How Much Allowance Do You Get From Your Parents?

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 94 total items

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Cancel

And what do you normally spend it on once you get it, of course?

------------

For me, my parents pay for my stay here in Japan, so I can live all by myself - they're so nice.
I have to work though if I want to spoil myself - so I don't get any other allowance from my parents over here. For me, I like to normally save up my money first, then spend it on some of the big stuff - like I did for the PSP a few weeks ago.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Cancel

Yeah I agree with Celessa. I save until I have enough to spend it on something big. I don't really have a allowance..........my parents seem to give me money out of no were. It's a bit strange.

• Mar 22, 2005

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Cancel

I receive $100 a month.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

• Mar 22, 2005
Cancel

Quote by melmachine18I receive $100 a month. Top that. :nya:

mel I'm 13 give me a break.

• Mar 22, 2005

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Cancel

Quote by Alishamel I'm 13 give me a break.

It's because I'm in college, and I don't like my college. Need the money for some of the stupid stuff.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

• Mar 22, 2005

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

Cancel

Well I don't really get an allowance, if you mean a set weekly amount. I get paid/rewarded depending on how much chores I do and also how well I do in school mark-wise. But money isn't my motiviation to do well academcially, I couldn't care less about that (just thought I'd mention that since people tend to get the wrong impression....)

What do I do with it? I usually don't spend it. Not much of a shopper, actually I avoid shopping where possible, lol. When I do spend it, it's usually for outings with my friends: lunch, dinner, movies, festivals, etc. But besides that, it just sits in the dust somewhere.

• Mar 22, 2005

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

Cancel

Ugh....money issues. Seems like all i do is dig a hole for myself. I've never received an allowance. My father always thought I should do the things I did (mow the lawn, clean the garage, etc...) because I was a "good son." Being older now, i work to earn my money and rarely spend it on myself.

People always say to pay yourself first but I end up paying the bills first. Not the greatest existence but I get by.

Artgeek12 - Proud member of NewWaveProject!
Signature
Organizer of the Olympiad Project, where everyone one is needed and welcome!

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

Cancel

none.
just few dollars for lunch when i was younger, but not $100 dollars amonth.
U're getting spoiled by your parent huh ^___^

Anyhow, it's better to earn your own .
So u won't feel guilty on spending it.
Anyway that's my opinion ^__^

Cancel

Quote by calisqonone.just few dollars for lunch when i was younger, but not $100 dollars amonth.
U're getting spoiled by your parent huh ^___^
Anyhow, it's better to earn your own .So u won't feel guilty on spending it.
Anyway that's my opinion ^__^

Yeah I always liked it when you earned your own. That way people can't take away your stuff.

• Mar 22, 2005

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Cancel

My parents pay more than I would like them to. I appreciate it, but feel bad for letting them do so. Fact is, I wouldn't be able to live without it.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

streamside

streamside

deranged.

Cancel

erm... 100 pesos a day, which is probably worth around $2... >.<

ya know, sometimes i wish i had a job just so i could have my own money...

however... that 100Php is just for school... whenever i feel like buying something i just ask for it and my dad buys it for me, if it's like, reasonable...

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao Tzu

"A journey of a thousand miles...
is better in a car."

AdventChild

AdventChild

Second Rate Ninja

Cancel

I don't get an allowance, one of the downfalls of being 20, lol. I must earn all my money.

SHURIKEN SHURIKEN

• Mar 22, 2005

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

Cancel

I didn't get any pocket money when I was young kid. It wasn't until I was in the last two years of my high school, particularly in my last year that I started getting $20 a week to spend on myself. When I got into uni it became $40 a week with the lessening of private school fees on my parents and the ever present government study assistance. Not much when I compared it to my friends, but it was enough to get by on and occassionally splurge when I'd scrimped enough savings together.
Glad those days are behind me though cause I don't think I could ever get back to living on that kind of money a week. XD

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

• Mar 22, 2005

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

Cancel

I get $10 a week for lunch... Whether or not I choose to eat lunch is up to me... Other than that I don't get an "allowance".

Signature Image

• Mar 22, 2005

TW12T3D

TW12T3D

Anxiously Waiting . . .

Cancel

i get 10 a week. but i save it for manga/anime and other stupid things like fireworks.

Cancel

I get $5 a week. *sigh* Just a year ago I was at least getting $5 a day. I would gladly work for money, but my parents wont let me. They said they worked when they were my age and got money-hungry, and started neglecting school to go to work, and they ended up not finishing college. Theyre concerned for me and I really appreciate that.
Well when I finally save up some money, I buy DVDs, CDs, mangas, decorative stuff for my room (such as fabrics, figurines, ooh! Egyptian perfume bottles- love those) and pretty stuff to pamper my pup. ^.^
Though thats once a month at best. ^_^'

Cancel

i get nothing but i do get $2 a week to pay for lunch..nothing more... >_>
would anyone like to donate some money to the
ChopsticksNeedsMoney Foundation XD

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

• Mar 23, 2005

Cadi

Cadi

True

Cancel

Quote by Chopstickzi get nothing but i do get $2 a week to pay for lunch..nothing more... &gt;_&gt;
would anyone like to donate some money to theChopsticksNeedsMoney Foundation XD

whoa! we have to pay $3 for a meal at our school cafe! This friend of mine always asks me if I wanted to donate to the LiamO'fleary Foundation. lol.. I guess you guys share a lot in common.
My parents used to give me $10 a month, but as time went on they forgot about it. I didn't bother to remind them. I would ask them for money and I would probably get it if I have a good enough reason to have the money.

Signature Image
awsome sig made by kuai^^

• Mar 23, 2005
Cancel

Quote by Chopstickzi get nothing but i do get $2 a week to pay for lunch..nothing more... &gt;_&gt;
would anyone like to donate some money to theChopsticksNeedsMoney Foundation XD

Ha Ha! I would Chopstickz but sadly I'm just as broke as you are......

• Mar 23, 2005
Cancel

This may seem harsh but I get no allowance at all... It's fine with me though since I'm usually too shy to ask them for money... I mean, they work hard for it, so it's sorta awkward for me to ask them for daily/weekly allowance... It's okay though since they buy me the stuff I need and also some of the stuff I want... ^^;;

• Mar 23, 2005

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

Cancel

My parents give me $80/month sometimes more but is for college things and for me to eat. Usually don't spend all of it and buy stuffs for me. :nya:

Earn money reading e-mails here

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Cancel

I get no allowance u__u
They give me money fro lunch at school twice a week, but that's about it.
I earn money by helping out at the school canteen during lunch hours...
I get $10 a week - which is far less than the legal rate >__<
But it's more of a voluntary work ^^

Cancel

My parents give me $3 a day for lunch, although sometimes they forget. Also I used to help out at my parent's restaurant, cleaning the tables, but nowadays, I don't do that. Spend most of my money on manga, but usually I save it up for who knows what. Ah, well, I let my brother and parents borrow if they need it and sometimes I kinda forget I lent them money in the first place until a while after and I just don't feel like asking for it back.

• Mar 23, 2005

VampireMelinda

VampireMelinda

Digital Goddess

Cancel

I get $60 a month from my parents while I'm in college and that is spend on doing fun stuff like going out to dinner to paying for bills. I also work but its nice to get a little cash to help things along.

"Don't You Want to Hang Out and Waste Your Life with Us?" - Spike from Cowboy Bebop

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 94 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.