Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Would You Feel Embarrassed If Someone Caught You Watching Ecchi? - Minitokyo

Would You Feel Embarrassed If Someone Caught You Watching Ecchi?

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 88 total items

I wouldn't feel embarassed at all. Call me an idiot then if I find it art, I don't care -_-.

Ecchi, and many other styles of drawn manga are certainly to be considered art. All my friends and even family knows that I like this kind of stuff. (Anime, Manga, and the included art with it - yes, also Ecchi). They don't care about it or think "strange" stuff about me when I love that kind of stuff cos they know I'm not a sicko/pervert or whatever.

I hate it when someone immediately gets associated as a pervert when they love such 'art'. I do agree that plain hentai movies are going a bit too far though. Personally I do not like hentai at all. If you wanna look at hentai you might as well watch some good pr0n then.

I don't mind a short soft hentai part in a series if it has some meaning to the storyline. I think that you know what I mean here.

So shortly, yes, I like ecchi, but there are limits to it.

Btw. Literally Hentai means "pervert". and "Ecchi" is Japanese for "h", which is the first letter of Hentai. These are just terms otaku's created btw ;).

Vetus

Vetus

Lonely Rolling Star

Quote by Distortionblah blah blah ecchi bad, prude good! I say we should cast off this
skin of modesty and be not ashamed of our habits and bodies, I say down
with the rules, I want to run naked in the street covered in green
jell-o reading a playboy, and smoking a cigar, why? because it's my god
given right! (not that I believe in god but hay!)

Yeah! That's the spirit! XD

What is "normal", anyway? If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.

ZittFu

ZittFu

Part-time Shinigami

well , first i ll have to difference ecchi from hentai, ecchi is cool, i can see it as a form of art and even funny as seen on mangas like Ichigo 100% or I"s (katsura is the best), both of my favorites.
Then there is hentai which i watch once in a while , and to watch it or not , is each and everyones choice , as long as you are legally allowed . . .even so i would feel ashamed if my family caught me watching hentai (not ecchi) , but with my friends it would be just something to laugh about, since i used to be the most innocent and purest soul among my friends LOL XD

I never watch hecchi

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

Personally, I know there are some people who dont fit the common Ecchi watching stereotype but yes it is degrading to women. I mean, if you were looking for a womans beauty I wonder why it should be contained in the breasts and groin area. I agree, almost all those who come to view ecchi are here to get off on it not analyze it for artistic value.

What can I say? Id personally slap my boyfriend if he was sitting aroung watching "might as well be naked" women in very demeaning positions. If he thought it was okay for a womans image to be that way, then hes going think that its okay for him to view me like that too. I just dont need that in my life.

My opinion, We are all adults here I think. If you don't like it don't watch it. Their's nothing wrong with the female or male body for that matter. Fan service is ok now and then. Now as far is kids are consern, it's up to the parents to filter things, but the kids will have Curiosity and their's an age when the parent needs to let go not punish/restrict the kid's veiwing. Whats the difference between a bikini shot and a Muscle head with almost nothing on??????????? Why do women feel more insecure about their body and skin then men????? Whens the last time you herd one of us complaining??

I know we are all just a bunch PIGS ;)

p.s. I really hate censoreship, one person can ruin thigs for everybody.

caught by family is a big problem, but not with my friends. I like ecchi (and hentai too >.< ) but I'm not the type who buy anime because that stuff. If the shows to much fan service with dull story, I prefer to not watch it better than make me dissapointed. If you talked about ecchi, I think thats normal thing nowadays.

Signature

wow.. lot of people with guts... guess i don't have one with "ecchi related things"...
i kinda like ecchi things.. people like things that are bad lol..
i learnt that doing bad things is more exciting to human's brain, because it's something u can't do... for example, people dare other people to do something ridiculous or bad.... well, for me, i get excited if i do something bad, for example, i still remember when i broke a window when i threw a rock at random house with friends.. (i know i am a bad kid >.<) but it was fun, especially running away with friends... that's something u can't forget~
but if i get caught watching ecchi thing, i would get embarrased because dirty things or ecchi things are considered embarrasing in christian-based country

Shiz

Harmless Ronin

i would feel embarassed definitely.. but i don't really feel anything wrong watching it .
even though it is nothing wrong but it is still not good to watch becuz it is not good for you mentally.
for some people, it is also counted as art (that's why artist have some lesson in drawing perverted pics..could we class them as pervert?i don't think so)
ecchi depends on the person who viewed it wether with good intention or perverted intention i don't know but it really depends on the person who was watching it what he thinks
for example:
if he/she watches ecchi for drawing a more beautiful art that's probably good..
if he/she watches ecchi because he like it, that's probably counted as a perverted intention

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Vetus

Vetus

Lonely Rolling Star

Quote by hahajungif i get caught
watching ecchi thing, i would get embarrased because ecchi things are considered embarrasing in christian-based country

Buuuuuuuu! Japanese people are Satan's servants! They made us react perverted by showing us ecchi! Buuuuuuu, 666! Ecchi are evil! Burn them down! (hihihi! just kidding :nya: )

Quote by Sunira
What can I say? Id personally slap my boyfriend if he was sitting
aroung watching "might as well be naked" women in very demeaning
positions.

Excuse me, but this is such a ridicilious reaction. ~_~ He's watching ecchi, he don't making sex with another girl! XO After all, I think he can difference the reality than the fantasy. So, take it easy or else you are in danger of losing your boyfriend.

What is "normal", anyway? If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.

Benitora

Benitora

A Star And A Stray Dog

I would feel embarassed without question, but I wouldn't make up an excuse as to why I was watching it lie "Oh my God! I just turn on the TV and it was on!"

I'd admit to it and pray nothing too bad happened to me.

Signature

I would invite them to sit with me, but not because its Ecchi, but because its anime.

Ecchi to me is simply another way of adding some sort of humor, and lightening the mood.

I don't really look at ecchi. I am aware of it's existence, and only try to, if i must, look at ecchi for the artistic quality. However, if i was caught by my parents, i would say, "Hey, at least i'm not gay." If my friends saw me, i would shrug it off. Recently my friends started describing my s-CRY-ed manga to some people at school. If you don't know, pretty much each book has one nude scene in it, but not for sexual content. I just acted pissed off, and they let it drop. funny tho.

urdchan

goddess of fate

I never had a problem with ecchi...most likely because I don't generally have a problem with hentai. Obviously, it comes down to the age of the person, the involvement of their parents - beyond that it comes down to personal taste.
I do find it strange, however, that this culture (in this case US culture) will more readily accept violence than nudity or sexual issues. There are exceptions, but by and large this is the case in the US. To me it is a sad state of affairs... :(

Signature
...without the dark there can be no light...

mdntdragon

mdntdragon

Dark Dragon---Ruler of the night

I'm 34 years old I think if you're an adult you can watch whatever you want. Ya, I guess you can call me a perv, Celessa.

Quote: Ecchi is bad because it degrades the status of a human being, especially girls.

I agree SOME of it does degrade, but some is beautiful. Sexual situations can usually offend some people. Some ecchi is just a pose. It's like looking at a manikin in a lingerie shop. cute but not really a thrill.

On leathern wings and with fiery breath, I descend upon you!

Depends on the form of ecchi, For instance I think Futari ecchi is cute and would have no problem asking someone I know to watch it.
I think golden boy is funny.
Stuff like dg, lolli, tentacle stuff is just sick.

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 88 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.