP

Signature

NachoKun

Patron of Pocky

I've noticed that some wallpapers are ok, and get a lot of attention... and the ones that are omgwtfbbqnice!!! get ignored unless the waller has a lot of friends and they inturn have friends.
Also beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what kicks butt for some people might just give it a second look and forget about it. Sometimes as some say, it's timing that you see great walls and have the time to apreciate them, giving kudos to where they are deserved.

"As the raven is born of its own, so does kindness beget kindness" ~ Mareg (excerpt from Grandia II )

"Wether it grew from a need for vengeance, or from deciding to run fom something... Strength is still Strength" ~ Satsuki Yotsuba (Negima! Magister Negi Magi)

Khriss

Khriss

is addicted to RO again. sigh.

i say, somewhat.

true, if u put more time and effort into it, it would definitely be at -least- an average wall, even for noobs.

but some people do it fast, and they like what they see. so what else could they possibly do?

That really seems like a problem at deviantart as well. I remember it was a huge deal over there because some artist would have loads and loads of groupies forming around them. Whenever they submit something, I mean anything, they would all swarm around it and fav it like crazy. Even if the artists took a picture of their toilet, people would fav it. So for a period of time, they pretty much took the entire genre off the Favorites of the Day.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 67 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.